Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 323 of 351 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 5254
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The good news is the site just got better by addition through subtraction.

Back to relevant topics: good luck Brett! I don't recall you saying before all this happened. But what is your daughter studying? Or is she just doing the general courses before choosing?

When I was in college, I was choosing between business and economics. I really liked the economics classes but I didn't know what that would mean for a career so I was hesitant to choose it as a major. I ended up doing a business degree with a focus in IT systems and pursued economics as a minor.

But there are a lot of really good general classes that they had us take that were interesting and I got information out of. The public speaking communications course was very helpful.
    dbroncos78087 She's looking to be majoring in Forensic Science helping either in research or investigation.

We are going to being testing leaving my kids alone (Sophomore and Senior) for a couple of days at a time to see how things go. Won't be going very far, but it's a good thing to try and see how things go.

I know who we are. We are very, very, very over-protective parents. And without details, my kids have needs, but really we need to find out in some way if they can "live" without us. So I am going to date my wife some
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    dbroncos78087 She's looking to be majoring in Forensic Science helping either in research or investigation.

We are going to being testing leaving my kids alone (Sophomore and Senior) for a couple of days at a time to see how things go. Won't be going very far, but it's a good thing to try and see how things go.

I know who we are. We are very, very, very over-protective parents. And without details, my kids have needs, but really we need to find out in some way if they can "live" without us. So I am going to date my wife some
    Thatís an interesting career path. Good way to make the world a better and safer place. One thing that I canít recommend strongly enough is to encourage them to take advantage of study abroad programs. Itís such a world changing thing. Seeing the world from an outsider perspective makes you really think about how the world works and broadens your horizon. My school had a strong program and I did one during my undergrad and another during my masters program.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Thatís an interesting career path. Good way to make the world a better and safer place. One thing that I canít recommend strongly enough is to encourage them to take advantage of study abroad programs. Itís such a world changing thing. Seeing the world from an outsider perspective makes you really think about how the world works and broadens your horizon. My school had a strong program and I did one during my undergrad and another during my masters program.
    My girls won't be able to for reasons briefly mentioned, but when they are out on their own, I am hoping they take at least one missions trip. I took one to Sri Lanka and like you indicated, changes your entire outlook on the world. It did for me at least.

My girls won't be able to for reasons briefly mentioned, but when they are out on their own, I am hoping they take at least one missions trip. I took one to Sri Lanka and like you indicated, changes your entire outlook on the world. It did for me at least.
    I strongly recommend it to everyone whenever the topic of school and college comes up. It really makes you reconsider how the world is and it works.

We need to make life cheaper for people who don't have much money ... so NYC decides the way to do that is to charge people money to drive in the city while the rich people just live in the city and save that money.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...jgi-story.html

Meanwhile the subway is stagnant, dirty, and dangerous, public transit is bad, and the city fights against electric bikes and scooters.

John Cena is back fellas!

So the NFL is basically forcing players to get vaccinated? Players who get Covid are not going to get paid?

Hilarious!

New York Yankees players and coaches who have gotten the vaccine still got CovidÖ..

The NFL is a joke if this is true.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So the NFL is basically forcing players to get vaccinated? Players who get Covid are not going to get paid?

Hilarious!

New York Yankees players and coaches who have gotten the vaccine still got CovidÖ..

The NFL is a joke if this is true.
    People who know that a vaccine doesn't mean you don't get a disease would not be surprised up about this at all. I would keep the word joke out of your mouth...LOL
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

95% efficacy = 5% 'non-efficacy'
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I'm definitely NOT an overprotective parent, but I knew years ago that my girls (junior and freshman) could handle a few days alone together at home years ago. My younger one I'd have more concerns for but the older one is absolutely no issue with that. My concerns would be more that they might kill each other from being annoying with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm definitely NOT an overprotective parent, but I knew years ago that my girls (junior and freshman) could handle a few days alone together at home years ago. My younger one I'd have more concerns for but the older one is absolutely no issue with that. My concerns would be more that they might kill each other from being annoying with each other.
    That's what most parents are concerned with. It's the way it should be, however not all families are like that. And really that is ok. It's challenging but sometimes it's the challenge that makes the end worth all the more.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    95% efficacy = 5% 'non-efficacy'
    Airbags: Airbags are designed to inflate in moderate to severe frontal crashes. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the federal government has required auto manufacturers to install driver and passenger airbags for frontal protection in all cars since the 1999 model year. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says that frontal airbags saved the lives of 2,790 occupants age 13 and older in 2017. Airbags, combined with seatbelts, are the most effective safety protection available for passenger vehicles. Seatbelts alone reduce the risk of fatal injury to front-seat passenger car occupants by 45 percent. The fatality-reducing effectiveness for frontal airbags is 14 percent when no seatbelt is used and 11 percent when a seatbelt is used in conjunction with airbags.

Seatbelts: Among passenger vehicle occupants age five and older, seatbelts saved an estimated 14,955 lives in 2017. In fatal crashes in 2017, about 83 percent of passenger vehicle occupants who were totally ejected from the vehicle were killed. NHTSA says that when used seat belts reduce the risk of fatal injury to front seat passenger car occupants by 45 percent and the risk of moderate-to-critical injury by 50 percent. For light truck occupants, the risk is reduced by 60 percent and 65 percent, respectively.
    Source III.org

Now do airbags and seatbelts...
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Good entry into todayís comics. Reminds me of most threads here in the politics forum.

Heard a stat on the radio that seems incredible ... if the US government confiscated 100% of the wealth of all of the US billionaires it would pay for less than 6 months of government spending.

Sort of puts in perspective how much our government has grown and how far the value of money has fallen.

Our whole system is so broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Heard a stat on the radio that seems incredible ... if the US government confiscated 100% of the wealth of all of the US billionaires it would pay for less than 6 months of government spending.

Sort of puts in perspective how much our government has grown and how far the value of money has fallen.

Our whole system is so broken.
    If you heard it on the radio and it seems ďincredibleĒ you should be skeptical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.