Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 227 of 230 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3449
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    What a vicious attack! I hope you recover quickly.
    That's one weird mofo.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    US strike targeting Taliban commander causes civilian casualties
    https://aje.io/qnpem

These are the constant headlines that people shrug off and ignore, yet act surprised when they try to blow up our buildings.
    Remember when a few people said something along those lines after 9/11 and were publicly roasted for it?

Conflict seldom comes from nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Remember when a few people said something along those lines after 9/11 and were publicly roasted for it?

I remember the public sentiment was “they hate us for our freedom” and that night my grandmother (WWII Vet) said “well I guess the chickens came home to roost”.

I remember when 911 happened I initially thought it would make america more anti war in general, because I thought it would open people's eyes to the reality of how horrific war actually is for people to live through. What actually happens when bombs are dropped on neighborhoods.

That didnt really happen. Matter of fact opposite. I think media fundamentally changed after 911. The way people intook it as around the clock entertainment (not to mean enjoyable entertainment), everything seemed to have gotten more extreme slowly since then.

Even now cnn is OBVIOUS bias, just as much as fox. Back then it was a little diff
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Wow you’re so desperate to attack me that you’ve got to attack your own team. Yea that’s the official limit to me. You’re joining Special.
    Did I remember you saying you had family in Newfoundland? They got hammered with snow the last 4 to 5 days, to the tune of 125 - 150 cms.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I remember when 911 happened I initially thought it would make america more anti war in general, because I thought it would open people's eyes to the reality of how horrific war actually is for people to live through. What actually happens when bombs are dropped on neighborhoods.

That didnt really happen. Matter of fact opposite. I think media fundamentally changed after 911. The way people intook it as around the clock entertainment (not to mean enjoyable entertainment), everything seemed to have gotten more extreme slowly since then.

Even now cnn is OBVIOUS bias, just as much as fox. Back then it was a little diff
    I think 9/11 may have made the media swing more clear, but it had long since been a 24 hour "entertainment" system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Did I remember you saying you had family in Newfoundland? They got hammered with snow the last 4 to 5 days, to the tune of 125 - 150 cms.
    That is correct. My great aunt is up there with her family. They got about 7 feet (not sure what that is in cm) and high winds. She didn’t lose her power but her son did. He needs to get a generator this year.

Apparently Google Drive is down and that screaming sound you're hearing is every single small business owner who is freaking out and ripping their hair out.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Democrats gloating about John Bolton. Wow. Just wow. You win GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Democrats gloating about John Bolton. Wow. Just wow. You win GOP.

Is anyone out there saying Bolton is a great person or highly qualified for his job? Where are people saying good things about him with regard to his job? Democrats need to stop trying to defeat themselves so Republicans don’t have to bother trying.

They’re pointing out that Bolton was concerned about “nefarious” reasons Trump had. We’re using John ****ing Bolton as a source on what is nefarious?

I just don’t like how the Trump regime has moderates and Dems pining for the days of neocons.

Btw I’m not a fan of liberals defeating themselves either, but it’s becoming more and more clear that the DNC prefers a moderate position, not a liberal one. So maybe that party needs to align their own values and identity if they don’t want cannibalization. Accept that they have more interest in winning over moderates and let progressives break off to a party that better represents them.

Right now they have more concern for a few thousand undecideds than they do their base. Meanwhile the GOP fully embraces a hard right stance unapologetically and continues to win elections. Wishywashy moderates don’t work for the Dems.

You say you're not a fan of self defeating liberals and then post that nonsense about Bolton. There is NO ONE gloating about John Bolton. They are pointing out the damning things he's said and claimed about Trump related to Ukraine.

The DNC wants to get Democratic policies pushed forward. The Democratic voters voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and she resoundingly defeated Bernie Sanders in the metric that we use to measure the winners and losers as well as several other metrics that people think should matter such as popular vote.

If the progressives break off from the party and found their own, then they will have to be willing to own the unilateral control they hand directly to the Republican party. I hope that you will be willing to own the 8-1 or even 9-0 eventual majority on the Supreme Court that such a grave mistake would hand to the Republicans. If 70,000 Democrats in 3 key states could have put their pride behind them and plugged their nose, the Democrats would have a 6-3 majority on the Supreme Court right now rather than Republicans having their strong 5-4 majority. I'll forever blame these far left liberals for that decision they made in 2016.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Apparently Google Drive is down and that screaming sound you're hearing is every single small business owner who is freaking out and ripping their hair out.
    I love it when the big boys have a problem.

I love it when the big boys have a problem.
    People still use Google Drive?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!