Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,215

    Avalanche Off-Season Thread 2016

    Discuss the Stanley Cup playoffs, NHL draft, potential trades and free agency here. It will soon be a new season!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,201
    No one uses the Avs forum, but I'm going to say it anyway.

    GO STARS!!!!!

    Between us not being able to beat the Wild, and them getting the last playoff spot....the Wild getting dusted in 5 would be nice to see.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,074
    I wish we could get more fans in here. But a top 12 draft pick, signing of JT, word is Zadorov and Bigras are defensemen they already are guaranteed.

    Probably not a player in free agency. Boedker is gone. Mathias is 50/50.

    Guys that could replace them, Rantanen and rumors of Radulov.

    Can't wait for Iginlas contract to be up, he is awful 5 on 5.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,201
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I wish we could get more fans in here. But a top 12 draft pick, signing of JT, word is Zadorov and Bigras are defensemen they already are guaranteed.

    Probably not a player in free agency. Boedker is gone. Mathias is 50/50.

    Guys that could replace them, Rantanen and rumors of Radulov.

    Can't wait for Iginlas contract to be up, he is awful 5 on 5.
    Who's JT?

    We need massive help on defense, and we have to hope Varly can bounce back from a bad year. If we can't take a leap next year, the team might need massive change.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,215
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Who's JT?

    We need massive help on defense, and we have to hope Varly can bounce back from a bad year. If we can't take a leap next year, the team might need massive change.
    And yet, I am hearing Barrie is on the trade market right now and could be gone. I don't understand what is going on in Colorado right now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,074
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    And yet, I am hearing Barrie is on the trade market right now and could be gone. I don't understand what is going on in Colorado right now.
    He is a premiere offensive defensemen who is terrible in the D zone. He is rumored to become the highest paid Avalanche player and he just isn't worth that much. Its actually weird because our defense prospects are considerably deeper than our forwards.

    But Varly should be traded. Pickard has shown he can handle the league. With the expansion draft too, Varlys 5.9 mil cap hit, you can give Barrie that type of deal and forget about all of this. Sakic has been brutal as of late, and Roy is worse.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,074
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Who's JT?

    We need massive help on defense, and we have to hope Varly can bounce back from a bad year. If we can't take a leap next year, the team might need massive change.
    I am hoping the young guys who get a chance next year excel. Varly, Landeskog, Mackinnon and EJ have to be better. All were bad last year, and Landeskog doesn't deserve the C, he is a brutal leader.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,201
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I am hoping the young guys who get a chance next year excel. Varly, Landeskog, Mackinnon and EJ have to be better. All were bad last year, and Landeskog doesn't deserve the C, he is a brutal leader.
    Haha pretty harsh towards the Avs right now huh?

    Landeskog will become a better leader. He's still young. The problem is that we don't have anyone as a better option as a captain. But yes, they were all bad last year. We need people to step up because we have too much talent for these results.

    I don't know how I feel about Roy. His first year was excellent but it seems like it might have just been the team that was stoked that Sacco was gone. But Roy showed fire and passion his first year. He doesn't do that anymore, and has started calling players out instead.

    Sakic is disappointing. I'm so sick of seeing this team with no defense, and no puck control. He knows it's an issue yet it never gets fixed.

    Barrie is clutch, and gives much needed offensive fire power. His defense is suspect, but if we had a decent group of defenders, his weaknesses could be hidden.

    Still, I think we make some noise next year.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,074
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Haha pretty harsh towards the Avs right now huh?

    Landeskog will become a better leader. He's still young. The problem is that we don't have anyone as a better option as a captain. But yes, they were all bad last year. We need people to step up because we have too much talent for these results.

    I don't know how I feel about Roy. His first year was excellent but it seems like it might have just been the team that was stoked that Sacco was gone. But Roy showed fire and passion his first year. He doesn't do that anymore, and has started calling players out instead.

    Sakic is disappointing. I'm so sick of seeing this team with no defense, and no puck control. He knows it's an issue yet it never gets fixed.

    Barrie is clutch, and gives much needed offensive fire power. His defense is suspect, but if we had a decent group of defenders, his weaknesses could be hidden.

    Still, I think we make some noise next year.
    A little. But as top draft choices they have to hit their potential. Landeskog floats around with little care, and his leadership at least at the end of last year was brutal. But he was never called out. Roy praised him but a guy like Duchene who was consistently the best player on the ice all year gets absolutely ripped for celebrating a goal. Sakic has done okay in bringing in players that produce. Soderberg is really solid, Beauch played good. The team has zero depth so we can't have injuries.

    Man on Man will it be nice to get Iginla and Stuart off the books. You also probably have to trade Varly because the expansion draft, Picks is the cheaper younger option who has produced.

    Its Sakics and Roys last year if they don't make the playoffs. The core is too good to underwhelm, we don't really have a style or identity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •