Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If you only knew bro, if you only knew. It's ok tho, I ain't gonna push that **** on no one, I myself ain't even legit schooled.

NYK might be tho. School a brotha, NYK!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRtJJs52t_E

i actually know this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    I actually do... But I call it faith.

What do you call it?
    Weakness of the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I also love how he equates the God is evil argument to God letting us use our free will.

How about cancer. It has nothing to do with free will, serves no actual environmental purpose, and could be completely eliminated from the world by a benevolent creator (or not created in the first place) with zero negative repercussions.

Instead of locking your kids up and not allowing them to exercise free will, how about his analogy be God telling a young child dying of cancer that even though he could have never created cancer or destroyed it, he let it be and the kid has to die as a result.
    Why doesnít The20thK ever answer the serious statements or questions. It seems he has to be right and you have to believe what he believes.... that is what is wrong with religious zealots

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    cancer is really a mind over matter type thing. i think cancer patients need to pull themselves up by their boot straps and stop looking to God
    What about babies born with terminal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by leomaz View Post
    Why doesnít The20thK ever answer the serious statements or questions. It seems he has to be right and you have to believe what he believes.... that is what is wrong with religious zealots
    I do answer the serious questions. But I donít re-etively answer them over and over. And I donít answer when people arenít looking for an answer.

Cancer isnít Gods fault. Itís ours... He created a perfect world and we chose a different path. One that has bad things in it, like cancer.

As to why God doesnít remove it? There are things people learn when facing death... things that canít be learned by any other means. So to say there would be no negative repercussions if God removed it, cannot be unequivocally said.

I have a 38 friend who is dying of cancer right now. Dying... he has no medical chance of surviving. He is living and seeing life like never before and he thanks God everyday for allowing him to experience life to its fullest.

I donít know what your experience with cancer has been but Iíve lost 3 family members to it and had another survive it. Everyone of them lived more in their time with cancer than all their lives without it. And all of them gave God glory for it.

I do answer the serious questions. But I donít re-etively answer them over and over. And I donít answer when people arenít looking for an answer.

Cancer isnít Gods fault. Itís ours... He created a perfect world and we chose a different path. One that has bad things in it, like cancer.

As to why God doesnít remove it? There are things people learn when facing death... things that canít be learned by any other means. So to say there would be no negative repercussions if God removed it, cannot be unequivocally said.

I have a 38 friend who is dying of cancer right now. Dying... he has no medical chance of surviving. He is living and seeing life like never before and he thanks God everyday for allowing him to experience life to its fullest.

I donít know what your experience with cancer has been but Iíve lost 3 family members to it and had another survive it. Everyone of them lived more in their time with cancer than all their lives without it. And all of them gave God glory for it.
    So we're talking about the Epicurean Paradox which, to simplify, says, if God is all powerful and all good why is there still evil? Either he's not powerful enough to remove evil or he's not good enough to want to remove evil. He can't be both.

So you've tackled it by asserting we are prone to confusing good with evil, i.e. the evil cancer was actually good for your 38 year old friend in that he was able to appreciate the world and God as he never has before.

Kinda breaks down when we talk about mass murders, Earthquakes, wild fires, child rapes, etc. Ever see the movie The Shack? They do a bad job of justifying it too.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    So we're talking about the Epicurean Paradox which, to simplify, says, if God is all powerful and all good why is there still evil? Either he's not powerful enough to remove evil or he's not good enough to want to remove evil. He can't be both.

So you've tackled it by asserting we are prone to confusing good with evil, i.e. the evil cancer was actually good for your 38 year old friend in that he was able to appreciate the world and God as he never has before.

Kinda breaks down when we talk about mass murders, Earthquakes, wild fires, child rapes, etc. Ever see the movie The Shack? They do a bad job of justifying it too.
    Didnít see the Shack but I read the book. It was fiction and not very rooted in biblical Christianity.

Never heard of the epicurean paradox but it sounds like a good explanation of the situation at hand.

What is good? seems to be the big question. And once again Iíd have to defer that to the omniscient being, not the ones with extremely limited knowledge. It comes back to the question of hindsight, how many things would you have done differently if you had known the outcome? Well God doesnít need hindsight, not if he is omniscient.

Why doesnít he remove mass murderers,wild fires, child rapists? I donít know... what are you doing about those? Certainly those things are more important than whatever you fill your day with, right? Certainly those are things that you could help with as well? Why is it we blame God for our poor choices? Of course we have no power over cancer and earthquakes (unless you believe global warming is responsible) so once again Iíll have to say look what happens when we as a people are faced with tragedy... the very best in humanity comes out. We are less selfish, we give more, we sacrifice more and we love more. Maybe these tragedies are the only way to make humans appreciate what we actually have and who gave it to us? Maybe God knows that the ďtragedyĒ that occurs is such a small thing, in relation to eternity, that whatever pain or misery we go through is far outweighed by the eternal benefit we eventually end up?

Iím just spitballing here but thatís what I imagine an omniscient being might know that you and I couldnít possibly understand.

Didnít see the Shack but I read the book. It was fiction and not very rooted in biblical Christianity.

Never heard of the epicurean paradox but it sounds like a good explanation of the situation at hand.

What is good? seems to be the big question. And once again Iíd have to defer that to the omniscient being, not the ones with extremely limited knowledge. It comes back to the question of hindsight, how many things would you have done differently if you had known the outcome? Well God doesnít need hindsight, not if he is omniscient.

Why doesnít he remove mass murderers,wild fires, child rapists? I donít know... what are you doing about those? Certainly those things are more important than whatever you fill your day with, right? Certainly those are things that you could help with as well? Why is it we blame God for our poor choices? Of course we have no power over cancer and earthquakes (unless you believe global warming is responsible) so once again Iíll have to say look what happens when we as a people are faced with tragedy... the very best in humanity comes out. We are less selfish, we give more, we sacrifice more and we love more. Maybe these tragedies are the only way to make humans appreciate what we actually have and who gave it to us? Maybe God knows that the ďtragedyĒ that occurs is such a small thing, in relation to eternity, that whatever pain or misery we go through is far outweighed by the eternal benefit we eventually end up?

Iím just spitballing here but thatís what I imagine an omniscient being might know that you and I couldnít possibly understand.
    I'm not blaming God at all. I'm sayiing all this evil is a marker pointing toward his non existence.

You ask what am I doing about mass murders, wild fires, rapes, etc. I'll tell you what I would do about them if were God: I wouldn't let them happen.

But your point is fair too. From my perspective as a human being, a mortal, of course I'd stop them. But I can't lie and say i know what the perspective of an all-knowing being would be since I've never been all knowng. In other words, it's easy for me to say. I'm not God.

Still seems like a cop out though.

EDIT: lol of course it's a cop out. An all knowing all powerful all loving being wouldn't have any such issues lol
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 12-21-2017 at 04:55 PM.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

I have a 38 friend who is dying of cancer right now. Dying... he has no medical chance of surviving. He is living and seeing life like never before...
    Don't need God for that.

My wife of 1 year and I realize our time together wil be shorter than we wish (probably +/- 30 years) so we make sure every day is as wonderful as it can be.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.Ē -- Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Don't need God for that.

My wife of 1 year and I realize our time together wil be shorter than we wish (probably +/- 30 years) so we make sure every day is as wonderful as it can be.
    Is your wife sick?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12