Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 294 of 297 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 4450
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Fortunately I am not that old. So long as I can remember, smoking has been prohibited while flying. I remember thinking how ridiculous it was that "no smoking" was such a big part of our initial safety briefing considering I'd never seen a single flight that did allow smoking.
    It's a little strange when going places where smoking is more prevalent and not regulated, or places where literally drinking alcoholic beverages WHILE driving is legal.

Damn they just had the Undertaker retirement/30 year segment. Iíve said Iím a bit wrestling fan but this is truly rough. Dude is one of my absolute favorites. Thank you Taker!

I used to watch WWF all the time when I was in 5th and 6th grade (1994-1995). That's before I realized that it was all scripted baloney. But the Undertaker was my favorite too.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

I used to watch WWF all the time when I was in 5th and 6th grade (1994-1995). That's before I realized that it was all scripted baloney. But the Undertaker was my favorite too.
    I donít care if itís scripted. Itís always amusing to me when people raise that concern. Because they can buy into Star Wars or The Godfather even after finding out they werenít real.

Apparently Parler has been hacked. Curious to see what comes from this.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Apparently Parler has been hacked. Curious to see what comes from this.
    You mean a service partially owned by Dan Bongino wasn't secure?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Happy Thanksgiving All!

A weird one this year for sure but hopefully everyone can take a politics timeout for football and to eat, drink and be merry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holla if you want a clean HD link to the Tyson fight.

What's the difference between Australians and the Nazis?

The Nazis didn't demand an apology from Picasso for Guernica.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    What's the difference between Australians and the Nazis?

The Nazis didn't demand an apology from Picasso for Guernica.
    Is that a joke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Had a scary moment earlier today. I was driving home from my dentist appointment and one of the lenses on my glasses popped out while I was driving. Thankfully I didn't get into an accident and it didn't cause a pile up or anything.

I just happened to be about 5 minutes from my eye doctor. So I popped in and drove with one eye covered and they replaced the screw and they are working properly again. At first I tried having one eye closed but that made me feel dizzy. But covering the eye and leaving it open was pretty close to normal.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Had a scary moment earlier today. I was driving home from my dentist appointment and one of the lenses on my glasses popped out while I was driving. Thankfully I didn't get into an accident and it didn't cause a pile up or anything.

I just happened to be about 5 minutes from my eye doctor. So I popped in and drove with one eye covered and they replaced the screw and they are working properly again. At first I tried having one eye closed but that made me feel dizzy. But covering the eye and leaving it open was pretty close to normal.
    Lasik ftw.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Back in the early 90s I was in retail management and under heavy stress. On one particular day off I woke up to find my left eye was literally point like 30 degrees to the right from my right eye! I contacted an eye doctor, cut a piece of thin cardboard to cover my left eye, and had him check it out. He had no clue but thought it might be diabetes related so I went to an endocrinologist. While I'm diabetic now I wasn't then so he sent me to a neurologist, who in typical non-chalent doctor fashion started talking to me about things like tumors as calmly as he might in telling me I had a rash.

He sent me to have an MRI and while I waited for results I put on the eye patch he gave me and went to work, telling my staff 'well, you've always told me I should have my head examined, so I did!' Well it wasn't a tumor, it turned out a nerve had snapped...not an optic nerve, a muscle nerve, so it was like a tent stake pulling up- nothing to hold that eye from 'fading right'.

I had migraine level headaches that sometimes lasted entire days and was known as the pirate manager in my mall for months. Strangely enough, my father's health took a dive in that time frame and I ended up moving back to SD in the middle of this. Scary to think about it now, but I drove a fully loaded 28 ft Ryder truck pulling my car some 2,000 miles...wearing an eye patch, no depth perception.

It took near 10 months before the nerve endings regrew enough to pull my eye close enough together to stop wearing the patch. Still, the end result was enough scar tissue it never quite pulled all the way back, so officially (tho you can't tell looking at me) I'm 2 degrees crosseyed and have to wear prismed glasses. No more contacts, I WISH lasik would take care of things, and how I ended up going directly into office jobs where I spend much of my day looking at a computer screen...with this eye situation...I have no idea.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Yea I also have prism in my glasses and a pretty strong tint.