Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1345
    Hawkeye, I love your energy. It is so Wolves fan. This is a support group and we are here to support you. Just don't jump ship entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Jarrett Culver, yes please. Coby White, for some strange reason I have the image of Corey Brewer that I must overcome.
    De'Andre Hunter is my biggest hope for a slip up (won't happen though).
    Nba draft junkies has us picking Brandon Clarke. I would be ok with that, with the exception of his lack of 3s. He is like Gibson JR.

Big question though. Would you guys sacrifice a project like that, to attach it to Teague for a (let's say) future first round pick or a lower pick? Maybe the pick and Dieng?
    I am not mentioning Wiggins because with the nincompoops we have it won't happen.
    I would love White as I think he is a difference making PG that can help us immensely and immediately. I also love Culver and Hunter, but honestly I feel like all 3 will all be drafted by pick #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    we could have not traded Rubio for nothing and signed Teague? Again, this is why I am so done with this team. It's constant. It's that friend you have who keeps ****ing everything up in life, and can't figure out why they aren't successful. Eventually you just tell them to git
    I hate giving Taylor any credit, but I will say that Glenn has at least tried to break out of the country club mode by hiring Adleman and then Thibs. Its too bad neither of them hit! I did not want Thibs, but many in here did and he clearly ****ed everything up! Now it appears that Glenn is back to the country club with Saunders and I do not like it at all. The main reason I do not want Saunders is because it probably means that Wiggs is going nowhere. We NEED some one like Dorris Burke (not literally) that understands that Wiggs is an absolute detriment to the franchise!

We are close to the same age Hawk, and have been through it all with this team. I am still a Wolves fan, but I can honestly say that I have missed more games this year than ever before. It is frustrating as hell and every move that Thibs made felt like a kick in my nuts and I am still recovering. Unless we get lucky and have a guy like White (imo difference making PG with size) drop to us, we are in trouble next year too!

I can hear it now.... KAT wants out as the wolves are 19 and 26 at the All Star break! ****!

At this point I am basically uninterested until 2020/21 when we have some cap relief, and I am just praying that KAT remains patient with this inept franchise, because he is a special player.
    Last edited by DW3421; 04-15-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    I hate giving Taylor any credit, but I will say that Glenn has at least tried to break out of the country club mode by hiring Adleman and then Thibs. Its too bad neither of them hit! I did not want Thibs, but many in here did and he clearly ****ed everything up! Now it appears that Glenn is back to the country club with Saunders and I do not like it at all. The main reason I do not want Saunders is because it probably means that Wiggs is going nowhere. We NEED some one like Dorris Burke (not literally) that understands that Wiggs is an absolute detriment to the franchise!

We are close to the same age Hawk, and have been through it all with this team. I am still a Wolves fan, but I can honestly say that I have missed more games this year than ever before. It is frustrating as hell and every move that Thibs made felt like a kick in my nuts and I am still recovering. Unless we get lucky and have a guy like White (imo difference making PG with size) drop to us, we are in trouble next year too!

I can hear it now.... KAT wants out as the wolves are 19 and 26 at the All Star break! ****!

At this point I am basically uninterested until 2020/21 when we have some cap relief, and I am just praying that KAT remains patient with this inept franchise, because he is a special player.
    I know man, it's frustrating.

I know having a kid, with another on the way, has a ton to do with it. As does having a Wild fan for a wife. But the biggest thing is, I no longer get any enjoyment from watching the Wolves. None. I actually get annoyed. That isn't healthy, and they just aren't worth my time. Wiggins could cure cancer and I would still hate him. I just don't get, for the life of me, how this team continues to **** everything up, all the time. Like how can you not just fall into luck for a few years? We have slid into being the worst NBA franchise in history at this point, with no end in sight.

Now, if the ping pong balls give us Zion, then things change haha
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 04-16-2019 at 09:45 AM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I know man, it's frustrating.

I know having a kid, with another on the way, has a ton to do with it. As does having a Wild fan for a wife. But the biggest thing is, I no longer get any enjoyment from watching the Wolves. None. I actually get annoyed. That isn't healthy, and they just aren't worth my time. Wiggins could cure cancer and I would still hate him. I just don't get, for the life of me, how this team continues to **** everything up, all the time. Like how can you not just fall into luck for a few years? We have slid into being the worst NBA franchise in history at this point, with no end in sight.

Now, if the ping pong balls give us Zion, then things change haha
    Hey Hawk. I haven't really watched Wolves games in years, and my life is less stressful as a result. I just check the box scores(and post here) and that's as far as my Wolves fandom goes now-a-days. Nothing wrong with that. Our time is more valuable than watching players on a team not giving a crap about defense(or losing in general).

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Hey Hawk. I haven't really watched Wolves games in years, and my life is less stressful as a result. I just check the box scores(and post here) and that's as far as my Wolves fandom goes now-a-days. Nothing wrong with that. Our time is more valuable than watching players on a team not giving a crap about defense(or losing in general).
    I hear ya man. Just feel torn, cause my loyalty to this team feels like a sibling deal. But I know it's just sports at the end of the day. I am sure I will come back to some degree (and never leave entirely), I just can't spend any more time on this current makeup, it offers me nothing at this point.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    I would love White as I think he is a difference making PG that can help us immensely and immediately. I also love Culver and Hunter, but honestly I feel like all 3 will all be drafted by pick #10.
    Zion
    Morant
    Barrett
    Reddish
    Culver
    White
    Garland
    Hunter

I kind of like all of these guys in some way (this isn't in order), hoping one is there when we pick

Thibs and the Butler situation killed us, I still remember immediately swearing when I heard on draft night lol. Obviously couldn't have predicted we go from "best young team" in the league to this so fast but Thibs from November on in year 1 just seemed like a massive issue to me that never understood what building a team meant or how to adjust to our roster.

It sucks we do seem to be back in that spot where we have a star (Towns) and very little else around him. Covington/Saric are nice role players, Okogie has potential. That pretty much covers the positives of this roster. Deing/Wiggins make 40+ mil, Teague adds almost 20, Rose/Tyus/Taj in fa

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Thibs and the Butler situation killed us, I still remember immediately swearing when I heard on draft night lol. Obviously couldn't have predicted we go from "best young team" in the league to this so fast but Thibs from November on in year 1 just seemed like a massive issue to me that never understood what building a team meant or how to adjust to our roster.

It sucks we do seem to be back in that spot where we have a star (Towns) and very little else around him. Covington/Saric are nice role players, Okogie has potential. That pretty much covers the positives of this roster. Deing/Wiggins make 40+ mil, Teague adds almost 20, Rose/Tyus/Taj in fa
    I think you underestimate Covington and Saric. Also we have 2 interesting rookies to develop.
    Further to that, the fact that Dieng has a bad contract does not mean he is a bad player.

I am not saying that we are in a great situation, but I will not bulldoze everything.

Zion
    Morant
    Barrett
    Reddish
    Culver
    White
    Garland
    Hunter

I kind of like all of these guys in some way (this isn't in order), hoping one is there when we pick
    I don't like Barrett and Redish. I do like Brandon Clarke although the fit could be weird with Towns.

I consider you a smart guy, but even you had zero idea how right you were when it came to the Butler trade.

I consider you a smart guy, but even you had zero idea how right you were when it came to the Butler trade.
    I mean sure but nobody knew for sure how it would play out, I don't think knowing the extent was necessary to see we probably regret it and a lot of the reasoning I used came to be true. We traded the wrong pieces (outside dunn), for the wrong player who had locker room issues and on top was aging/due big $/overlapped with Wiggins who we kept, without considering we weren't ready yet, and with a coach trying to move players to adapt to him instead of adapting to the talent on the team/nba etc.

Nothing we can do but look forward now.

I was looking over some contracts and wondered if Grizzlies planned to trade Conley given they moved Gasol and won't compete. I think we all want Wiggins gone and this might be a way to move him to a rebuilding team with an older/vet contract type thing. If Kawhi leaves maybe Lowry wants out. I feel like trying to find a team who values wiggins in some way over a current vet/higher contract is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I don't like Barrett and Redish. I do like Brandon Clarke although the fit could be weird with Towns.
    I like Barrett and while I question Reddish some there is just a lot of talent there.

Clarke seems like a solid role player but I am not sure on where his ceiling is. I don't mind him but I am hoping to get one of the more talented players in the draft personally.

I mean sure but nobody knew for sure how it would play out, I don't think knowing the extent was necessary to see we probably regret it and a lot of the reasoning I used came to be true. We traded the wrong pieces (outside dunn), for the wrong player who had locker room issues and on top was aging/due big $/overlapped with Wiggins who we kept, without considering we weren't ready yet, and with a coach trying to move players to adapt to him instead of adapting to the talent on the team/nba etc.

Nothing we can do but look forward now.

I was looking over some contracts and wondered if Grizzlies planned to trade Conley given they moved Gasol and won't compete. I think we all want Wiggins gone and this might be a way to move him to a rebuilding team with an older/vet contract type thing. If Kawhi leaves maybe Lowry wants out. I feel like trying to find a team who values wiggins in some way over a current vet/higher contract is the way to go.
    to what? 10000000% chance we **** up whatever attempt we next come up with. Clearly, I have built up animosity towards this franchise, and frankly, it's well deserved.

Like seriously, how can anyone have confidence in this team ever getting it right?

to what? 10000000% chance we **** up whatever attempt we next come up with. Clearly, I have built up animosity towards this franchise, and frankly, it's well deserved.

Like seriously, how can anyone have confidence in this team ever getting it right?
    I mean I don't have confidence we do, just like I didn't with Thibs and so on. Nothing has really changed here other than we got rid of Thibs who has been the biggest problem over the last few years. Taylor is still an obvious issue but if he happens to hire the right crew he can be negated on the way to accumulating talent (see Flip).

I was pissed when our team was devolving into what it will be and ignoring all those issues/flaws I pointed to at the time when breaking up our young talent due to Thibs inability to coach or have a long term plan. At least now the main issue/Thibs is gone even if the hope of something better is low it isn't a known negative (at least he was to me as stated for a long time).

Towns. Towns is what we have to look forward to. Okogie/Covington/Saric are good too but mostly Towns. We have an upcoming pick that could also net a talented player. There is an opportunity to improve on Thibs at the very least from a GM type standpoint and hopefully making better decisions (not hopeful but an actual chance instead of knowing Thibs).