Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    NBA culture is so different. Go to baseball reddit then go to basketball reddit. Two different worlds.
    yea in the basketball area on this site we call each other ****heads/*****es and just about anything not racist and mods let it be because the only way they need to enforce **** is if people report... someone like my man tredigs is really the only one to constantly get banned because the same few people legit follow and report him lol... even in the playoffs in the nba area when **** hits the fan people know how to walk the line... they were killing me when KL destroyed the sixers on the last shot but you take it as well as you give it... in the mlb area certain posters cant do that... thomas hand was forced because posters.

Lol spliff should understand this because the second he started laughing i am sure certain posters hit the report button... it sucks but clearly **** would have gotten worse and then infractions woulda been handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yea in the basketball area on this site we call each other ****heads/*****es and just about anything not racist and mods let it be because the only way they need to enforce **** is if people report... someone like my man tredigs is really the only one to constantly get banned because the same few people legit follow and report him lol... even in the playoffs in the nba area when **** hits the fan people know how to walk the line... they were killing me when KL destroyed the sixers on the last shot but you take it as well as you give it... in the mlb area certain posters cant do that... thomas hand was forced because posters.
    Thats why i say majority rules.

We need to have some kind of poll for the general sports threads... not team sub threads. I mean one posters report should NOT end everyone elses fun. Some bull. He put a target on his back. Now everyone knows he did it. Ill never not make fun of him for that.

We need to have some kind of poll for the general sports threads... not team sub threads. I mean one posters report should NOT end everyone elses fun. Some bull. He put a target on his back. Now everyone knows he did it. Ill never not make fun of him for that.
    No one reported anything tonight. Like I said, I know prior history, so I went ahead and started to take things down before they escalated like they always do.

well it could have been 2 people tbh.... but yea there is a few in each area. There should def be much more leeway in the general sports area threads and that one poster that was def trolling should have been banned with the discussion continuing but it all comes down to the circumstance/history and the people involved.... that is why i said i get what spiff is saying but thomas did the right thing when you factor in he really had no choice...

had he not... there would be dodgers in the giants area... then threads formed in both the giants and dodgers areas adding fuel and then dodgers posters running to this area making posts about how the site is being unfair because of this and that and rush would have been brought in it because he is a giants fan lol... like i am not kidding this **** runs deep

Thats why i said... it should not be allowed in team forums.

Every boy in school read that crap. I remember thinking how gay it was. They all had NWO/ chicago bulls shirts, hammer pants and those gay goosbumps books. Something ruined men. Might as well blame it on those books.
    I loved NWO...and we can't blame hammer pants.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I loved NWO...and we can't blame hammer pants.
    I didnt blame the nwo or hammer. I blamed the books. Part of them wanted to be bad ***... the other half wanted to read ****** mystery books. Im guessing thats what made them soft.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I kind of understand it to a point... it all depends on circumstance... the one guy opened up the can of worms but thomas is basically trying to stop people from getting banned... maybe it was a quick trigger but imagine had he let it go and 2 people really started insulting then he would be forced to infract... need to have self control on both sides... mods and posters.... also we all know his hand was forced once guys or general person started reporting and complaining... in the NBA area we get away with a ton of trolling baiting mostly because we self mod... meaning we dont run to the report button forcing spurs etc hand.

once someone reported thomas was forced to warn in the thread... he warned several times... its mostly on the people reporting tbh... thomas just doing what he was suppose to... rush woulda done the same thing and he hates the dodgers.
    Well then both are way off in their approach. Not to mention TT claims that no one was reporting posts. No need to kiss ***, MTM. You've seen how this has played out in the past just as I have.

Again, only ONE person was using direct personal insults. This person constantly gets away with it and is protected like a hobbled victim by the helicopter mods. Ban the one guy (even if it's just a NLDS thread/MLB forum ban) instead of threatening everyone else with bans.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    No one reported anything tonight. Like I said, I know prior history, so I went ahead and started to take things down before they escalated like they always do.
    You jumped the gun like a mofo. We're all adults. You act like you're preventing a terrorist threat or some ****; it ain't that serious.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I'm on the other end of the spectrum, I say police the **** outta this place. If competition is Twitter, and that's a completely lawless entity, how can you compete by being semi lawless? Strike down bans with furious anger against those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers (and sisters)!

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum, I say police the **** outta this place. If competition is Twitter, and that's a completely lawless entity, how can you compete by being semi lawless? Strike down bans with furious anger against those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers (and sisters)!
    Rofl

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829