Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Best 25 Players of the Last 25 Years?

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I'm in the process of writing a series of articles on the best 25 players of the last 25 years, and I'm curious as to what you guys think. How would you rank them?

So only players that started their career in the 91-92 season or later.

For some context, here's how these guys are ranked in the recent ESPN Rank project.

In parenthesis is where they are ranked all-time.

1. LeBron (3)
    2. Duncan (8)
    3. Shaq (9)
    4. Kobe (12)
    5. Dirk (17)
    6. Garnett (21)
    7. Durant (22)
    8. Curry (23)
    9. Wade (27)
    10. Paul (29)
    11. Nash (30)
    12. Kidd (35)
    13. Pierce (45)
    14. Iverson (46)
    15. Westbrook (49)
    16. Allen (50)
    17. P. Gasol (56)
    18. Parker (58)
    19. Anthony (59)
    20. Ginobili (61)
    21. McGrady (63)
    22. Mourning (65)
    23. Webber (66)
    24. Howard (67)
    25. Carter (69)
    26. Mutombo (73)
    27. Griffin (75)
    28. Hill (80)
    29. Bosh (86)
    30. Billups (87)
    31. Ming (89)
    32. M. Gasol (95)
    33. Harden (97)
    34. Love (99)

Here are the first 3 parts of the series if anyone is interested:

Part 1: 21-25

Part 2: 16-20

Part 3: 11-15

The ESPN list is trash. AI is trash as a human or teammate - that still matters, right? Dirk ahead of KG proves the lameness of the list.

Curry is being ranked with his peak in mind, career wise he's not that high, not nearly.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    The ESPN list is trash. AI is trash as a human or teammate - that still matters, right? Dirk ahead of KG proves the lameness of the list.

Curry is being ranked with his peak in mind, career wise he's not that high, not nearly.
    Are we going off longevity for his career then? Because looking at the list there is not a single player below him that has all of an MVP, Title, and historic seasons.

LOL this guy a know Iverson hater. Get lost. And Bagwell's cheatin' *** still isn't in the HOF. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    LOL this guy a know Iverson hater. Get lost. And Bagwell's cheatin' *** still isn't in the HOF. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Anyone that has played at a college level and coached at the HS level can see the blind stupidity of naming a volume scoring, pass only occasionally, tiny player that can be posted all day long, with his long line of personal baggage as a franchise leader.

They say he was a "fashion leader" - although what that has to do with playing as opposed to posing I have no idea.

None of that is hate, just objective truth - except the part about his "fashion" leadership.

Any AI fans or people that want to know more should read his wiki, then go to basketball-reference and look at the value of what he actually did. Highlight videos are just that, a lot of his mordantly poor defense was left on the floor I can tell you.

BTW, how would he work out on a team like GS? A low % shooting ball hog taking shots away from superior shooters. He never could adapt himself, like a car with a manual transmission stuck in 5th, it was always the same guy. Now don't get me started on all those trades he forced, and contract he failed to honor.

Divisive, poor shooting (IE volume scorer) with the game of a "2" in the body of a "1", poor D for the most part, couldn't or didn't want to adapt. Not worthy.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by mweb08 View Post
    Iverson behind Kidd, Allen, McGrady, Nash, Paul. Three of these players haven't even led their team to a Finals That's a no go for me. List is terrible.

Iverson behind Kidd, Allen, McGrady, Nash, Paul. Three of these players haven't even led their team to a Finals That's a no go for me. List is terrible.
    A lot of who gets to or leads teams to finals has more to do with luck of the locale than the player named. I'd take all of the those players over the willfull and divisive AI. I won't even qualify on circumstances. AI is simply poison to any team he could be chosen for - on paper - or in reality.

A lot of who gets to or leads teams to finals has more to do with luck of the locale than the player named. I'd take all of the those players over the willfull and divisive AI. I won't even qualify on circumstances. AI is simply poison to any team he could be chosen for - on paper - or in reality.
    LOL at luck. Yeah I'm sure TMac, who's never led his team out of the first round and Paul, who's never led his team to a conference finals needed luck for that hard work. What I and all of us do know is that AI is a HOFer one of the 50 best players of all time and beloved as a Sixer in the city of Philly, so you can hate and continue being misguided about sports. We do know Jeff Bagwell isn't in the HOF which is the best and the most important thing.

LOL at luck. Yeah I'm sure TMac, who's never led his team out of the first round and Paul, who's never led his team to a conference finals needed luck for that hard work. What I and all of us do know is that AI is a HOFer one of the 50 best players of all time and beloved as a Sixer in the city of Philly, so you can hate and continue being misguided about sports. We do know Jeff Bagwell isn't in the HOF which is the best and the most important thing.
    TMac was phenominal. He averaged almost 32/7/5 a game against the Pistons in the first round of 02-03. You know, the Pistons team that had one of the best rim protectors in the game, a great defensive wing in Prince and a great defensove back court in Chauncey and Rip. The same team that would win the title the next year.

in 4 playoff series from 00/01-04/05 (all first round) he averaged 31/7/6... Jordan numbers except his Robin was Pat Garrity

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    TMac was phenominal. He averaged almost 32/7/5 a game against the Pistons in the first round of 02-03. You know, the Pistons team that had one of the best rim protectors in the game, a great defensive wing in Prince and a great defensove back court in Chauncey and Rip. The same team that would win the title the next year.

in 4 playoff series from 00/01-04/05 (all first round) he averaged 31/7/6... Jordan numbers except his Robin was Pat Garrity

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Yeah didn't say TMac wasn't good. He shouldn't be ranked ahead of AI on this list.

An average quality response from you. AI is garbage. Beloved Sixer? Sure rank and file fans always love their players. Show me someone that can criticize their players and I might pay attention. I have a whole long list of Celtic players I didn't/don't care for. I judge the quality of play, and if the person is being thrust forward as some paragon has clay feet like AI, then I'm more than happy to ruthlessly expose him as garbage.

I was the first poster here that started going after Rondo, and fought many a bitter battle, and I was proven right. AI proved by his play and his behavior that he's a scum bag. Always was, always will be.

An average quality response from you. AI is garbage. Beloved Sixer? Sure rank and file fans always love their players. Show me someone that can criticize their players and I might pay attention. I have a whole long list of Celtic players I didn't/don't care for. I judge the quality of play, and if the person is being thrust forward as some paragon has clay feet like AI, then I'm more than happy to ruthlessly expose him as garbage.

I was the first poster here that started going after Rondo, and fought many a bitter battle, and I was proven right. AI proved by his play and his behavior that he's a scum bag. Always was, always will be.
    AI proved his play all the way to a HOF career. Enough said. Stay angry it won't make a difference as far as AI's career is concerned. Especially YOUR irrelevant opinion of him.

Ha, thanks for the kind words.

I guess you would have been ok with Allen over AI if the refs didn't gift wrap that conference finals to the Sixers?

I wouldn't make too much out of AI making one finals as I explained in the article. Besides the aforementioned issue with the refs in that series against the Bucks, the East was not exactly great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast