Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 488 of 568 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498538 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 8512
    That **** has infected the UFC, too.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    That **** has infected the UFC, too.
    I just can’t get into the UFC. I feel like you either love boxing or MMA and the opposite doesn’t appeal to you.

Hard pass on both, thank you.

Had to chuckle at this........cop completing Door Dash delivery
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SouthDakota..._in_tea_south/
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Had to chuckle at this........cop completing Door Dash delivery
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SouthDakota..._in_tea_south/
    More of this officer and less Derek Chauvins. Nature is healing!
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

None of these mean we have to overlook everything for the rest of time, though. There's a reason the MVP is no longer called the Kenesaw Mountain Landis Award. There's a reason the ROY is called the Jackie Robinson Award. Baseball doesn't have to be bound by past mistakes.

Rose agreed to the ban to stop the investigation. Had the investigation continued and proof was found that he bet on games he played in, which is all but certain, then the result would've been a lifetime ban from baseball. Either way, he killed his chances at the HoF on his own. There's a reason the rule is posted in every Major League clubhouse.
    I'm aware of what Rose agreed to. MLB could easily rescind that ban if they wanted to and at this point, considering betting is literally everywhere, they probably should. I dont think the personal animosity is there between Rob and Pete as there was between Bud and Pete.

I would put Clemens and Bonds in. Their numbers are too good to leave out. Integrity has always been super subjective among the writers. Ortiz was in the Mitchell report as a known PED user and yet he gets in when other known or perceived steroid users aren't, only because writers love him.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm aware of what Rose agreed to. MLB could easily rescind that ban if they wanted to and at this point, considering betting is literally everywhere, they probably should. I dont think the personal animosity is there between Rob and Pete as there was between Bud and Pete.

I would put Clemens and Bonds in. Their numbers are too good to leave out. Integrity has always been super subjective among the writers. Ortiz was in the Mitchell report as a known PED user and yet he gets in when other known or perceived steroid users aren't, only because writers love him.
    It's everywhere outside of the players, but Rule 21 is still part of the rules of baseball and players will still be banned for life if they're caught doing it.

Shoeless Joe Jackson has a far better case for being reinstated and elected to the HoF than Rose ever will, I think.

Ortiz also didn't groom a 15 year old or beat and threaten partners. It helps to not be someone that should be in prison.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

It's everywhere outside of the players, but Rule 21 is still part of the rules of baseball and players will still be banned for life if they're caught doing it.

Shoeless Joe Jackson has a far better case for being reinstated and elected to the HoF than Rose ever will, I think.

Ortiz also didn't groom a 15 year old or beat and threaten partners. It helps to not be someone that should be in prison.
    I know from my interactions with you that you're a huge baseball fan so how does it look optically that the most talented player in a sport's history is not in their HOF? Btw, do you think Bond's personal life is the reason they keep out of the HOF? Let's be real here. We know why they keep him out. The PEDs, the fact that Bonds always treated the media like ****, and that hardly anyone liked him are the reasons why he has no plaque in Cooperstown.

That sounds crazy to me when you look at how great he was on the field.

Karl Malone got a 13 year old girl pregnant and he is in the basketball HOF. I understand these guys aren't great human beings, made some bad choices, broke rules, etc but we're not talking about borderline talents here.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-26-2022 at 09:08 PM.

Barry Bonds should be in the HOF and there’s no good argument he shouldn’t be. You put up stat after stat after stat and you look at his impact on the game and the outcome only goes one way using logic.

No doubt top three of all time and there's an excellent argument for him being the best player ever.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 01-26-2022 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No doubt top three of all time and there's an excellent argument for him being the best player ever.
    I don’t know there is an argument for any other player better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    As I have said, had he retired in 2000, he would have been elected to the Hall in 2005 with very few voters not voting for him. He was one of the finest ballplayers I ever saw play.

Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Barry Bonds should be in the HOF and there’s no good argument he shouldn’t be. You put up stat after stat after stat and you look at his impact on the game and the outcome only goes one way using logic.
    His stats aren’t legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    His stats aren’t legitimate.
    So he didn’t hit those baseballs? Did I imagine all that?