Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 243 of 271 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4065
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Steve's version of Little Wing is one of my favorite covers ever.
    Ditto. Little Wing is my favorite tune of all time to listen to and to play. The fact that he could make that kind of touch to a Hendrix song is incredible. Stevie Ray was the man. Even his MTV Unplugged kicked ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not a favorite of mine either, just struck me how good a couple of their albums were as albums.

My top 2 songs all time is Jimi doing Dylan's All Along the Watchtower followed by Stevie doing Jimi's Little Wing. But I really love songs from all over the map ... Metallica, Tool, RHCP, Public Enemy, Miles Davis, The Meters, The Minutemen, Stiff Little Fingers, and on and on and on.
    Suckers to the side I know ya hate my 98. Love PE. Havenít listened to them in ages.

That Rage mash up band with Chuck D was kinda fun to listen to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My older daughter actually wants to be a music teacher. She's the easier sell on music. Still I occasionally break out Pere Ubu Sentimental Journey if I want to mess with her. There is only so far she can go.

Other good choices to drive teen's away with music:
    Captain Beefheart
    The Shaggs
    Most Opera
    Most Free Jazz
    I go with Zappa to clear a room. Man was a musical genius but suuuuuch an acquired taste.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah my uncle saw them in the 70s and said it was amazing. My brother saw them with Dio which I never liked.

I saw Ozzy in 96 or 97.Korn opened and I was so bored we walked out to find someone to buy us beer. Ozzy without Zakk Wylde though. Canít remember who played but he was solid.

Sabbath was a few years ago in the first reunion tour. Perks of my job at the time...backstage and vip. Was so awesome. Zakk and Robert Trujillo hanging out back stage befor the show with a few other randoms. Was pretty surreal. Never saw any of Sabbath back there though. Sharon and the kids were super nice and fun.

I grew up with the big purple Black Sabbath anthology tablature book playing those songs over and over. Had a few drinks so Iím rambling now.
    Rambling about music is all good with me. Love Wylde but he'd be my third favorite Ozzy guitarist behind Iommi & Rhoads.

Ditto. Little Wing is my favorite tune of all time to listen to and to play. The fact that he could make that kind of touch to a Hendrix song is incredible. Stevie Ray was the man. Even his MTV Unplugged kicked ***.
    He's got an MTV Unplugged performance? Oh snap. Gotta peep that fosho.

I go with Zappa to clear a room. Man was a musical genius but suuuuuch an acquired taste.
    The Melvins are probably my go to clear the room band. Zappa 100% works as well.

Trout Mask Replica is what I play to bug them
    Haha. Yeah I can see that. My wife used to play "I'm glad" most every night when she got home from work. That leads into "electricity" at which point the kids would go bananas. So, their one really accessible song plus tons of plays got them acclimated.

Rambling about music is all good with me. Love Wylde but he'd be my third favorite Ozzy guitarist behind Iommi & Rhoads.
    Oh agreed but thatís some incredible competition. I love Wylde even with the over use of artificial harmonics lol.

Randy was insane. Mr Crowley alone.

I think itís just a few songs. No band just SRV. He does Pride and Joy on a 12 string and a few others. Makes it look easy.

Whoa apparently Satriani was there too. This is the first time Iíve seen the whole thing shared on YouTube which means itíll probably be taken down soon so check it while you can:

https://youtu.be/_Y1KCEQEkLY

It's a little strange. His soundcheck video is more impressive. I'm surrounded by Stevie stuff here in Austin.

Did you know Stevie's first recording was playing guitar in a folk recording for the guy who grew up to be Stephen Tobolowsky (Ned the Head from Groundhog Day) who later went on to write David Byrne of the Talking Head's directorial debut True Stories. So, there is a bunch of useless trivia for you.

Whoa apparently Satriani was there too. This is the first time Iíve seen the whole thing shared on YouTube which means itíll probably be taken down soon so check it while you can:

https://youtu.be/_Y1KCEQEkLY
    I knew Satriani taught guitar in Berkeley CA where I spent a lot of my youth, I didn't know until fairly recently that Steve Vai, Larry LaLonde (Primus), Kirk Hammett (Metallica), and Buckethead (GnR) were his students.

I knew Satriani taught guitar in Berkeley CA where I spent a lot of my youth, I didn't know until fairly recently that Steve Vai, Larry LaLonde (Primus), Kirk Hammett (Metallica), and Buckethead (GnR) were his students.
    I knew Kirk and Vai were. Vai also grew up with Zappa and his kids I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lead guitarist of my band in the late 80s was a student of Joe's.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Oh agreed but thatís some incredible competition. I love Wylde even with the over use of artificial harmonics lol.

Randy was insane. Mr Crowley alone.
    Yeah, I def don't have an issue with all the artificial harmonics Wylde uses. Saw him with Black Label Society doing a set of all Sabbath stuff around a year ago or so. Super good. He walked through the crowd with his guitar and was doing an extended solo for Into The Void on top of the bar for a good 5 minutes or so.

....and yeah, I almost specifically mentioned Mr. Crowley in my last Ozzy post. That solo was my crowning guitar achievement back when I was a young teenager.