Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

August Game Thread and Discussion

August Game Thread Discussion

VS

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

I am imposing a one week ban on myself from following the 2016 Pirates. I just can't dive right back in after yesterday's events. I'll still be around but I'm not going to follow this week's games.

Nice little west coast trip there going 5-1 against two very good teams.

Hi!

I'm showing up here for the stretch run...hopefully like the Pirates.

Even though I'm really worried about the rotation, I generally find myself optimistic about the Pirates' playoff odds. We shall see.
    this my sig

I'm oddly reasonably optimistic too. I mean this season has been infuriating with how poor the pitching has been and this weird insistence to keep Josh Bell down in the minors but the team is showing signs of turning things around at only 1 game back of the second wild card I must admit that playoff fever of the last few years is slowly creeping back after having completely disappeared at the end of last month.

Pirates have extended David Freese with a 2/11 deal that has a third year club option worth 6 million and a 500K buyout. The structure is a little different as he will make 6.25M in '17 and 4.25M in '18. Nice little signing here.

A good west coast trip has been wiped out by a sweep by the fish and a loss to the Astros. Buccos need to start playing consistently good baseball like now if they want a real shot to make the playoffs.

The roller coaster continues as the Pirates sweep the Brewers. Now only a half game back of the Cardinals we face a tough 3 game set against the Cubs.