Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 398 of 453 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 6787
  1. #5956
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20,362
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He did. You quoted my post but you donít appear to have read it.
    I read it. You just triggered the memory.

  2. #5957
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I read it. You just triggered the memory.
    Pun intended? Lol

  3. #5958
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The facility I work in pays aides about $15 and nurses between $24-30/hr. There are simply not enough people that are interested in doing this sort of work right now.
    In NYC, you actually get paid to take care of someone who can't physically take care of themselves. You could be a child, friend, etc., of that person. It is susceptible to abuse but I wouldn't trust the majority of aides to take care of the elderly. I just wish there were better programs to assist the elderly. Seems like senior centers should be more abundant in this country. Imagine if they could make medical facilities right next to a senior center as well... saves the trouble and reduces the costs significantly. It's something I would like to invest in for the future. An all-in-one resort for seniors, lol.

  4. #5959
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20,362
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Pun intended? Lol
    Oh man, totally unintentional. 😂

  5. #5960
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,104
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    In NYC, you actually get paid to take care of someone who can't physically take care of themselves. You could be a child, friend, etc., of that person. It is susceptible to abuse but I wouldn't trust the majority of aides to take care of the elderly. I just wish there were better programs to assist the elderly. Seems like senior centers should be more abundant in this country. Imagine if they could make medical facilities right next to a senior center as well... saves the trouble and reduces the costs significantly. It's something I would like to invest in for the future. An all-in-one resort for seniors, lol.
    No, you don't wish there were better programs to assist the elderly. lol That is one of the programs in the human infrastructure bill you are against.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  6. #5961
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,879
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    No, you don't wish there were better programs to assist the elderly. lol That is one of the programs in the human infrastructure bill you are against.
    Send a bill like that up as a stand-alone bill and it should pass.

  7. #5962
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,788
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Send a bill like that up as a stand-alone bill and it should pass.
    Iím not so sure it will.

  8. #5963
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,879
    At least people will be able to read the bill before they vote on it.
    Something this important does not belong in a huge bill.

  9. #5964
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,498
    Supermarkets haven't put Gatorade/Powerade on sale for the last three months or so. That crap would always be on sale for $0.49/$0.59 all the time, but now they are at $1.29 every damn week, by all major supermarket chains. Now I go to the discount chains like Big Lots and get them them for around $0.89-$0.99. Coke and Pepsi are just being greedy bastards.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  10. #5965
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,498
    I hate "shrinkflation" so much. When the pandemic began, Coke shrank their 32 oz. Powerade bottles to 28 oz. Also, over the last 20 years those "half gallon" containers of ice cream have gradually shrunk from 2.0 qt, to 1.75 qt, and finally to 1.5 qt. I honestly would rather pay a higher price for the same amount of product, than pay the same price for a smaller amount of product.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  11. #5966
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,869
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Supermarkets haven't put Gatorade/Powerade on sale for the last three months or so. That crap would always be on sale for $0.49/$0.59 all the time, but now they are at $1.29 every damn week, by all major supermarket chains. Now I go to the discount chains like Big Lots and get them them for around $0.89-$0.99. Coke and Pepsi are just being greedy bastards.
    Are you a hoarder?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #5967
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,104
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I hate "shrinkflation" so much. When the pandemic began, Coke shrank their 32 oz. Powerade bottles to 28 oz. Also, over the last 20 years those "half gallon" containers of ice cream have gradually shrunk from 2.0 qt, to 1.75 qt, and finally to 1.5 qt. I honestly would rather pay a higher price for the same amount of product, than pay the same price for a smaller amount of product.
    I have noticed that in can size for some of the items I buy as well as chips. Chocolate bars are about to be two dollars a bar with less weight than two one-dollar bars. Chips, forgetaboutit. It isn't just one of two items but over several different varieties.

    It is going to get tight in poorville if this keeps up. Heating bills are going to be a demon this year.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  13. #5968
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,104
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Are you a hoarder?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know about him, but my kid buys in bulk to save money at first, now he has gone full prepper mode on his small farm.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  14. #5969
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,788
    Heard a Hysterical joke on SNLís Weekend update.

    ďBiden has said he has not had time to visit the southern border, but his approval rating hasĒ

    Lol

  15. #5970
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,020
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Supermarkets haven't put Gatorade/Powerade on sale for the last three months or so. That crap would always be on sale for $0.49/$0.59 all the time, but now they are at $1.29 every damn week, by all major supermarket chains. Now I go to the discount chains like Big Lots and get them them for around $0.89-$0.99. Coke and Pepsi are just being greedy bastards.
    The Kirkland sports drinks are legit and cheap af.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •