Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Malcolm Brogdon

Bucks are a complete mess without Brogdon. Poor Giannis trying to carry entire team. Also Moose plays better with Brogdon as 2 man game. Middleton fell off a cliff yet he acts like he's #1 option like last season yet. At this point I'd consider trading Middleton before he opts out of players option at end of his cheap contract. His play as of late is depressing then on his next deal playing the same will be horrifying.

Yeah I know Middleton coming off of a serious injury. But he's a rollercoaster previous years as well. Very streaky. Also I'd let Snell walk. Let some other franchise over pay him $12M per. I could see Nets/76ers chasing him with a load of cash. Wolves probably will as well since they wanted him at the trade deadline. LaVine be out with a injury for good chunk next season as well.

Quit overreacting. Trading Middleton is dumb unless you're getting a complete stud back. He's probably trying to do a little too much, but it's hard to blame him given how poor the rest of the offense has been lately. Middleton is a super underrated player and a perfect fit for this team. As the team matures and guys settle into their roles, he'll settle in as a good defender, awesome shooter and smart passer. That makes him super valuable.

Middleton should be used as a much better version of JJ Redick. The clips are really good at running him off picks (like most teams with their shooters), but they are also good at setting up tweaked plays off of what appears to be designed set plays. Because Redick is a great shooter, but also a smart passer, you can run what appears to be a standard play, then do a quick second screen or flip it into a quick pick and roll and have a set play off of a set play. Doc is awesome at designing that stuff. That's what we should be doing with him Middleton. As he's also a smart passer, but he's athletic enough to be more dangerous when attacking the basket than JJ.

As for snell, I agree that I don't wanna pay him $10 mill or more. I've been one of the most vocal "anti-snell" guys. But to be fair to snell, part of that for me is roster construction. I think our defense needs two major components, one of which is a big who can hold his own on the glass and block shots. The other is a guard with some quickness.

I love Brogdon and think he's going to be a really solid player. But as a pg, he doesn't really have the quickness to consistently defend quick guards. Look at the top of the East, there's kyrie, IT, Lowry and wall as their pgs. Outside of Lowry, who's a very good player in his own right, those guys are young and super quick. Most nights we seem to ask snell to defend those guys. Snell isn't a bad defender, but he has no chance sticking with those guys. That's not his game at all. And I'm not sure Brogdon can consistent defend those guys either. So realistically, Brogdon will probably spilt time at SG and PG. Middleton will likely split time at SG and SF, playing more SG when Parker returns (assuming he's healthy enough to deserve minutes.) So in an ideal situation, I just don't see the minutes avaialable for him to be worth that kid of cash. He's grown on me a little as a player, but I just don't think he fits as a long term valuable peice given that there's two more valuable guys on our roster that play virtually the same position as him.

With Kidd here were not getting any fancy coaching or schemes. I already bumped the would you trade Middleton for Celtics pick? If its Fultz i'd consider even swap. If Celtics offer more great. Also we shed some cap. Then if Moose and Hawes bolt and renounce Snell. We should have decent cap. Fultz, Brogdon, Giannis, Maker, Henson then February shift everyone up a notch and have Parker at SF. Fultz, Brogdon, Parker, Giannis, Henson. Maker sits. I'd like to see triple towers early part of the season though.

Henson a tower?...pile of sh** more accurate

lol Yeah Henson is trash. He should of been traded back on his rookie contract.

He probably deserves it, but it's hard to call it a snub when he really hasn't played that well statistically. I really like Brogdon and think he's a really nice peice moving forward, but unless he throws some huge scoring totals up the last 2 games, he'd set a new record for lowest scoring average for ROY.

Like I said, he's probably the most deserving player when you look at the season as a whole, but both embiid and saric flashed a little better than Brogdon and I'm okay with them rewarding those guys for flashing too. Embiid is very clearly the most talented player in the running and was by far the most impactful in his limited burn.

CBS sports had their writers vote for all the awards and 5 of 6 picked Brogdon with the other picking Saric. Giannis was 6 for 6 on most improved player.

People have to remember Brogdon is putting up his numbers on a playoff team as like the 4th option. Saric is in the lottery putting up empty stats. People remember this for voting in MCW.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    People have to remember Brogdon is putting up his numbers on a playoff team as like the 4th option. Saric is in the lottery putting up empty stats. People remember this for voting in MCW.
    I don't think Saric has a chance, but I still worrie about Embid.

I don't think Embiid is getting ROY in 31 games. Brogdon or Saric and I would vote for Saric. Brogdon's ROY moment was his shot and 4th quarter vs. Boston in a big-time win for a team fighting for playoff positioning. None of the other 2 really had that moment and being on a team that is lottery bound since January couldn't/

Some redrafts have Brogdon going #3 and #9 and #10 in first round. I know Hammond said after that draft Brogdon would of been first round pick if he didn't get injured in college.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast