Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 565 of 583 FirstFirst ... 65465515555563564565566567575 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 8736
    Love Maslany but that looks lame af.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I’m pretty well Marvel/Super Hero’d out, but I am looking forward to Samaritan coming out later this year. It should offer a different sort of super hero film. And seeing Stallone on the big screen never gets old.
    Third party heroes are fun. I remember Will Smith’s Hancock was fun. It wasn’t bound by people arguing about canon and how things should be.

I'll take The Boys over most any of the current superhero movies and/or shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I never liked Indians as a name, but always dug the Chief Wahoo logo. Guardians is just terrible. Between the name and the bland uniforms, it’s just an all-around L for Cleveland baseball. Spiders was right there for the taking.
    That looked like an anorexic and drunk human being. If I was an Indian, I'd burn down that stadium.

...what?

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    That looked like an anorexic and drunk human being. If I was an Indian, I'd burn down that stadium.
    Why would someone from the Indian subcontinent 10,000 miles away want to burn a baseball stadium?

I'll be honest here, (actually, I am always honest here), but the team name "Redskins" never bothered me. However, O can see how it could be considered distasteful and given that we are in modern times, I agree that it should have been changed.

Cleveland Indians……no need to change that name and they should have left it alone. I can't see how that would be offensive. Same with other Indian named teams. I didn't mind Chief Nokahoma for the Braves when they had him. All part of the entertainment. Not offensive. Tomahawk Chop……annoying if you are a Mets fan but part of the entertainment.

Chief Wahoo logo……did not see the big deal about that. It was little more that a caricature. just like the silly Irish guy logo for the Celtics (that doesn't offend me and Im Irish) and every celebrity restaurant or deli that has caricatures of movie stars on the wall. It's all in fun. What's the big deal. The Cleveland Guardians is just idiotic.

Back to the "Reskins"……I seem to remember some talk about possible changing their name to the "Washington Redtails" and saw some potential logos that I liked. Some kind of an aviation theme. Don't know what happened to that but I liked it better than the "Commanders."

Basic point……if you are looking to be offended, you probably will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I'll be honest here, (actually, I am always honest here), but the team name "Redskins" never bothered me. However, O can see how it could be considered distasteful and given that we are in modern times, I agree that it should have been changed.

Cleveland Indians……no need to change that name and they should have left it alone. I can't see how that would be offensive. Same with other Indian named teams. I didn't mind Chief Nokahoma for the Braves when they had him. All part of the entertainment. Not offensive. Tomahawk Chop……annoying if you are a Mets fan but part of the entertainment.

Chief Wahoo logo……did not see the big deal about that. It was little more that a caricature. just like the silly Irish guy logo for the Celtics (that doesn't offend me and Im Irish) and every celebrity restaurant or deli that has caricatures of movie stars on the wall. It's all in fun. What's the big deal. The Cleveland Guardians is just idiotic.

Back to the "Reskins"……I seem to remember some talk about possible changing their name to the "Washington Redtails" and saw some potential logos that I liked. Some kind of an aviation theme. Don't know what happened to that but I liked it better than the "Commanders."

Basic point……if you are looking to be offended, you probably will be.
    As an old white guy, you probably have a lot to be offended over

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post

Statistically white men have been the most aggrieved by society.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post

As a young fool,, you will never know.

And did we ever clarify if it is "white" of "White?" We gotta get this settled!!!

Statistically white men have been the most aggrieved by society.
    Where is this coming from???

You're still in college, right???

I am rarely offended in my day. I will admit to ignoring a lot and moving on quite a bit. But offended……not so much. I'm not making signs and marching around.

Where is this coming from???

You're still in college, right???

I am rarely offended in my day. I will admit to ignoring a lot and moving on quite a bit. But offended……not so much. I'm not making signs and marching around.
    An admission of fact. White men are always the victim.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!

As a young fool,, you will never know.

And did we ever clarify if it is "white" of "White?" We gotta get this settled!!!
    I understand the plight of white all too well, I live it everyday (That was sarcasm if you didn't know, probably didn't.)

As was already explained to you (good luck having that be remembered around here), Blackman is a surname, it auto corrects. On the other hand, white nor black do.

You keep fighting the good fight, Slugster! (I capitalized that one by myself)

Why would someone from the Indian subcontinent 10,000 miles away want to burn a baseball stadium?
    Cricket?

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Cricket?
    Ok I will give you that...that's a good answer.