Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 495 of 574 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 8599
  1. #7411
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    104,488
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I'm going to take a financial accounting class this semester.
    I did not like accounting classes in college. I don't dispute that it was important but I just didn't like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

  2. #7412
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,998
    Are you talking like Accounting 101? an initial accounting class? shouldn't be a big struggle for most (tho I'm an accountant, so math is a strong suit)

    I still laugh, back in college, sitting in the first day of Managment Accounting. Professor walks in, asks 'who here has not completed Accounting 101?' Hands raise 'You can't be here, you have to take 101 first. Now who here has not completed Accounting 102?' More hands raise, 'You can't be here either, you have to take 102 first.' He then watches the last of them walk down the hallway away from the classroom and says, 'So, all of you have completed 101 and 102? Great! Forget everything you learned in Accounting 101 and 102.'
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #7413
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    104,488
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Are you talking like Accounting 101? an initial accounting class? shouldn't be a big struggle for most (tho I'm an accountant, so math is a strong suit)

    I still laugh, back in college, sitting in the first day of Managment Accounting. Professor walks in, asks 'who here has not completed Accounting 101?' Hands raise 'You can't be here, you have to take 101 first. Now who here has not completed Accounting 102?' More hands raise, 'You can't be here either, you have to take 102 first.' He then watches the last of them walk down the hallway away from the classroom and says, 'So, all of you have completed 101 and 102? Great! Forget everything you learned in Accounting 101 and 102.'
    I think Financial Accounting was 301 for me. We had to take Accounting 201, 202 and then 301. Each of the five business subjects you had to get to 301 and then you did 5-6 (I forget how many now) in your degree's focus. I did Operations Management.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

  4. #7414
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think Financial Accounting was 301 for me. We had to take Accounting 201, 202 and then 301. Each of the five business subjects you had to get to 301 and then you did 5-6 (I forget how many now) in your degree's focus. I did Operations Management.
    yeah, 300 and 400 level classes were certainlly...less fun
    schools had different names for them.....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  5. #7415
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    104,488
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    yeah, 300 and 400 level classes were certainlly...less fun
    schools had different names for them.....
    Yea I'm an IT guy. I did just fine in the courses but I hated them. I don't like accounting one bit and my top answer to an accounting question would be "hire an accountant".
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

  6. #7416
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea I'm an IT guy. I did just fine in the courses but I hated them. I don't like accounting one bit and my top answer to an accounting question would be "hire an accountant".
    I had no plans to become an accountant either, more of a business manager type....tho cost accounting and especially forensic accounting really piqued my interest...and I did a lot of forensic accounting at my last job (that Covid killed)

    Even as an accountant, it's annoying as hell when people say 'oh you're an accountant? wanna do my taxes?' Hell no, I don't wanna do your taxes. Do you want your obstetrician to do your appendectomy? That's not the type of accounting I do...or want to.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #7417
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    104,488
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I had no plans to become an accountant either, more of a business manager type....tho cost accounting and especially forensic accounting really piqued my interest...and I did a lot of forensic accounting at my last job (that Covid killed)

    Even as an accountant, it's annoying as hell when people say 'oh you're an accountant? wanna do my taxes?' Hell no, I don't wanna do your taxes. Do you want your obstetrician to do your appendectomy? That's not the type of accounting I do...or want to.
    LOL yep. I definitely know that taxes and accounting aren't the same thing so you wouldn't have to deal with that from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

  8. #7418
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,610
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think Financial Accounting was 301 for me. We had to take Accounting 201, 202 and then 301. Each of the five business subjects you had to get to 301 and then you did 5-6 (I forget how many now) in your degree's focus. I did Operations Management.
    There's significant overlap between Operations Management and Industrial Engineering.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  9. #7419
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,610
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Are you talking like Accounting 101? an initial accounting class? shouldn't be a big struggle for most (tho I'm an accountant, so math is a strong suit)

    I still laugh, back in college, sitting in the first day of Managment Accounting. Professor walks in, asks 'who here has not completed Accounting 101?' Hands raise 'You can't be here, you have to take 101 first. Now who here has not completed Accounting 102?' More hands raise, 'You can't be here either, you have to take 102 first.' He then watches the last of them walk down the hallway away from the classroom and says, 'So, all of you have completed 101 and 102? Great! Forget everything you learned in Accounting 101 and 102.'
    Yeah, the very first one. I happen to have a B.S. in applied math, but this will be my first exposure to accounting. I will follow it up with managerial the next semester. I will be taking them at my local community college. This particular school offers accounting courses up through Intermediate Accounting.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 01-28-2022 at 05:51 AM.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  10. #7420
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    22,076
    I had a teacher in college that told me, "All you need is math and a little air."

    There are three teachers that I will remember for the rest of my life. He was one of them. He made me want to do well in his class. He was awesome.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Angelique KerberMaria SakkariLeylah FernandezJasmine Paolini

    Saul "Canelo" AlvarezBianca Belair

  11. #7421
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I had a teacher in college that told me, "All you need is math and a little air." .
    Nice, though to be honest, I think I prefer “air and a little math.”

  12. #7422
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Yeah, the very first one. I happen to have a B.S. in applied math, but this will be my first exposure to accounting. I will follow it up with managerial the next semester. I will be taking them at my local community college. This particular school offers accounting courses up through Intermediate Accounting.
    just be sure you watch the prerequisites
    Beginning accounting won't be tough for you.
    And btw, the reason my instructor for managerial acctg said 'forget everything you learned in 101 and 102' was that, in managerial, you're not thinking about the numbers you're showing the outside world as much as you're looking at your own internal processes.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #7423
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    22,076
    Can one of you wrestling guys explain to me what the Universal Championship is? The title itself sounds like an attempt at one-upsmanship

    “I’m the heavyweight champion.”

    “Yea? Well I’m the world champion!”

    “Oh yea? Then I’m Universal champion!”

  14. #7424
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    22,076
    Tuned in for the women’s Rumble while at work and only got interrupted once.

    If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times. Bianca Belair is the most gorgeous woman on the planet and second place isn’t even close.

    I won’t spoil the finish, but I will say that I didn’t see it coming.

  15. #7425
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Tuned in for the women’s Rumble while at work and only got interrupted once.

    If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times. Bianca Belair is the most gorgeous woman on the planet and second place isn’t even close.

    I won’t spoil the finish, but I will say that I didn’t see it coming.
    There were rumors of it I heard earlier in the week. Was kind of a flat finish though. She didn't seem as over as she was previously.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •