Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 349 of 398 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 5970
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I nominate Spliff

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Saw this and enjoyed it. https://youtu.be/GaqUfHRRb5E

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...-move-79944976

I didn't know states had anti-boycott laws or that they directly invested in companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...-move-79944976

I didn't know states had anti-boycott laws or that they directly invested in companies.
    Imagine having a problem with boycotting areas that are occupied by a different country.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

If you have a Jewel Osco or I assume Alberston's...8 oz Pub Burgers are $1 each.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Honestly, the fact that this place is still banning people and curse words are still censored is incredible. This place used to be active as ****, and now... this may be your most active forum, I don't care about the NBA or NFL really, and it's pretty much the same 10 or so people in every thread. Even now, you seem more concerned about who will most effectively ban people from a place that already doesn't have people. The politics subreddit has 7.7 million people subscribed to it, and you can't get enough active people here to field a soccer team. I'm not saying you should be on the level of Reddit or anything, but my god. The newest thread in the forum currently has 523 replied, and only 12 people have more than 10 replies in it. 11 people have fewer than 5.

PSD as a whole was so concerned with tone policing and "quality discussion" that they've slowly choked the life out of the place, and to see you all still determined to stay the course and keep banning people is absurd.
    I'm with you. I think this politics forum in particular has long been fine with essentially little-to-no moderation. We're all adults. We interact with each other plenty. We know what we're signing up for when we log on. I think anyone getting banned for insults is silly at this point. I mean, if you go overboard, sure. I don't know. The only person I've narc'd on is the mollusk who is perma'd now... because he would post explicitly racist things. And honestly...even that...I don't know. He was around for a very long time and the forum thrived through it. He was active. An old man with nothing better to do. He'd turn my brain into mush every time I logged in, but that's half the fun.

And don't know why FNK is banned (I don't see it in the VotB), but free him!

When I was a mod way back in the day and this whole forum was thriving, I was a big proponent of "tone policing quality discussion". But things have changed. I think aside from handling the BIG no-no's, an unmoderated politics forum is great.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I'm with you. I think this politics forum in particular has long been fine with essentially little-to-no moderation. We're all adults. We interact with each other plenty. We know what we're signing up for when we log on. I think anyone getting banned for insults is silly at this point. I mean, if you go overboard, sure. I don't know. The only person I've narc'd on is the mollusk who is perma'd now... because he would post explicitly racist things. And honestly...even that...I don't know. He was around for a very long time and the forum thrived through it. He was active. An old man with nothing better to do. He'd turn my brain into mush every time I logged in, but that's half the fun.

And don't know why FNK is banned (I don't see it in the VotB), but free him!

When I was a mod way back in the day and this whole forum was thriving, I was a big proponent of "tone policing quality discussion". But things have changed. I think aside from handling the BIG no-no's, an unmoderated politics forum is great.
    FWIW I don't understand the censorship thing either, but the owners want it all family friendly. There is an option to make the politics area a special access area, THEN we could make it unmoderated. But there isn't much support for it.

Nobody is banned for insults directly. To get banned you have to work hard and long at it and ignore warning after warning after warning after warning.

And the "thriving" time was a time when social media wasn't nearly as strong as it is now. That's where most of the traffic went.

I believe it's the advertisers that ask for more family friendly
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

FWIW I don't understand the censorship thing either, but the owners want it all family friendly. There is an option to make the politics area a special access area, THEN we could make it unmoderated. But there isn't much support for it.

Nobody is banned for insults directly. To get banned you have to work hard and long at it and ignore warning after warning after warning after warning.

And the "thriving" time was a time when social media wasn't nearly as strong as it is now. That's where most of the traffic went.
    And what warnings would those be scoots?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    And what warnings would those be scoots?
    Are you suggesting you've never had a message suggesting you change your behavior before you had a ban?

Are you suggesting you've never had a message suggesting you change your behavior before you had a ban?
    According to my inbox, I received 1 a year ago for saying that DB was an *******. Speaking the trurh around here got me a warning. Lol. Howver, I certainly haven't received "warning after warning after warning after warning" before being banned.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I believe it's the advertisers that ask for more family friendly
    I didn't believe this line before, and I definitely don't now.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    According to my inbox, I received 1 a year ago for saying that DB was an *******. Speaking the trurh around here got me a warning. Lol. Howver, I certainly haven't received "warning after warning after warning after warning" before being banned.
    You know that all those past infractions where you got points were warnings right? The first infraction generally doesn't include a ban, nor does the 2nd. Eventually you get a very short ban. Then you keep getting longer and longer bans if you keep at it. All of those are warnings.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I didn't believe this line before, and I definitely don't now.
    Yeah, I doubt it's advertisers. But regardless the mods are asked.

So DBroncismo comes back from a ban, complains about not being warned, and then follows me to the NFL forum to personally attack me.

And he wonders why he keeps getting banned?