Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Tim Tebow, really?

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Unless the Mets were looking to help their minor league affiliates that badly, I'm sure he's worth more to the Mets than 200 or 300,000 dollars. You don't sign a 29 year old guy who hasn't played baseball for 12 years unless he has more value to the team than what he can potentially produce on the field, which surprisingly isn't much.
    How would he be worth more?

If heís at AA this season, they get $0 from the Rumble Ponies. $0.

2017 St Lucie Mets drew 27k more fans in Tebow-land. At an average ticket value of $9 thatís roughly $250k. Throw in 1000 jerseys off of Mets.com at a $50 profit and you have $300k.

Tebowís value is in helping the Mets build a long term fan base that may continue to root for the them even when he leaves the organization. His direct $ annual impact right now really isnít so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dugmet; 03-11-2018 at 07:47 PM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Why could his bb career be different? Completely different skillset. Completely. Different. Skillset.

Will it be different? Provably not, but u canít say he wont be a successful MLB player bc he wasnít a successful NFL player.

Skill set for baseball is harder than the skill set for football.

Tim Tebow, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Reading a defense is a completely different skill than reading the spin on a baseball. You can be good at either one and bad on the other.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

They're completely different. Not even remotely related.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    They're completely different. Not even remotely related.
    Yes, they are different, but imo baseballís skill sets are harder than football, not to take away anything from football players.

Tim Tebow, really?

Yes, they are different, but imo baseballís skill sets are harder than football, not to take away anything from football players.

Therefore every successful MLB player should be able to QB in the NFL bc MLB is harder?

I am that Daddy Cool

Different skills and level of athletic ability required.

I doubt many baseball players have the natural athletic ability to run a 4.4 40, take on full speed hits from LBers who are 250lbs of muscle or manage the tap dancing like footwork it needs to stay in bounds on close plays down the sideline.

And I'm fairly confident vast majority of superb NFL players couldn't reach fast enough to hit a high 90s major league fastball, much less a nasty breaking pitch.

There are a few crossovers, like Deion and Bo Jackson, but boy are they rare genetic specimens.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Yes!

Eh, I think it's more about craft than football is, at least for the most part. Baseball's closer to golf than to football, in my opinion. There's a lot more athletic diversity to football, though. The skills between a wide receiver and a lineman don't have any crossover, for example. The tight end is unique to sports in that it's basically a compromise between those two positions.
    Last edited by JoeGamer81; 03-11-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Pretty confused by this statement....It all depends on the position played in either sport. An NFL Quarterback IMO is one of the hardest position to play out of all of the major sports. Reading a defense, calling audibles at the line in real time, having composure under intense pressure from 300+ pounds DL & DE, understanding hundreds of different plays.......I think an NFL QB is harder than any position in the MLB.....If you want to say maybe a DL or WR isn't as hard of a position then say an MLB pitcher or catcher then maybe we can have a discussion, but otherwise I think your opinion is really off base and not accurate.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Jay Schroeder was a first round pick if the BJs who struggled to hit .200 in the minors.

If I recall he had a somewhat successful career as an NFL QB.

I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Jay Schroeder was a first round pick if the BJs who struggled to hit .200 in the minors.

If I recall he had a somewhat successful career as an NFL QB.

One player example is anecdotal evidence......You need different types of skills for either sport but that doesn't mean one is harder then the other or vice versa. Different skills sets needed for either sport, but both are equally as difficult IMO.

I mean for Christ's sake Bartolo Colon is on the cusp of a hall of fame career in the MLB, that man couldn't sniff the NFL lol.....That's my point different skill sets are needed for each sport and each position within those sports.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Obviously guys need different skills for both sports, am talking bout the guys who can do both. Those guys usually have a harder time with baseball than with football.

Obviously guys need different skills for both sports, am talking bout the guys who can do both. Those guys usually have a harder time with baseball than with football.

Dion Sanders is a football Hall of Famer, but also pretty great for a decade in MLB. Bo Jackson had a longer career in baseball than football.

Like you said Sanders was a HOF football player, but an average player in the majors at best.

Bo Jackson had an injury that stop his career as football player. He also mostly did baseball and would play only about 10 football games. I believe if he would of been a full time running back he would of been a better player than he was. He was a decent baseball player.

And then you have guys like Tebow who was a better football player.

Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast