Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 1,156 to 1,166 of 1166
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    There's probably thousands of random people in the country with a lot of power who can hit bombs "when they connect", however I'm sure you know the problem is actually connecting.

He's not a good baseball player. Not even a little bit, and it'll be a joke if he's ever called up. The players on the team will mostly think the same even though they won't say it.
    Still, .273 in AA is nothing to sneeze at.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    There's probably thousands of random people in the country with a lot of power who can hit bombs "when they connect", however I'm sure you know the problem is actually connecting.

He's not a good baseball player. Not even a little bit, and it'll be a joke if he's ever called up. The players on the team will mostly think the same even though they won't say it.
    Not even a little bit? There’s probably - roughly - 2500 ppl in the world who will play at AA or above this year. He is in elite company. What he’s accomplished as a pro player has taken some humility, lots of hard work, plus athleticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Still, .273 in AA is nothing to sneeze at.
    He's an elite athlete. Tell your boy to try out for AA ball if it's so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    He's an elite athlete. Tell your boy to try out for AA ball if it's so easy.
    I don't think enough fans appreciate how good you have to be to be able to compete in AA ball. Elite athlete indeed.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Two years ago i sure as heck didn't think he'd be this good. He put Michael Jordan to shame.

Two years ago i sure as heck didn't think he'd be this good. He put Michael Jordan to shame.
    I also love the logic of "He's never gonna be a Major Leaguer" paired with "It's a stunt if he makes it to the Major Leagues."

Hateful people will always be hateful people.

Tim Tebow, really?

yeh i figured AA was his ceiling. I think Jordan batted less than .210 at AA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited for posting before just reading through the thread and the question was answered already

I find the whole Tebow thing to be fascinating. I am sure I said this earlier in this mega thread but I don't understand why anyone gets up in arms about this. I understood it when he started out and all he did was strike out and misplay fly balls. He came and played at Lakewood Blueclaws, which is right by my house and I was there during the series when he tried to toss a ball into the crowd to a kid and hit some dude in the nuts and went up and gave the guy a signed bat and some other SWAG because he felt so bad about hitting him in the nuts. I think the Jets forum had the article talking about how he still can't hit a receiver lol.

But I can't understand anyone being a hater at this point. He's performing at a league average level at this point and who thought that was ever gonna happen. When I hear the blah blah about the roster spot I think- he's giving these kids the time of their lives. I go see a lot of minor league baseball. More than I see the Mets. And the games are usually empty and the people that are there are there for the taco stands, and the bouncy house and the beer garden. Very few are watching the game. You don't think these kids are enjoying the energy of playing to sold out crowds? Taken out to fine restaurants that they can't afford on Tebow's dime?

That's worth a roster spot. And who ever thought we'd get this far. Its fun to watch at this point. I gotta tell ya, going to see him at a small stadium filled with ravenous fanatics and passionate haters (there was a row in front of me that stood up cheered when he struck out and screamed at him the whole game and I was right behind home plate. It was hilarious). So, I'd suggest getting out to the circus if you get a chance, its a blast

Quote Originally Posted by MetsKnicks View Post
    I find the whole Tebow thing to be fascinating. I am sure I said this earlier in this mega thread but I don't understand why anyone gets up in arms about this. I understood it when he started out and all he did was strike out and misplay fly balls. He came and played at Lakewood Blueclaws, which is right by my house and I was there during the series when he tried to toss a ball into the crowd to a kid and hit some dude in the nuts and went up and gave the guy a signed bat and some other SWAG because he felt so bad about hitting him in the nuts. I think the Jets forum had the article talking about how he still can't hit a receiver lol.

But I can't understand anyone being a hater at this point. He's performing at a league average level at this point and who thought that was ever gonna happen. When I hear the blah blah about the roster spot I think- he's giving these kids the time of their lives. I go see a lot of minor league baseball. More than I see the Mets. And the games are usually empty and the people that are there are there for the taco stands, and the bouncy house and the beer garden. Very few are watching the game. You don't think these kids are enjoying the energy of playing to sold out crowds? Taken out to fine restaurants that they can't afford on Tebow's dime?

That's worth a roster spot. And who ever thought we'd get this far. Its fun to watch at this point. I gotta tell ya, going to see him at a small stadium filled with ravenous fanatics and passionate haters (there was a row in front of me that stood up cheered when he struck out and screamed at him the whole game and I was right behind home plate. It was hilarious). So, I'd suggest getting out to the circus if you get a chance, its a blast
    I don't understand why people root against him.....If he's not good enough then he won't play in the majors. If he works his *** off (which seems to be the case) and continues to gradually improve why wouldn't you want someone like that to succeed? Guys that bust their *** have an effect on those around them and make other people want to work harder. Imagine if guys like Dom Smith or Rosario or any of our other younger guys put in the same kind of effort and work ethic that Tebow does? Those guys have way more talent than him, but if they paired his work ethic with their talent they would be super stars. I think Tebow is good for the culture of the team whether he makes the majors or not he sets a good example. Since when do we hate on a true underdog story?
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    I don't understand why people root against him.....If he's not good enough then he won't play in the majors. If he works his *** off (which seems to be the case) and continues to gradually improve why wouldn't you want someone like that to succeed? Guys that bust their *** have an effect on those around them and make other people want to work harder. Imagine if guys like Dom Smith or Rosario or any of our other younger guys put in the same kind of effort and work ethic that Tebow does? Those guys have way more talent than him, but if they paired his work ethic with their talent they would be super stars. I think Tebow is good for the culture of the team whether he makes the majors or not he sets a good example. Since when do we hate on a true underdog story?
    Please tell me you're not confusing lampooning his chances, his ability, or whether he actually belonged in professional baseball with rooting against him. I did all those things without rooting against him. But then he made me a convert. Was blind but now I see. Amazing Tim, how sweet the swing?

Seriously, very few people were rooting against him. On the other hand, people who share a certain belief about, oh, I dunno, things, were likely to think Tim was being, oh, how should I put this, crucified?

Tim ya know it ain't easy. You know how hard it can be. The way things are going, they're gonna crucify me.

Does anyone know Paul and John recorded that song all by themselves, with John singing and playing rhythm guitar and Paul singing backup and playing all the other instruments? And that it was recorded after the group actually broke up? Just throwin that in there.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778