Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 239 of 272 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4070
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Levity my man. Levity.
    That one just misses me. I saw a woman screaming "just a bundle of cells" while attacking some pro-life people. It just seems like that issue, like guns, have been pushed so hard they are more like religion to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That one just misses me. I saw a woman screaming "just a bundle of cells" while attacking some pro-life people. It just seems like that issue, like guns, have been pushed so hard they are more like religion to people.
    Putting aside whatever our feelings are on the topic itself, yes. Itís a wedge issue. Politicians loooooove wedge issues. Issues so big, long standing and perfectly split across the population (from a political election perspective that is, not popular opinion overall) that they can constantly leverage it during political seasons to fire up their base and get donations and votes.

The same wedge issues for decades.

Side note, I was listening to a GOP strategist who said the crazy thing about how bad Trump is, is that the Dems donít realize that if they just ran an anti abortion or even partially against abortion candidate, they could upend the entire GOP and win easily right now.

Itís kinda true. Even the pro choice progressives who would abandon the Dem candidate would be minimal compared to the disgruntled moderates and traditional republicans who would vote for a anti abortion Biden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting aside whatever our feelings are on the topic itself, yes. Itís a wedge issue. Politicians loooooove wedge issues. Issues so big, long standing and perfectly split across the population (from a political election perspective that is, not popular opinion overall) that they can constantly leverage it during political seasons to fire up their base and get donations and votes.

Side note, I was listening to a GOP strategist who said the crazy thing about how bad Trump is, is that the Dems donít realize that if they just ran an anti abortion or even partially against abortion candidate, they could upend the entire GOP and win easily right now.

Itís kinda true. Even the pro choice progressives who would abandon the Dem candidate would be minimal compared to the disgruntled moderates and traditional republicans who would vote for a anti abortion Biden.
    And instead we have Klobuchar being called out as a bad Dem for suggesting there was room in the party for pro-life people.

And instead we have Klobuchar being called out as a bad Dem for suggesting there was room in the party for pro-life people.
    I mean Iím split here. Thereís the issue of taking a genuine stance on certain values to build a respectable party platform....and then thereís the reality of political strategy. GOP seems to have to problem in taking firm unapologetic stances on every issue. Dems pull this Wishywashy crap and have no actual party platform.

GOP is black and white, yes or no on every topic. Dems are ďit dependsĒ on everything.

I mean Iím split here. Thereís the issue of taking a genuine stance on certain values to build a respectable party platform....and then thereís the reality of political strategy. GOP seems to have to problem in taking firm unapologetic stances on every issue. Dems pull this Wishywashy crap and have no actual party platform.

GOP is black and white, yes or no on every topic. Dems are ďit dependsĒ on everything.
    The GOP seems, to me, to actually talk about their differences in advance, but when it comes to the public face they are all together. I've heard several republicans over the years talk about parts of GOP bills or other party members that they disagree with but support anyhow. It's not that they all think the same, just that they realize division hurts the whole party and they all certainly prefer a GOP lead result over a Dem lead one.

Meanwhile the Dems argue about who is left enough and who isn't
    Last edited by Scoots; 04-03-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Corona beer is ending its operations due to the coronavirus.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/busin...ion/index.html

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/polit...bay/index.html
    This family is cursed....with doing reckless things I suppose.

It's really sad and lame how dumb the average person is. I see people on Facebook posting BS like this and then getting all sorts of likes and positive comments.

I'm all for questioning things but my goodness.

So Justin Amash would destroy US politics as we know it?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's really sad and lame how dumb the average person is. I see people on Facebook posting BS like this and then getting all sorts of likes and positive comments.

I'm all for questioning things but my goodness.
    These are the same people who donít obey evacuation orders during a hurricane and then drain our emergency resources when they need rescuing.

So now desperately needed hospital beds, ventilators, doctors and nurses, masks, etc are being used on people who donít deserve it.

Letís just seize the opportunity to look the other way and increase the collective IQ of the American Gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    So Justin Amash would destroy US politics as we know it?
    If he could inspire likeminded following.

These are the same people who donít obey evacuation orders during a hurricane and then drain our emergency resources when they need rescuing.

So now desperately needed hospital beds, ventilators, doctors and nurses, masks, etc are being used on people who donít deserve it.

Letís just seize the opportunity to look the other way and increase the collective IQ of the American Gene pool.
    Like Louis CK said. If everyone just looks the other way for a year or so all the nut allergies will be gone.

Like Louis CK said. If everyone just looks the other way for a year or so all the nut allergies will be gone.
    Haha thatís exactly the quote I had in mind.

Of course not though. Of course.........but mayyyyybe.

If he could inspire likeminded following.

Heís about as exciting as a saltine.

If he wasnít raised in West Michigan with crazy anti-abortion views, Iíd be all over him.