Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 287 of 292 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4369
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Damn it's going to be a slow Friday for me. I don't know who else here (I seem to recall someone else does) works in IT, but we just got an announcement that there are to be no changes (aka a change freeze) implemented for the time being. So even previously approved changes are on hold.

Sounds like this happens when someone made a mistake on one of theirs. We're a pretty big company so this change freeze affects a lot of people.
    We've been doing change freezes a few different times during covid, more specifically when everyone moved to work from home. We had conference overseas last week, same ****.

Getting a change approved at our company is a nightmare too so slowing it down any more really ****ing sucks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    We've been doing change freezes a few different times during covid, more specifically when everyone moved to work from home. We had conference overseas last week, same ****.

Getting a change approved at our company is a nightmare too so slowing it down any more really ****ing sucks.

That hasnít really affected us despite it being a large health care company. This was very specific and hasnít been a restriction weíve had before.
    _____

This made me laugh because heís a sitting senator.

couple more since.....now, some of this is just someone telling him abbreviations are OK, but...

gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    couple more since.....now, some of this is just someone telling him abbreviations are OK, but...

Is it a deer or a pidgeon?

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I don no wut his deer comment is abt

the guy needs help, though

I hope heís ok.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I think you mean pidgin

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I think you mean pidgin
    yes deer

I hope heís ok.
    The pidgin? Dead
    The deer? Dead

The senator? Not dead

I don't know why, but reminds me of a line from the movie Due Date.
    Zach Galafinakis is carrying the cremated remains of his father in a coffee can. After a while, his curiosity gets the best of him so Robert Downey Jr asks him, "Why do you have your father in a coffee can?" Zach's dead pan answer, "Because he's dead"

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The pidgin? Dead
    The deer? Dead

The senator? Not dead

I don't know why, but reminds me of a line from the movie Due Date.
    Zach Galafinakis is carrying the cremated remains of his father in a coffee can. After a while, his curiosity gets the best of him so Robert Downey Jr asks him, "Why do you have your father in a coffee can?" Zach's dead pan answer, "Because he's dead"
    LOL
    ___

Unrelated, but sometimes I hate Active Directory. When you're trying to chase down an account lockout and it provides you absolutely no useful information to see where the lockout is coming from. Same with Windows Event View on the Domain Controller. No useful information to help the user.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

LOL
    ___

Unrelated, but sometimes I hate Active Directory. When you're trying to chase down an account lockout and it provides you absolutely no useful information to see where the lockout is coming from. Same with Windows Event View on the Domain Controller. No useful information to help the user.
    Feels like you're going on a wild goose chase when someone's account repeatedly locks up.

What I hate is the rsat tools being split up into a bunch of separate things now rather than the one installer.

Click here to register!

Highly recommend Social Dilemma on Netflix.

One of the more important documentaries we all need to see. Right up there with the Snowden doc, but more impactful personally.

I deleted Facebook a year ago and Twitter months ago. This doc sealed the deal on never going back. Definitely need to work on my phone addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Feels like you're going on a wild goose chase when someone's account repeatedly locks up.

What I hate is the rsat tools being split up into a bunch of separate things now rather than the one installer.

The good thing is the user seems perfectly happy to use an unlock tool that we've got. Since this isn't our primary domain, it's not nearly as impactful. But it pisses me off that I can't figure out the problem.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Highly recommend Social Dilemma on Netflix.

One of the more important documentaries we all need to see. Right up there with the Snowden doc, but more impactful personally.

I deleted Facebook a year ago and Twitter months ago. This doc sealed the deal on never going back. Definitely need to work on my phone addiction.
    I deleted facebook long ago and twitter too, Instagram for me is passive. The only social media I go on is Reddit which seems far less poisonous. But I never had that addiction issue with any of them. I do watch too much youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I deleted facebook long ago and twitter too, Instagram for me is passive. The only social media I go on is Reddit which seems far less poisonous. But I never had that addiction issue with any of them. I do watch too much youtube.
    Deleted Facebook about 5 months ago. Loving it.
    The good thing is the user seems perfectly happy to use an unlock tool that we've got. Since this isn't our primary domain, it's not nearly as impactful. But it pisses me off that I can't figure out the problem.
    Thats incredibly frustrating - agreed!

Click here to register!