Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

August 22-28 At D-Backs At Giants

Folty vs Godley
    Whalen vs Bradley
    Teheran vs Greinke
    Wisler/Blair/Bradley vs Ray

Thanks for making the thread Beldugo. In Seattle right now and do not have a computer with me

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    Thanks for making the thread Beldugo. In Seattle right now and do not have a computer with me

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
    No problem, my thread is obviously not as fancy but I guess is something lol.

I hate the road trips to the west coast, Arizona, San Francisco, San Diego, Colorado, our pitchers always under perform in these stadiums. Folty pitched nice tonight though, he allowed 4 runs in 6 innings but beside that it was awesome, no walks and 7 strikeouts.

Markakis continuing to swing the bat well.

Freeman is destroying a baseball right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Freeman is destroying a baseball right now.
    The dude is going back to his 2013 ways of smashing that fastball (26.7 wFB in 2013, 24.1 wFB right now). Striking out the most he has ever had but the walks are close to his career high in BB%. It's all in that ISO, .258...he's never gotten above a .196 before.

To believe he's doing this with crap surrounding around him and him dealing with some type of injury throughout the season. Yesh...#huglife scary.

Then you have the story of Jim Johnson..who's pitching as well as his 2011-2013 days...all because he's throwing 1 particular pitch that he's always had in his arsenal but is breaking it out more.

His velocity is down, his walks are up, his GB% is down, and his FB/HR % is still high...so how the hell is he pitching well? That 9.13 K/9. He's never gotten anything higher than a 7.52 K/9...where is this coming from??

The curveball.

He's throwing it a whopping 24% of the time...the most he has ever thrown his curve in his career. Evidently, that has made all the difference with the guy.

His FIP is now 3.23 with a 3.29 xFIP. That FIP would be his second best mark in his career along with that xFIP.

Go figure.

I figured Freeman's early season issues were due to a lack of preparation in the offseason because of his injury. I actually assumed this entire year would be down for him statistically and that he would straighten out next year. Glad to see him hitting like this this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    The dude is going back to his 2013 ways of smashing that fastball (26.7 wFB in 2013, 24.1 wFB right now). Striking out the most he has ever had but the walks are close to his career high in BB%. It's all in that ISO, .258...he's never gotten above a .196 before.

To believe he's doing this with crap surrounding around him and him dealing with some type of injury throughout the season. Yesh...#huglife scary.
    Do you think Kemp hitting behind him has anything to do with his recent surge? Maybe he's seeing some better pitches to hit?

Also really glad to see Wisler pitch so well last night. Hopefully the demotion gets him back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Also really glad to see Wisler pitch so well last night. Hopefully the demotion gets him back on track.
    Yeah, Wisler being a fly ball pitcher at that park, I was expecting a nightmare but the groundball game was working and even though he didn't struck out a lot of hitters the Dbacks weren't hitting the ball hard. Dansby played a great defensive game too.

A win is a win!

Folty pitched really well tonight. If he can just learn to be consistent we've got an ace. Flowers said after the game that he's the best arm he's caught in his career. That's saying something considering he was Sales personal catcher.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Folty pitched really well tonight. If he can just learn to be consistent we've got an ace. Flowers said after the game that he's the best arm he's caught in his career. That's saying something considering he was Sales personal catcher.
    It's too bad the Giants didn't have Posey, Belt, or Pence in the lineup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast