Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

September Game Thread and Discussion

LET'S GO BUCS!!!!!

As I'm sure you have all noticed (if there are any of you actually left) my posting here has dropped off a ton lately. The Liriano trade and the uneven nature of this season has taken a lot of wind out of my sails plus I have been pretty busy with well life and activity on here has dropped to basically zero sans myself. I'm not leaving this board however unless something changes this is likely the new norm for this board with me being only an occasional poster and you guys chiming in from time to time. Next year will likely see just one season long discussion thread as without my daily lineup postings the threads just don't get very long. Its been a great season and lets hope the Pirates are able to ensure that this isn't the last game thread post of the 2016 season.

Let's Go Bucs!
    Last edited by burgh_fan66; 09-02-2016 at 10:35 AM.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

Well things are certainly off to a poor start this month. I figured to have any shot at a wild card spot the Pirates needed to win 20 of their last 30. They lost the first three of that stretch so now its 20 of 27. Still doable but it certainly is going to take much better play than what we saw this weekend.

Things are no doubt bleak but win the next 2 and the Pirates are just 2.5 out with 25 to games to go. To put it bluntly this isn't quite a must win game but man it would sure be a good start.

Josh Harrison, 2B
    John Jaso, 1B
    Andrew McCutchen, CF
    Gregory Polanco, LF
    Jung-Ho Kang, 3B
    Matt Joyce, RF
    Jordy Mercer, SS
    Chris Stewart, C
    Ryan Vogelsong, P

What an awful loss last night. If there is going to be any sort of miracle run out of this group then it has to start tonight. Being 4.5 back with 25 to go is near impossible but being 6.5 back with 25 to go is completely impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    What an awful loss last night. If there is going to be any sort of miracle run out of this group then it has to start tonight. Being 4.5 back with 25 to go is near impossible but being 6.5 back with 25 to go is completely impossible.
    i dont get in here as much as id like to i invite pirates fans to this site but none have joined so far with this being a down year its no wonder but just remember the pirates have a history of bouncing back after down seasons.with the young pitching maturing the sky is the limit next season.see ya'll when i can