Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Osweiler Vs. Lynch?

Okay, I just recently signed up and have never made a Thread, and didn't really plan to, BUT it feels like I just signed up for Laker talk because that's the only place I've been; when really the Broncos are my first love, lol.

So, since the Broncos forum is totally dead, I just wanted to try and think of an interesting question to talk about. I asked my dad this a little bit after the Draft: RIGHT NOW would you trade Lynch for Osweiler? Or if you had to pick one or the other to start a team with at the same Contract price and length, who would you choose, and why?

I like I'm sure most of you loved Brock, as I thought he was the future and I'll even become a fan of Sanchez if he's our QB this year, which if I can become a fan of him I can become a fan of anyone, lmao. It was only Brock's first handful of starts, but he had flashes of brilliance one half, followed by an un-rivaled disappearing act the next. Which I guess could be blamed on him kind of being a rookie last year, even though not really.

I feel like most non-Bronco fans would say Brock, but Brock was just a second round pick, while Pax was a first. Me and my dad both said we'd take Lynch, but that may just be a bias thing, since one basically just said f^ck us, and the other is our young future. If you're being completely un-biased, who would you rather have?

For right now I would take Osweiler. 2nd year in the system, would be the starter, and has a handful of starts.

To build a team I would take Lynch, and I'm not sure many fans in the NFL would take Osweiler over Lynch for the long haul. There are a lot of reasons that I'd take Lynch though.

Obviously Lynch is younger than Osweiler so that's a plus. I think his ceiling is also a lot higher than Osweiler though. The guy isn't afraid to take shots down the field, will fit the ball in tight places, and doesn't turn it over a lot. He's the same size as Brock, but he's a little faster, Brock prefers to play in the shotgun whereas Lynch has shown a desire to truly develop as a QB that can play under center (His footwork is already greatly improved btw).

Maybe the biggest reason I'd take Lynch though is because of his leadership qualities. He has the type of personality that teammates tend to gravitate towards whereas Brock is more of a silent leader.

But yeah for this season I would take Brock. He's just way more ready to run this offense than Lynch is atm.

Well, that was perfectly said. Pretty much word for word what I would have said if I had answered my own question in detail.
    In my head I also see it as Lynch has the higher ceiling, but like I've said, it is SO impossible for me to not see a Bronco in complete bias. So it excites me that you see it the exact same way. It kind of reminds me of all these smart phones. Like, Brock is like the Galaxy S6, and we were cool to just rock with that as we had already gotten a nice feel for it and was used to it. Had all our stuff all downloaded and everything all set up how we wanted it. Didn't plan on upgrading any time soon, lmao. BUT, that phone got stolen, so since we were gonna have to go through all the trouble of setting everything up again anyway, we just said F it and got the new Galaxy S7 edge, and yeah, kinda that same phone, just a little better in every area. If anyone can follow along with that. haha

Pretty much, like you said, he has every single thing that made Brock promising; big, tall, mobile, rocket-armed, perfect for the system, etc. Yet, he's faster, quicker, bigger arm and etc.
    Everything equal, just have to take Brock for THIS year. And for the future all-together, every single day of the week I'm rolling with Pax.

And if you wanna really break down the this year thing, a huge contract would have meant what exactly? Does that mean that we don't get to lock up B-marsh? Cause I LOVE him. Does that mean we aren't able to meet Von's high demands, and we try to call his bluff and stick with the Franchise on him and he ends up ACTUALLY sitting out the year? Does it mean we aren't able to match for CJ? Maybe no Okung? Maybe have to trade or cut Talib this off-season instead of keeping him at least another year? 'Cause nah, bruh, I ain't giving up a single one of these things for lil ole Brocky. Houston can go 'head and sacrifice huge chunks of the rest of their roster for him. I'll ride with Pax and his super team-friendly contract that allows us to put an elite cast around him, on both sides of the ball.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Brock became predicable after a few games and teams figured him out. Nothing outside the numbers and when he did he wasn't effective, nothing deep and when he did he wasn't effective. Would i take him for one year over what we have? Yes. But Brock will likely never develop into a top 10 QB in the league, not unless his accuracy improves a tonne and he gets rid of the ball quicker

Quote Originally Posted by breakbad View Post
    Okay, I just recently signed up and have never made a Thread, and didn't really plan to, BUT it feels like I just signed up for Laker talk because that's the only place I've been; when really the Broncos are my first love, lol.

So, since the Broncos forum is totally dead, I just wanted to try and think of an interesting question to talk about. I asked my dad this a little bit after the Draft: RIGHT NOW would you trade Lynch for Osweiler? Or if you had to pick one or the other to start a team with at the same Contract price and length, who would you choose, and why?

I like I'm sure most of you loved Brock, as I thought he was the future and I'll even become a fan of Sanchez if he's our QB this year, which if I can become a fan of him I can become a fan of anyone, lmao. It was only Brock's first handful of starts, but he had flashes of brilliance one half, followed by an un-rivaled disappearing act the next. Which I guess could be blamed on him kind of being a rookie last year, even though not really.

I feel like most non-Bronco fans would say Brock, but Brock was just a second round pick, while Pax was a first. Me and my dad both said we'd take Lynch, but that may just be a bias thing, since one basically just said f^ck us, and the other is our young future. If you're being completely un-biased, who would you rather have?
    Honestly I love lynch, wouldn't trade him for Brock at all. Lynch has way more superior talent over Brock and far more mobility. Plus when you learn about Brock mental make up and how he was so torn up by being benched it pushes me further away from liking him. We all thought he was the future but we end up with a better future IMO.

Whats really burning me up is having a dream last night that Sanchez threw 7ints in the season opener.

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    Brock became predicable after a few games and teams figured him out. Nothing outside the numbers and when he did he wasn't effective, nothing deep and when he did he wasn't effective. Would i take him for one year over what we have? Yes. But Brock will likely never develop into a top 10 QB in the league, not unless his accuracy improves a tonne and he gets rid of the ball quicker
    Very true and weird, I still dont know why brock didn't take shots down the field or outside the numbers.... His arm was big enough imo.

Quote Originally Posted by breakbad View Post

Nope. I was pulling for Brock but he clearly has some immaturity and personality issues. My current opinion is obviously in hindsight, but knowing what I know now, I wouldn't trade him for Sanchez.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Nope. I was pulling for Brock but he clearly has some immaturity and personality issues. My current opinion is obviously in hindsight, but knowing what I know now, I wouldn't trade him for Sanchez.
    No kidding. Brock wasn't able to lead the team against SD week 17, and he got all whiney because he was benched.

I pulled for Brock hard, but I had no idea how soft he was.

Brock was making plays, the turnovers wasn't his fault at. Cj Anderson fumbling wasnt his fault, the tipped ball's wasn't his fault and the balls going through wideouts hands into the defender hands wasn't his fault. However like I said before, him getting all offended and heart broken over being benched to the point he just wanted out was a serious character flaw, then he doesn't show up for the ring ceremony with his teammates like a coward. Dudes mental strength ain't what it needs to be too be my starting franchise quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJudah View Post
    Brock was making plays, the turnovers wasn't his fault at. Cj Anderson fumbling wasnt his fault, the tipped ball's wasn't his fault and the balls going through wideouts hands into the defender hands wasn't his fault. However like I said before, him getting all offended and heart broken over being benched to the point he just wanted out was a serious character flaw, then he doesn't show up for the ring ceremony with his teammates like a coward. Dudes mental strength ain't what it needs to be too be my starting franchise quarterback.
    Only one turnover was his fault in that game, but the lack of emotion from the offense and the lack of energy was his fault. The offense was awful all day (Except for the first play) and all of the sudden Manning comes in and it is the complete opposite. Some has to be credited to Manning's pre snap ability, but everyone could tell that the offense was just laying down to the Chargers when Brock was out there.

Osweiler isn't a terrible leader, but I'm pretty confident in saying that his teams will likely roll over when the going gets tough.

I dont recall the offense doing much when manning entered. But oh well both are gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJudah View Post
    I dont recall the offense doing much when manning entered. But oh well both are gone now.
    How about 20 points and complete command of the offense.....the most obvious thing to spot.

Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    How about 20 points and complete command of the offense.....the most obvious thing to spot.

Come on now.
    I agree. It was quite the change. You could just see how the team responded as a whole once he came in the game. We dont win it had Manning not came in.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

Won't know how good Lynch really is until he's under fire.

Major weakness with Brock is his lack of 'feel' or 'sense' for his surroundings when under pressure. The great ones have that 360 degree view and he seems to lack that.

Plus, as mentioned above he appears to be whiny.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

That Sanchez dream isn't even a dream, that's a f^cking nightmare, lmao. Which I hope is totally un-realistic 'cause if he starts being THAT Sanchez I wanna see Siemian sooner rather than later in that game, even if it is the first one. I in fact am kind of rooting for Siemian to win the QB battle, 'cause I thought he looked really good last pre-season, even though it was only the pre-season.

Which leads me to the you wouldn't trade even Sanchez for Brock, woah. You must think Brock is going to be terrible then, which I don't; especially with O'brian. One of the best Coaches in the league for him to pair up with. Dude is legit a QB Guru.

I have no idea if him leaving was over hurt feelings and whiny-ness over being benched, or being pissed and motivated to proove Kubiak wrong. Because he and everyone knew that was Kub's call, as Elway had already chosen to roll with Brock the rest of the way. He way have just hated Kubiak over that and didn't want to play for him, which I would be able to understand. I still can't help but love him for beating the freaking Patriots, which you can't help but feel like Manning wouldn't have been able to do twice in one season, which he never does.

I think Brock will be really solid to really good in that System with that Coach, and I think Pax will be really solid to great in our System, as I believe he also couldn't have gone to a better Coach to maximize his talents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast