Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 304 of 316 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 4732
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Thatís odd, mine works from Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A force stop and clear cache has it working aight again....for now.

Nope. Still working way crappily. Contacted Tapatalk and got this response back:

One more thing for the higher ups of PSD to completely ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Nope. Still working way crappily. Contacted Tapatalk and got this response back:

One more thing for the higher ups of PSD to completely ignore!
    [img]https://miro.medium.com/max/1024/1*tBOLtsAKAn65rq0bk3XtZw.png[/img]

I think it's not working because of the *
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

One thing about Bernie I will always respect is that he's honest. I disagree with the majority of his stances but I'll take the honest politician over lying scums such as Nancy any day of the calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    One thing about Bernie I will always respect is that he's honest. I disagree with the majority of his stances but I'll take the honest politician over lying scums such as Nancy any day of the calendar.
    Bernie is a rare animal in congress indeed. I think the honesty or the consistent moral code is more valuable than agreeing with him. I think AOC is similarly principled. And Amash seems consistent as well.

Politicians wonder why they are not trusted and why people resist the government in general, but today I learned that Honeywell shared technical drawings on fighters and bombers with the PRC and were fined $13M and didn't lose their government contracts while they still seek extradition of Julian Assange who is facing dozens of charges and 175 years in prison.

$13M is basically a cup of coffee to Honeywell. The government consistently fails to punish companies in a meaningful way while happily punishing people they disagree with to the maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Politicians wonder why they are not trusted and why people resist the government in general, but today I learned that Honeywell shared technical drawings on fighters and bombers with the PRC and were fined $13M and didn't lose their government contracts while they still seek extradition of Julian Assange who is facing dozens of charges and 175 years in prison.

$13M is basically a cup of coffee to Honeywell. The government consistently fails to punish companies in a meaningful way while happily punishing people they disagree with to the maximum.
    Why do you expect anything less in a system bought by those same companies?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why do you expect anything less in a system bought by those same companies?
    I don't ... I think the government is corrupt.

I don't ... I think the government is corrupt.
    Yeah, which is why expanding it constantly with new programs is just a joke. It's just another way to funnel money back into the government where the very few decide what's best for the wide majority. If a company ran themselves like the government did, they wouldn't exist for very long. It's crazy the government freely and explicitly work alongside the wealthy but pushes fake drama to try and convince people they are on our side. I have no issues with paying taxes. Half my income goes towards taxes, sadly. The issue I have is when that money I pay goes towards absolute trash programs where the educational system is horrific in NYC and last year, I paid $9500 in property taxes and a huge pothole was in my street for over a month. I could hire someone and have it patched within a few hours so why do I need to be paying the government when it takes them over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Yeah, which is why expanding it constantly with new programs is just a joke. It's just another way to funnel money back into the government where the very few decide what's best for the wide majority. If a company ran themselves like the government did, they wouldn't exist for very long. It's crazy the government freely and explicitly work alongside the wealthy but pushes fake drama to try and convince people they are on our side. I have no issues with paying taxes. Half my income goes towards taxes, sadly. The issue I have is when that money I pay goes towards absolute trash programs where the educational system is horrific in NYC and last year, I paid $9500 in property taxes and a huge pothole was in my street for over a month. I could hire someone and have it patched within a few hours so why do I need to be paying the government when it takes them over a month.
    There is more corruption in big business than there is in the Government.

The market stops all of that. Itís like the Big Boss Man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Doesn't make the government better for it though. That is a literal but what about.

It's a vicious circle where the government fails to do their job in anti-trust which concentrates more money and encourages that huge corporation to keep funneling more money into government legal bribes to keep them from doing their jobs.

How would you fix it?

Doesn't make the government better for it though. That is a literal but what about.

It's a vicious circle where the government fails to do their job in anti-trust which concentrates more money and encourages that huge corporation to keep funneling more money into government legal bribes to keep them from doing their jobs.

How would you fix it?
    It is not what about to point out corporations have more corruption in response to conservatives saying corporations should handle things because of corruption in government.

How would I fix it? Thatís a tough question and thereís a lot that goes into it. I know it wonít be fixed by giving corporations a pass for their part in the vicious cycle.

It is not what about to point out corporations have more corruption in response to conservatives saying corporations should handle things because of corruption in government.

How would I fix it? Thatís a tough question and thereís a lot that goes into it. I know it wonít be fixed by giving corporations a pass for their part in the vicious cycle.
    We weren't talking about corporations handling things were we?

I don't have the ability to give corporations a pass or to punish them. You know who does? Government. And it turns out we can have a direct (if small) impact on government with our vote. We can also, of course, have an even smaller impact on corporations by minimizing how much of our money goes to them ... but there isn't much messaging there so the impact in getting specific behaviors changed is muted significantly.
    Last edited by Scoots; 05-07-2021 at 03:49 PM.

We weren't talking about corporations handling things were we?

I don't have the ability to give corporations a pass or to punish them. You know who does? Government. And it turns out we can have a direct (if small) impact on government with our vote. We can also, of course, have an even smaller impact on corporations by minimizing how much of our money goes to them ... but there isn't much messaging there so the impact in getting specific behaviors changed is muted significantly.
    First Bolded: Re-read Ocean Spray's post, that is quite literally what he was talking about.

Second Bolded: I don't have the ability to punish the China, but I still hold them responsible for what they're doing to the Uyghurs...

You can hold someone responsible for their part in bad actions despite not having the ability to do anything about it.