Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1117
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    10,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Itís sad that those who do it now get insulted and the other guy was beloved for it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Two completely different meanings behind the gesture. Can't compare them.

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    94,848
    Yes we can because both gestures were to represent something.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    10,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yes we can because both gestures were to represent something.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tebow wasn't trying to represent anything. He was doing it for himself, ostensibly. The players kneeling for the anthem are trying to make a statement. The whole point of their action is to draw attention. So obviously there's going to be more of a public discussion about it.

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    94,848

    Tim Tebow, really?

    Tebow did to represent his Christian beliefs.

    And it was a look at me thing!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    10,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Tebow did to represent his Christian beliefs.

    And it was a look at me thing!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's debatable. I don't think it was, but you do. Okay. Let's suppose it was. He's not exactly representing a controversial message. The NFL players are.

    I mean, come on. You know this perfectly well. It's apples and oranges.

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    94,848
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    That's debatable. I don't think it was, but you do. Okay. Let's suppose it was. He's not exactly representing a controversial message. The NFL players are.

    I mean, come on. You know this perfectly well. It's apples and oranges.
    Is not.

    The only difference is that Tebow did it for himself and others did it for the troubles that others are going through.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #982
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    10,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Is not.

    The only difference is that Tebow did it for himself and others did it for the troubles that others are going through.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're being willfully obtuse here. There's no point in continuing.

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    94,848
    No am not, thatís exactly what these guys were doing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #984
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    10,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    No am not, thatís exactly what these guys were doing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not saying you're wrong about what the players are doing. I'm saying you can't compare it to what Tebow was doing. It's not the same thing. Tim didn't kneel during the anthem in protest, he knelt after the game to praise God. Not even remotely the same thing. People don't care that Tebow was praying, because it was a positive thing. Protesting during the anthem? Not so much. People take that stuff very seriously. It was a misguided decision.

    And I'm sure you'll answer with an enlightened "Did not." ****ing pointless.

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,802
    Iím not faulting the kneeling players either and Iím nothing if not an outspoken atheist, but as Joe said, this really is Apples and Oranges. In our country thereís nothing controversial with celebrating Jesus but itís extrmely controversial to criticize cops, even more so when it is perceived to be a slight against the flag. ďTebowingĒ had none of those elements.

  11. #986
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Is not.

    The only difference is that Tebow did it for himself and others did it for the troubles that others are going through.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not even close to being the same. The tebow kneeling is more inline with Turk Wendell's superstitious antics than anything these other players are doing during the national anthem.

    What the anthem protesters are doing is more inline with cussing out a corpse at a funeral. Not illegal by any means, but it's a selfish, disrespectful d!CK move.
    Last edited by eeek78; 06-10-2018 at 08:04 AM.

  12. #987
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    10,522
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Iím not faulting the kneeling players either and Iím nothing if not an outspoken atheist, but as Joe said, this really is Apples and Oranges. In our country thereís nothing controversial with celebrating Jesus but itís extrmely controversial to criticize cops, even more so when it is perceived to be a slight against the flag. ďTebowingĒ had none of those elements.
    Exactly. And I'm not saying the players are doing anything morally wrong, I just think they were strategically wrong to choose the national anthem as a protest point. It completely backfired.

  13. #988
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    27,077

    Tim Tebow, really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Tebow did to represent his Christian beliefs.

    And it was a look at me thing!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Might be contextually off base here...

    What about every time Nimmo points to the sky. That ainít a bird or airplane he is pointing at.

    Whereís the hate for Nimmo?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #989
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Might be contextually off base here...

    What about every time Nimmo points to the sky. That ainít a bird or airplane he is pointing at.

    Whereís the hate for Nimmo?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You'd probably see hate if he made more of a producion of it then just momentarily pointing upward. If every time he reached first base safely, he kneeled on the base for several seconds while closing his eyes into a closed fist (or whatever the heck Tebow did while "Tebowing) you'd probably see more of a negative reaction.

    The difference is in the duration.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

  15. #990
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    42,892
    Maybe he is giving thanks to the Scottish God of Walks.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •