Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 1117
  1. #646
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    30,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    He could be. It's within the scope of all possible outcomes even if it is doubtful.
    Scope of possible outcomes? How about we try common sense? No way Tebow is a better baseball player than football player. He had success as an NFL QB, albeit in an offense built around him.

    No way he makes the majors unless the Mets use him as a way to sell tickets at the end of the season.

  2. #647
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    40,117
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Scope of possible outcomes? How about we try common sense? No way Tebow is a better baseball player than football player. He had success as an NFL QB, albeit in an offense built around him.

    No way he makes the majors unless the Mets use him as a way to sell tickets at the end of the season.
    He's talking about the existence of probability, not likelihood.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  3. #648
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    30,196
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    He's talking about the existence of probability, not likelihood.
    No matter how its phrased, it's extremely unlikely.

    Me picking up a bat and starting in CF for the Mets is also within a scope of possible outcomes. This of course if most of the world population was obliterated and they had room for a 32 year old Met fan whose closest whiff of professional baseball was taking batting practice with the Brooklyn Cyclones.

  4. #649
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    40,117
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No matter how its phrased, it's extremely unlikely.

    Me picking up a bat and starting in CF for the Mets is also within a scope of possible outcomes. This of course if most of the world population was obliterated and they had room for a 32 year old Met fan whose closest whiff of professional baseball was taking batting practice with the Brooklyn Cyclones.
    That was precisely his point.

    The person you have an issue with is JoeGamer who sincerely believes Tebow might be better at baseball than football.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  5. #650
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    27,077
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No matter how its phrased, it's extremely unlikely.
    Of course it is very unlikely.

    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Me picking up a bat and starting in CF for the Mets is also within a scope of possible outcomes.
    Until you are first employed by the Mets as a player and participate in professional games there is no possibility.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

  6. #651
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    40,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Of course it is very unlikely.



    Until you are first employed by the Mets as a player and participate in professional games there is no possibility.
    It’s akso a possibility that he can pick up a bat first and then get hired and then used in CF.

    Very unlikely but still theoretically possible.

  7. #652
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    43,228
    With Tebow's staggering .059 batting average in spring training, you have a better chance having Elijah taking that seat at Passover than Tebow playing in a regular season MLB game.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  8. #653
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    30,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Of course it is very unlikely.
    Its not even very unlikely. Its not going to happen.

  9. #654
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    40,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    With Tebow's staggering .059 batting average in spring training, you have a better chance having Elijah taking that seat at Passover than Tebow playing in a regular season MLB game.
    Probably a better chance of Elijah playing in the Majors for the Mets but yeah.

  10. #655
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    43,228
    Tebow's ops is on the interstate.
    .161

    Gold Jerry!


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  11. #656
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    40,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Tebow's ops is on the interstate.
    .161

    Gold Jerry!
    ROTFLMAO!!!! I've never heard of an OPS being around the interstate. Bartolo Colon's OPS for us in 2016 was .265. Lifetime over a 20 year major league career it was .202!

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  12. #657
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    40,117
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Hey, he could be. How long was he in the NFL? Let's see what he makes of his baseball thing.
    Three years, 35 games, including QB-ing for a playoff game winner?

    Come on.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  13. #658
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    10,891
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Says the man who thinks Tebow could be a better at professional baseball than football.
    Hey, he could be. How long was he in the NFL? Let's see what he makes of his baseball thing.

  14. #659
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    10,891
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    ROTFLMAO!!!! I've never heard of an OPS being around the interstate. Bartolo Colon's OPS for us in 2016 was .265. Lifetime over a 20 year major league career it was .202!

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    The only thing sadder than Timmy's performance this spring is this post.

  15. #660
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    40,117
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    The only thing sadder than Timmy's performance this spring is this post.
    Except for maybe your face!

Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •