Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 242 of 272 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4070
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Agreed. I canít imagine liking Rock and not listening to Pink Floyd.
    I can't listen to Michael Jackson or Bill Cosby the same anymore either. I just know too much about them as people to where it taints my appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, they are one of my absolute favorites up there with Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, and Smashing Pumpkins.
    All of those bands were actually pretty reasonable people except Pumpkins, but even Billy has said "I don't know how nobody beat the **** out of me back then I was such a total dick", so he got past it .

I spent a few years listening to full albums in order, and another band that put together some incredible albums top to bottom is Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    My older daughter actually wants to be a music teacher. She's the easier sell on music. Still I occasionally break out Pere Ubu Sentimental Journey if I want to mess with her. There is only so far she can go.

Other good choices to drive teen's away with music:
    Captain Beefheart
    The Shaggs
    Most Opera
    Most Free Jazz
    Lol. My kids love(d) Captain Beefheart. Safe as milk has always gotten a lot of play around our house.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Love all those. Sabbath is so damn good. I got to see the reunion tour and itís amazing how good they still sounded. Canít imagine what it was like when Bill ward was around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I went to their The End tour which was my first and only live Ozzy/Sabbath experience. No Ward which was disappointing but the band sounded good. What Ozzy lacked in vocal range/accuracy he made up for in energy.

Very jealous of people alive in the 60's/70's that got to see some of those bands I mentioned live; especially Floyd and Zep.

I can't listen to Michael Jackson or Bill Cosby the same anymore either. I just know too much about them as people to where it taints my appreciation.
    Lumping Pink Floyd in with these two is beyond laughable.

I went to their The End tour which was my first and only live Ozzy/Sabbath experience. No Ward which was disappointing but the band sounded good. What Ozzy lacked in vocal range/accuracy he made up for in energy.

Very jealous of people alive in the 60's/70's that got to see some of those bands I mentioned live; especially Floyd and Zep.
    Ozzy's always a good show

They were all pretty arrogant, it's just that they look better in comparison with Waters

And while the music is good it's just not good enough for me to get past what I learned about them. Like the Eagles ... apparently only Joe Walsh was a good guy.
    Obviously art is subjective but saying Floyd's music isn't "good enough" for you to look past what you know about them as people is just a bit bonkers.

I've never cared about the Eagles enough to look in to their personal histories but I def prefer Walsh solo stuff and the James Gang to the Eagles (who I'm not much of a fan of).

Bottom line for me: I don't really care what an entertainer is like in real life as long as their art is appealing to me.

All of those bands were actually pretty reasonable people except Pumpkins, but even Billy has said "I don't know how nobody beat the **** out of me back then I was such a total dick", so he got past it .

I spent a few years listening to full albums in order, and another band that put together some incredible albums top to bottom is Boston.
    Boston have some good songs but are far from a favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Lol. My kids love(d) Captain Beefheart. Safe as milk has always gotten a lot of play around our house.
    Trout Mask Replica is what I play to bug them

Lumping Pink Floyd in with these two is beyond laughable.
    Wasn't equating them, just comparing my reaction. I loved Michael's music and Cosby's comedy but I just can't listen to it anymore because I can't get my mind off of the stuff away from the mic. I watched a documentary on Floyd and that was it for me ... just can't listen without thinking about all that other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Ozzy's always a good show
    Ozzy is amazing. Don't know how he does it when it looks like he can't walk and talk when I see interviews.

Obviously art is subjective but saying Floyd's music isn't "good enough" for you to look past what you know about them as people is just a bit bonkers.

I've never cared about the Eagles enough to look in to their personal histories but I def prefer Walsh solo stuff and the James Gang to the Eagles (who I'm not much of a fan of).

Bottom line for me: I don't really care what an entertainer is like in real life as long as their art is appealing to me.
    "good enough" may have been the wrong phrase ... it's just that I can't get the other stuff out of my head when I hear the music.

I was never much of an Eagles fan either, just used them as an example.

I also have a problem listening to Fleetwood Mack, just can't get all the BS drama out of my head to really relax and enjoy the music. And I can't stand Stevie Nicks.

It's my problem not there problem. I've met a lot of bands over the years and the ones who are arrogant dicks I just have no time for. Metallica are awesome guys, Iggy Pop is amazing, Flea is super sweet, and on and on. I have had some similar experiences with athletes ... Jerry Rice in his 3rd year in the NFL was an arrogant prick and I couldn't stand him, a few years later he had time for fans and won me back

Boston have some good songs but are far from a favorite of mine.
    Not a favorite of mine either, just struck me how good a couple of their albums were as albums.

My top 2 songs all time is Jimi doing Dylan's All Along the Watchtower followed by Stevie doing Jimi's Little Wing. But I really love songs from all over the map ... Metallica, Tool, RHCP, Public Enemy, Miles Davis, The Meters, The Minutemen, Stiff Little Fingers, and on and on and on.

Steve's version of Little Wing is one of my favorite covers ever.

Yeah my uncle saw them in the 70s and said it was amazing. My brother saw them with Dio which I never liked.

I saw Ozzy in 96 or 97.Korn opened and I was so bored we walked out to find someone to buy us beer. Ozzy without Zakk Wylde though. Canít remember who played but he was solid.

Sabbath was a few years ago in the first reunion tour. Perks of my job at the time...backstage and vip. Was so awesome. Zakk and Robert Trujillo hanging out back stage befor the show with a few other randoms. Was pretty surreal. Never saw any of Sabbath back there though. Sharon and the kids were super nice and fun.

I grew up with the big purple Black Sabbath anthology tablature book playing those songs over and over. Had a few drinks so Iím rambling now.