Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 287 of 292 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4369
  1. #4291
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    27,584
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Damn it's going to be a slow Friday for me. I don't know who else here (I seem to recall someone else does) works in IT, but we just got an announcement that there are to be no changes (aka a change freeze) implemented for the time being. So even previously approved changes are on hold.

    Sounds like this happens when someone made a mistake on one of theirs. We're a pretty big company so this change freeze affects a lot of people.
    We've been doing change freezes a few different times during covid, more specifically when everyone moved to work from home. We had conference overseas last week, same ****.


    Getting a change approved at our company is a nightmare too so slowing it down any more really ****ing sucks.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  2. #4292
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    94,146
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    We've been doing change freezes a few different times during covid, more specifically when everyone moved to work from home. We had conference overseas last week, same ****.


    Getting a change approved at our company is a nightmare too so slowing it down any more really ****ing sucks.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    That hasnít really affected us despite it being a large health care company. This was very specific and hasnít been a restriction weíve had before.
    _____

    This made me laugh because heís a sitting senator.


  3. #4293
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,078
    couple more since.....now, some of this is just someone telling him abbreviations are OK, but...

    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #4294
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,090
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    couple more since.....now, some of this is just someone telling him abbreviations are OK, but...

    Is it a deer or a pidgeon?

  5. #4295
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,078
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Is it a deer or a pidgeon?
    I don no wut his deer comment is abt

    the guy needs help, though
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #4296
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    94,146
    I hope heís ok.

  7. #4297
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    11,272
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Is it a deer or a pidgeon?
    I think you mean pidgin

  8. #4298
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I think you mean pidgin
    yes deer
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #4299
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,078
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I hope heís ok.
    The pidgin? Dead
    The deer? Dead

    The senator? Not dead

    I don't know why, but reminds me of a line from the movie Due Date.
    Zach Galafinakis is carrying the cremated remains of his father in a coffee can. After a while, his curiosity gets the best of him so Robert Downey Jr asks him, "Why do you have your father in a coffee can?" Zach's dead pan answer, "Because he's dead"
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  10. #4300
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    94,146
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The pidgin? Dead
    The deer? Dead

    The senator? Not dead

    I don't know why, but reminds me of a line from the movie Due Date.
    Zach Galafinakis is carrying the cremated remains of his father in a coffee can. After a while, his curiosity gets the best of him so Robert Downey Jr asks him, "Why do you have your father in a coffee can?" Zach's dead pan answer, "Because he's dead"
    LOL
    ___

    Unrelated, but sometimes I hate Active Directory. When you're trying to chase down an account lockout and it provides you absolutely no useful information to see where the lockout is coming from. Same with Windows Event View on the Domain Controller. No useful information to help the user.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  11. #4301
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    27,584
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    LOL
    ___

    Unrelated, but sometimes I hate Active Directory. When you're trying to chase down an account lockout and it provides you absolutely no useful information to see where the lockout is coming from. Same with Windows Event View on the Domain Controller. No useful information to help the user.
    Feels like you're going on a wild goose chase when someone's account repeatedly locks up.

    What I hate is the rsat tools being split up into a bunch of separate things now rather than the one installer.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  12. #4302
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,380
    Highly recommend Social Dilemma on Netflix.

    One of the more important documentaries we all need to see. Right up there with the Snowden doc, but more impactful personally.

    I deleted Facebook a year ago and Twitter months ago. This doc sealed the deal on never going back. Definitely need to work on my phone addiction.

  13. #4303
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    94,146
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Feels like you're going on a wild goose chase when someone's account repeatedly locks up.

    What I hate is the rsat tools being split up into a bunch of separate things now rather than the one installer.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    The good thing is the user seems perfectly happy to use an unlock tool that we've got. Since this isn't our primary domain, it's not nearly as impactful. But it pisses me off that I can't figure out the problem.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  14. #4304
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,405
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Highly recommend Social Dilemma on Netflix.

    One of the more important documentaries we all need to see. Right up there with the Snowden doc, but more impactful personally.

    I deleted Facebook a year ago and Twitter months ago. This doc sealed the deal on never going back. Definitely need to work on my phone addiction.
    I deleted facebook long ago and twitter too, Instagram for me is passive. The only social media I go on is Reddit which seems far less poisonous. But I never had that addiction issue with any of them. I do watch too much youtube.

  15. #4305
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    27,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I deleted facebook long ago and twitter too, Instagram for me is passive. The only social media I go on is Reddit which seems far less poisonous. But I never had that addiction issue with any of them. I do watch too much youtube.
    Deleted Facebook about 5 months ago. Loving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The good thing is the user seems perfectly happy to use an unlock tool that we've got. Since this isn't our primary domain, it's not nearly as impactful. But it pisses me off that I can't figure out the problem.
    Thats incredibly frustrating - agreed!

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •