Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I'm open to either way but I wouldn't mind trying out the auction....seems like it could be risky and fun.

Question: When the snake draft begins and you draft a player, do you take on that players 2016 - 2017 NBA player salary? For example, if I drafted Cole Aldrich am I committed to his $7,643,979 this season?

I wouldn't mind doing a full auction game either, but this seems different enough to be fun
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by murphturph View Post
    Question: When the snake draft begins and you draft a player, do you take on that players 2016 - 2017 NBA player salary? For example, if I drafted Cole Aldrich am I committed to his $7,643,979 this season?
    Yes we will use their upcoming salary, I wanted to ask which site we should use (hoops hype?)

@super
    Yeah a full auction game would be cool, but it would take way too long so we will see how this goes first

If we're going to do the auction thing, then my only suggestion would be that teams can't trade the players they win before the auction portion of the redraft is over. I could win a bid for LeBron, ship him off for pick upgrades then buy two more players and continue to do so. Let's do it right then, no trades that involve players before the auction part of the redraft is over. That way, teams are forced to bid on the guys they want to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    If we're going to do the auction thing, then my only suggestion would be that teams can't trade the players they win before the auction portion of the redraft is over. I could win a bid for LeBron, ship him off for pick upgrades then buy two more players and continue to do so. Let's do it right then, no trades that involve players before the auction part of the redraft is over. That way, teams are forced to bid on the guys they want to keep.
    I like this idea.

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

If you win the bid for Lebron, you've spent a lot of money right. No team that won him would trade pick upgrades for him. If you have Lebron, why would you trade him for 3rd/4th/5th round pick upgrades? And then risk having to pay the same much for a lesser player, or end up not winning any other players in the auction.

Also - the draft lineup won't be set up until after the auction process is over, so that completely negates your worries about what a GM might do.

Don't say no team would do that. If you trade LeBron he doesn't count on your cap anymore. I could win the bid for him, trade him and my 5 for a 3/4 (regardless of what spots those picks are in). You've essentially traded him for pick upgrades and can easily bid on two more players with your full cap space. I don't like the trading players during the auction portion, I'd eliminate that from the game and would only allow it as soon as we start the regular portion of the draft.

Why dont we just let it run as an experiment and see if it works. Can't hurt can it? Hell we can always just do a normal one afterwards if you guys hate this one so much
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Don't say no team would do that. If you trade LeBron he doesn't count on your cap anymore. I could win the bid for him, trade him and my 5 for a 3/4 (regardless of what spots those picks are in). You've essentially traded him for pick upgrades and can easily bid on two more players with your full cap space. I don't like the trading players during the auction portion, I'd eliminate that from the game and would only allow it as soon as we start the regular portion of the draft.
    Ahhhh i see what you are saying now.

I just added the bolded to the rules. Now, to make it clear:

Auction Portion: Private; Can bid on multiple players at a time, however you cannot acquire more than 2 players through this bidding process.Teams can acquire 0, 1, or 2 players via this bidding process, and you CANNOT trade those players until AFTER the auction portion is over and the snakedraft has been set (when every team has 2 players). I will make a post to start the bidding for certain players in the designated thread. Teams will have 24 hours to send in their private bids (LIMIT OF ONE BID PER PLAYER). The players will go to the highest bidder respectively.

Thanks for pointing that out.

after sleeping on it, I'm excited to try this now. Just hope ppl dont quit. Like super says, if it sucks, we can run it back the old style

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    after sleeping on it, I'm excited to try this now. Just hope ppl dont quit. Like super says, if it sucks, we can run it back the old style

I know the bidding is going to be private but can you post the winning bid as some take their time update their club houses and as GM's we need to see where the market is being set

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I know the bidding is going to be private but can you post the winning bid as some take their time update their club houses and as GM's we need to see where the market is being set
    yup i'm making the thread right now, after every round every player with their salary will be posted for all to see

Auction Group (Four Per Group)
    1 - Lebron, Curry, Durant, Leonard
    2 - Paul, Westbrook, Davis, Harden
    3 - Griffin, George, Green, Cousins
    4 - Butler, Thompson, Aldridge, Lillard

Auction Group (Five Per Group)
    5 - Irving, Melo, Lowry, Millsap, Wall
    6 - M. Gasol, Towns, Love, Jordan, Horford
    7 - Wade, CJ McCullom, Nowitzki, Whiteside, Howard
    8 - Conley, DeRozan, Hayward, Antetokounmpo, Drummond,
    9 - Bledsoe, Wiggins, Gallinari, Favors, Gobert
    10 - I. Thomas, Middleton, Batum, Beal, Ibaka