Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dansby Swanson getting called up tommorow

David O'Brien (@DOBrienAJC)
    12 secs ago - View on Twitter
    #Braves boss Hart says Swanson to be called up from M-Braves and will be in lineup tomorrow.
    dob

Well, here we go.

Swanson called up Aybar traded!!

According to DOB via John hart

Here we go. I like the call up. Get him some time to get his feet wet. Bat him in front of Freeman, should get good pitches to hit. Defensively he is ready n what I read should make the adjustment to the MLB offensively.

So who do we release or trade to get Albies up?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballislife7 View Post
    So who do we release or trade to get Albies up?
    Kevin McAlpin (@KevinMcAlpin)
    2 mins ago - View on Twitter
    Ozzie Albies will remain in the Minors for now but "It won't be long until he's up here" said GM John Coppolella. #Braves @680_The_Fan

Don't know just yet...but he's coming..

So it begins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now it's time to resume watching games!

Well..... Most of you got your wish. I just hope this doesn't have a Heyward like back fire. I'm pulling for the kid, I just don't think his up and down season has earned it....... Id LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG and him start and Finnish on fire! So GO SWANSON!
    Last edited by SB75; 08-17-2016 at 05:53 AM.

Tons of guys hit better in the majors than they ever did in the minors, sounds like Hart felt he was ready regardless what the stats said. I doubt he will light the world on fire but I'd like him to be solid for the next 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Tons of guys hit better in the majors than they ever did in the minors, sounds like Hart felt he was ready regardless what the stats said. I doubt he will light the world on fire but I'd like him to be solid for the next 6 weeks.
    Just like tons of guys do worse, so that argument can be made either way. At the end of the day I trust Harts instincts over mines at this point(&#129300. However I personally would prefer the Freeman approach from this point forward, playing level by level and succeeding, considering what happened to Heyward and all his talent. I guess those that wanted him to come up from the get go will say the numbers don't tell the entire story and that is true. However it's be crazy to think his numbers justifying it.

Again I'm rooting fo Swanson to prove me wrong!

Swanson's numbers are certainly not overly impressive at AA, but I think some context may be worthwhile. Swanson had a stretch from May 27 - June 18 of 18 games were he was catastrophically bad.

.150/.267/.260 with 24 SO/6 BB in that 18 game stretch.

That stretch was about 25 games into his AA experience. I have no explanation for that awful stretch. Those games account for about 20% of his AA at bats. The other 80% of his AA at bats have yielded a drastically different result.

.292/.423/.446 with 47 SO/29 BB in his other 66 games.

Before the arguments start that removing 20% of bad ABs will make anybody look better (which is entirely true) I think we can all agree that Swanson had an extremely bad stretch in there for some unknown reason. I did not pick game-by-game, but rather a stretch where clearly Swanson was not producing anything like he has before or after that stretch of games. I think everyone goes through good and bad stretches. My point is that with so few AA ABs, Swanson's bad stretch has really skewed his numbers to look worse than he has otherwise produced. Looking at what he has done in the last 2 months since that stretch seems pretty telling.

.289/.421/.427 with 36 SO/19 BB in 41 games and twice as many ABs as that 18 game stretch.

My point is there is plenty to suggest that Swanson can produce at a reasonable level. In almost 500 minor league ABs Swanson has a .277/.367/.435 line with 98 SO/64 BB. His recent numbers at AA suggest that he has figured out whatever was an earlier issue at that level and has started producing at his normal level again.

Certainly it can be discussed whether calling Swanson up now with 375 PA in AA and no time in AAA is the right decision. But aside from an abysmal 18 game stretch, Swanson has produced as expected in the minors to this point.

If Swanson can come up and go .265/.340/.400 I think it was worth the call-up. It will give him a good 150 or so PA to start adjusting for next year, when he will open the season as the starting SS in ATL.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Just like tons of guys do worse, so that argument can be made either way. At the end of the day I trust Harts instincts over mines at this point(&#129300. However I personally would prefer the Freeman approach from this point forward, playing level by level and succeeding, considering what happened to Heyward and all his talent. I guess those that wanted him to come up from the get go will say the numbers don't tell the entire story and that is true. However it's be crazy to think his numbers justifying it.

Again I'm rooting fo Swanson to prove me wrong!
    I'm not sure what you are getting at. Heyward had an excellent rookie year. He struggled in his 2nd season but followed that up his 3rd year with probably his best season in the majors yet. He never lived up to the hype of the being the next super star but he was still a pretty good player in Atlanta. If Swanson is even half as good as Heyward was at 22 years old I'll be pretty happy.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Yea Heyward just failed to adjust to the league as alot of guys do.

J-hey is still an all-star (well maybe not this year) and his defense is still the best. It's time to come to the realization that he is not that superstar that he was suppose/hyped up to be. Still a damn good valuable player but not a superstar. And it's not because he was called up early. As stated, it was simply because he couldn't adjust.

If you want to get more specific, it's because he goes through consistent stretches where hitting a fastball is a foreign concept to him. This season has been an ordeal for him with that.

Swanson will be hitting 8th tonight.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast