Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    More like probably over reacted a lot. It's not like Beasley is the savior, but he's a fine guy to get some minutes and score some points.

It's not like the majority of the league isn't doing weed anyway. And we do have a veteran presence in a guy like Jason terry to mentor the young guys. Jabari and Giannis have their heads in straight enough that it's not like they are al of a sudden going to quit working and spend 5 hours a night in a strip club cuz we added Beasley.

We need players capable of at least sort of holding their own at the 3 spot. We don't need 40 minutes a night out of that guy, but we need probably 15 off the bench. Beasley is capable of that, and we aren't locked into anything with him if a better deal comes along.

Midds is going to be almost impossible to really replace at this point. From a winning now perspective, I'd say he's probably our most important player (long term he's still for sure behind Giannis and pretty close with Parker.) So we have to do something and Beasley is a solid first move. It's a move that doesn't require is to make a desperation move, and it doesn't tie us up with any long term money. It was a very logical move in my mind.

And at the end of the day, what's really so bad about being lottery bound again. We could still use a starting guard and probably could afford an upgrade at center of available. Giannis Middleton and Parker all have plenty of control left, so it's not like this is our one chance season.
    I agree with you on B Easy! I would rather have him coming off the bench than JOB. At least our bench is getting stronger!

Middleton underwent successful surgery yesterday to repair his ruptured left hamstring.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Middleton underwent successful surgery yesterday to repair his ruptured left hamstring.
    Good! He be back fir the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    Good! He be back fir the playoffs
    Probably more like returning to ruin our lottery spot. Unless Giannis and Parker are all stars this year and carries the team. I have a feeling we hover outside looking in at 9th or 10 seed.

Probably more like returning to ruin our lottery spot. Unless Giannis and Parker are all stars this year and carries the team. I have a feeling we hover outside looking in at 9th or 10 seed.
    Lol! Come on Miller we got have faith!!

Lol! Come on Miller we got have faith!!

Only improvement on paper is more 3 point shooters on the team. But huge turnover with new players. Will take time to gel and let the dust settle. Not including Monroe, MCW and Henson on trade block for a SG. I still think one major weakness we never fixed is our rebounding. Our best rebounder is Monroe and he's on the trade block. Henson worries more about getting blocks and lets opposing player get offense put back for easy lay ins. Last decent rebounders we had were Jeff Adrien and Sanders and Bogut and Magloire,Hill, Gilliam and Baker. I'm hoping Maker can be our rebounder. But hard to say Kidd gives him any burn.

Only improvement on paper is more 3 point shooters on the team. But huge turnover with new players. Will take time to gel and let the dust settle. Not including Monroe, MCW and Henson on trade block for a SG. I still think one major weakness we never fixed is our rebounding. Our best rebounder is Monroe and he's on the trade block. Henson worries more about getting blocks and lets opposing player get offense put back for easy lay ins. Last decent rebounders we had were Jeff Adrien and Sanders and Bogut and Magloire,Hill, Gilliam and Baker. I'm hoping Maker can be our rebounder. But hard to say Kidd gives him any burn.
    Trust me.......Giannis and Parker would get plenty of rebounds! And Plumlee would be a walking double double; only if Monroe is trade!

We'll see but I doubt Bucks make playoffs. Betting places have set Bucks O/U wins to be 39.5 tied for 8th with Hornets....before the Middleton injury. I would rather miss than get the 8 seed anyway

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    We'll see but I doubt Bucks make playoffs. Betting places have set Bucks O/U wins to be 39.5 tied for 8th with Hornets....before the Middleton injury. I would rather miss than get the 8 seed anyway
    I think we are underestimating our team. I personally think the Bucks would have one of the better benches in the league now. We actually have relevancy in the 2nd unit. And if we can flip Monroe for a decent sg/sf we can really have a decent season!

I think we are underestimating our team. I personally think the Bucks would have one of the better benches in the league now. We actually have relevancy in the 2nd unit. And if we can flip Monroe for a decent sg/sf we can really have a decent season!
    With Middleton out I like Monroe on this team. IMO he will be on floor in crunch time not Plum most nights. Rather deal Henson as Maker can be him with a more well-rounded offensive game very soon. If you deal Monroe the second unit isn't all that great tbh. He's by far the best offensive option on the second unit.

There have been other teams with some early injuries too like DET missing Jackson. East is vastly improved though from years past. I think Bucks can make playoffs but ceiling is 5-6 seed and low-point is top-5 pick next year. An injury to Giannis or another wing and this team is done. I think Bucks could get Ellis back or Gay but those guys have flaws like Monroe. Bucks have to stay healthy and start out the season on a nice run as the schedule to start is pretty favorable. Beat CHAR at home to start would be a nice start. 3 weeks away!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    With Middleton out I like Monroe on this team. IMO he will be on floor in crunch time not Plum most nights. Rather deal Henson as Maker can be him with a more well-rounded offensive game very soon. If you deal Monroe the second unit isn't all that great tbh. He's by far the best offensive option on the second unit.

There have been other teams with some early injuries too like DET missing Jackson. East is vastly improved though from years past. I think Bucks can make playoffs but ceiling is 5-6 seed and low-point is top-5 pick next year. An injury to Giannis or another wing and this team is done. I think Bucks could get Ellis back or Gay but those guys have flaws like Monroe. Bucks have to stay healthy and start out the season on a nice run as the schedule to start is pretty favorable. Beat CHAR at home to start would be a nice start. 3 weeks away!!!!1
    You have a good point Pack but I look at like whatever we lose in the second with Monroe we can gain in the starting unit in a trade. And to further piggy back I would rather trade Henson too!

Moose seems more active this year. He trimmed down a bit. I prefer to trade Henson as well. Since Maker will be better in the long run.

Moose seems more active this year. He trimmed down a bit. I prefer to trade Henson as well. Since Maker will be better in the long run.
    Moose seems more comfortable. Playing defense. Had 3 blocks in 17 minutes. Also had 15 and 9 in those 17 minutes. I like Moose with the second unit and playing down the stretch.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast