Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    For sure would have been better. I think theyíll just eat Roark and cut ties. At least I hope. If they add another Ryu then this rotation has some life.

I was wrong about ryu, I didnít think he would be this good. But damn was I right about Roark. I never saw the upside of that signing. Best case scenario he is taking innings away from someone with upside.

Money people (corporations, financing companies etc) hate front loaded contracts because they believe if the money is invested properly they can basically earn that last year in interest before then. Thatís Et an acewhy the Mets are still paying so many retired players.
    As I said at the time Signing Ryu was probably Shapkins best move. Much like Dickey when he was acquired when you have a chance to get an ace you do it. It sends a message to your players that youíre serious And that you believe in them. Itís no mistake that even with some obvious holes on the roster this team is still having itís best season in years. And thatís true even with Pearson again hurt and Vladdy underperforming. Players are human they react to positive reinforcement. And knowing you have an Ace to stop a losing skid when needed helps
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 09-19-2020 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    -so ****ing annoying as usual.
    That's delicious coming from you.

Look, I didn't give a **** about your opinion before and I sure as hell don't now. Figure out how to use the ignore function, I'll do the same.

As for Roark, he's horrendous... I hated that signing at the time as well. I think at that stage they were literally just throwing **** at the wall and figuring out what sticks. Thing is, Roark hasn't been good in years, no reason to think he would be good now especially in the AL East.

I hope they cut back with all the bad pitching they acquired and maybe can fill those other holes in the rotation with someone who has a bit more upside. Tbh I don't think Roark will be even on the post season rotation (assuming we get there)Ö at least he shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    As I said at the time Signing Ryu was probably Shapkins best move. Much like Dickey when he was acquired when you have a chance to get an ace you do it. It sends a message to your players that youíre serious And that you believe in them. Itís no mistake that even with some obvious holes on the roster this team is still having itís best season in years. And thatís true even with Pearson again hurt and Vladdy underperforming. Players are human they react to positive reinforcement. And knowing you have an Ace to stop a losing skid when needed helps
    I agree. The Dickey trade was probably the best trade in Jays history.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Someone reputable? How about the inventor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Sh...20the%20future.

The link that I posted is directly linked from the LOB% definition on Fangraphs. It's an old stat, Fangraphs took that stat and modified it and came up with their own version and named it LOB%. It's clearly stated in my post
    We will have to agree to disagree. When I Google Strand Rate, every time it refers to LOB% with strand rate in parentheses. I'm not doubting your angle, I just don't think anyone uses it as you claim nowadays

It's crazy to think that Atkins traded Liriano for a player who's probably going to finish top 5 in AL MVP voting this season.

Hutch for Liriano, McGuire and Ramirez
    Liriano for Teoscar and Aoki

Ross Atkins was able to turn Hutch into immediate help for 2016 and once that immediate help fizzed out he traded him for Teoscar. These were trades made in years 1 and 2 of his tenure. Keep that in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819