Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 277 of 291 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 4359
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Unless literally everyone ignores him, that does nothing. Not to mention that you clearly aren't above engaging with mindless trolls in circular conversations that go nowhere. Yes, you hold back with FNK generally but he's far from the only poster who fits said description.
    Only to try and get others to see the truth.

I don't know who else works for a bigger company where they have large meetings but I heard something in one of mine that made be chuckle...

"We minimize overlap and repetition as I previously mentioned".
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I, too, have worked at companies where it seems like Yogi Berra writes the scripts...and some where it seems Yogi Bear resides in the break room.

I had one where the CEO said 'Our outside consulting firm has suggested we have too much redundancy in our management. I'll have a response once I finally hear back from all our managers.'
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I, too, have worked at companies where it seems like Yogi Berra writes the scripts...and some where it seems Yogi Bear resides in the break room.

I had one where the CEO said 'Our outside consulting firm has suggested we have too much redundancy in our management. I'll have a response once I finally hear back from all our managers.'
    I will say though that these meetings aren't entirely useless. They do give me the time to catch up on busy work that needs to get done but I can never find the time to do because I'm getting asked to do other things.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don't know who else works for a bigger company where they have large meetings but I heard something in one of mine that made be chuckle...

"We minimize overlap and repetition as I previously mentioned".
    God I hate meetings. The best part about virtual meetings is the mute button on my mic.

"If we can focus for the next 5 minutes we can get out of this quickly" then he proceeds to talk for 45 minutes TO GET THE MEETING STARTED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    God I hate meetings. The best part about virtual meetings is the mute button on my mic.

"If we can focus for the next 5 minutes we can get out of this quickly" then he proceeds to talk for 45 minutes TO GET THE MEETING STARTED!!
    Yep meetings are the absolute worst.
    _____

Years ago when I first moved back to my home state I ran an overnight shift at a production plant. My crew would start at 9pm so I'd be there about 8pm....worked 4 10s so my crew was done at 7 and I'd try to leave by 8am. For months they were expecting me to be at morning meetings, but set them up for 10am and acted surprised that I wasn't at them. They'd say 'it's only a couple more hours' and I'd say I'll come to meetings at 10am the same number of times they'd come to meetings at midnight. 'but we're in bed by then'....exactly. Finally convinced them to change to 8am (when they refused 7:30) but still couldn't get it thru their heads that I had no interest in spending the first half hour or so waiting for them all to straggle in, get their coffee and donuts, talk about what they did last night....and even when finally getting to actual business, only 5-10% of it made it pertinent for me to even be there.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Is it wrong that I found this funny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev373c7wSRg

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Is it wrong that I found this funny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev373c7wSRg
    Nah, just shows a really lame sense of humor.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just move to Wisconsin, you big leechy whiner.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

This week is the 75th anniversary of the nuclear bombing of Japan. Couldn't Truman just blitzkrieg (drop a bunch of regular bombs) those cities like the Germans did to London and still get a surrender? Then nobody would have died later from radiation poisoning. Somebody probably has a good answer to my question, but I was just wondering.

People are funny. I got booted from a vegetarian recipes page after commenting on someoneís post asking for feedback on their caprese salad (whole grape tomatoes, dried basil and hard mozzarella in a pool of balsamic vinaigrette) that it looked rough and was poorly constructed.

Iím glad people here can take some ****ing criticism lol.
    Last edited by debo; 08-08-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    This week is the 75th anniversary of the nuclear bombing of Japan. Couldn't Truman just blitzkrieg (drop a bunch of regular bombs) those cities like the Germans did to London and still get a surrender? Then nobody would have died later from radiation poisoning. Somebody probably has a good answer to my question, but I was just wondering.
    He probably could have not dropped it all and Japan would have surrendered when russia declared war. It's an old fun history talking point. Plenty of valid arguments both ways on the interweb, but a fun topic nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    People are funny. I got booted from a vegetarian recipes page after commenting on someoneís post asking for feedback on their caprese salad (whole grape tomatoes, dried basil and hard mozzarella in a pool of balsamic vinaigrette) that it looked rough and was poorly constructed.

Iím glad people here can take some ****ing criticism lol.
    Made some killer caprese this afternoon. Fun fact, zero point to it.