Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    Do you guys think we keep Snitker for next season? I like him.
    Everything I have read seems to suggest we won't give him the manager job full time. At the very least he needs to be kept on the major league staff in some capacity. I really like him.

Tell me something. When Inciarte caught that almost homer by Cepedes to end that game was that the catch of the year. Harold Reynolds thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by styxlover View Post
    Tell me something. When Inciarte caught that almost homer by Cepedes to end that game was that the catch of the year. Harold Reynolds thought so.
    lol it was a heck of a catch, though.

They compared it to a Mike Trout home run robbery..

I think the implications of the catch help in making it catch of the year. Final out of the game, robbing a game winning bomb against a team in the playoff chase. That's good stuff.

Man this team is playing well, that guy Kemp have some serious power and he's been playing good defense lately, even though he won't be a good player according to WAR he makes a huge difference to this lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Man this team is playing well, that guy Kemp have some serious power and he's been playing good defense lately, even though he won't be a good player according to WAR he makes a huge difference to this lineup.
    Yea I like advanced stats and all but there are certain things stats can't ever show you. It's amazing how the impact he's had not only guys like Freddie but the entire offense is completely different. Add in the fact we got rid of Olivera and that trade is a home run for Coppy. I can't wait to see what the lineup can do next year with Swanson likely hitting higher in the order and the eventual promotion of Albies. Future is bright!

Also our success isn't going unnoticed around the league either. My dad is an Indians fan and he was telling me tonight the Indians announcers were talking about how the Tigers have a tough series coming up against the Braves. Kinda funny to hear that after the putrid start we had.

Today's game vs the Marlins is cancelled due to the fact Jose Fernandez was killed early Sunday in a boating accident... terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Today's game vs the Marlins is cancelled due to the fact Jose Fernandez was killed early Sunday in a boating accident... terrible.
    Terrible news man, I'm shocked. So young and talented, he was by far my favorite non-braves pitcher to watch. He had so much energy and was fearless, I still can't believe it.

Totally shocked when I read this horrible news.

I can't believe that.

The way we are playing right now we're about to fall all the way to the 7th pick.

0-4 for Freeman tonight... not looking good for the hit streak.

It's too bad we started off the season so awful. The way we have been playing under Snitker we could have been an outside contender for the wild card. Love how this team has been playing under him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast