Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Which is worse?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • LeBron's decision

    31 41.89%
  • Durant's decision

    43 58.11%
Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 844
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    I'm legit curious: Are there any Warrior fans here that think Durant IS a coward?
    Why exactly is he a coward? He made the best possible decision available to him.

    I fail to see the comparison between Lebron jumping ship, or even how Durant going to the Warriors somehow excuses Lebron running out on the team that drafted him.

    Durant could have won a 'ship with the Thunder, are we just going to ignore the fact that he wasn't getting along with Westbrook?


  2. #422
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas/Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,250
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Why exactly is he a coward? He made the best possible decision available to him.

    I fail to see the comparison between Lebron jumping ship, or even how Durant going to the Warriors somehow excuses Lebron running out on the team that drafted him.

    Durant could have won a 'ship with the Thunder, are we just going to ignore the fact that he wasn't getting along with Westbrook?

    😂😂😂 so Lebron goes to a heat team who just lost in the 1st round with mo Williams as his 2nd best player in Cleveland is jumping ship but Durant going to a Warriors team who's coming off a finals app for the 2nd straight year and who set an NBA record with 73 wins with Russell Westbrook as his 2nd best player in OKC he's just trying to do what's best for him? 😭😭😭 Hahaha

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    391
    As a James fan I am shocked Durant isnt getting as mich backlast as James did when he left Cleveland for Miami. I think its the same situation in my books

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,748
    Works both ways - professional team sports owners do what's best for their team including moving the team to another state when they see fit (hey St Louis, Seattle and Cleveland owners) or cut, trade, release or don't re-sign when it fits their needs. Free agency is exactly that - dudes can do what they think is best for them, Prosportsdaily.com forum opinions not withstanding.
    Last edited by zookman65; 07-06-2016 at 06:53 AM.

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Bron CREATED the super team(one that wasn't **** without him). KD is joining a super team in the middle of their primes and leaving a team that was far more talented than any Bron ever left.

    If you don't understand the difference then your level of hatred for Bron is truly deep seeded. Lemme guess, u prolly gon make another thread wondering why Cleveland isn't favored to win the Finals lol

    Ps
    Good to see you back from the banishment bron put on u. Was starting to worry about you
    I see the difference in what they left but the end result in the teams they formed are almost identical... They are locks to win the west with "almost" no competition. Regardless if you talk about Lebron joining the heat or cavs he was a lock from day one to win the east and make it to the finals.

    The situations they left were different but as far as the teams they formed and and the competition they are about the face it's pretty much the samething.

    I could make a thread about the Cavs and the finals but you will counter it saying they don't have enough talent to win against Golden State... This year you'd probably be right though

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,730
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettosean View Post
    I see the difference in what they left but the end result in the teams they formed are almost identical... They are locks to win the west with "almost" no competition. Regardless if you talk about Lebron joining the heat or cavs he was a lock from day one to win the east and make it to the finals.

    The situations they left were different but as far as the teams they formed and and the competition they are about the face it's pretty much the samething.

    I could make a thread about the Cavs and the finals but you will counter it saying they don't have enough talent to win against Golden State... This year you'd probably be right though
    How is it the same thing?! The Warriors won 73 games and were 3-1 up in the finals before LeBron had one of the greatest finals performances of all-time and denied the Warriors. In 2010, LeBron joined a team that had lost in the 1st round of the playoffs and had Haslem and Chalmers as the only players officially under contract.

    KD was beat by the Warriors, largely due to his poor play, after being 3-1 up. He then jumps ship and joins that team. How is that not the most cowardly move?

    Imagine if after the 1990 season, MJ left the Bulls to join the back to back NBA champs, the Pistons. But in this parallel universe, they've just won 73 games. Isiah Thomas is the 2nd best player in the league, the greatest shooter of all-time and coming off back to back MVP's. That Pistons team also has a young Reggie Miller with better defense (Klay) and a Dennis Rodman who has learnt to shoot 3's at a near 40% clip and dish 7 assists a game whilst kicking ever player in the nuts (Draymond).

    Do you think people would still regard MJ as the GOAT if he joined that team after being beaten by them and coasted his way to a few championships whilst his numbers dip to 24/6/4 and he shares a few Finals MVP's with Isiah? No chance.

    It's a cowardly move to join a team already THAT good without you and whatever rings he wins will do next to nothing for his legacy.

    At least when LeBron won in Miami, it was because of him and he was clearly the man. You take him away from that team and they're not even getting HCA in the first round of the playoffs. You take KD away from this Warriors team and they win 73 games and come a chase down block away from back to back champs (shoutout Bron for the GOAT defensive play).
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Unprecedented pussification.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,460
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJudah View Post
    Sorry but the only reason the cavs were even that great was because of LeBron and his dominance and.abilities to make scrubs better, hence why they were #1 overall pick lottery team until he returned...... Get F'n real bro. The thunder could have very well beat the warriors last season and this up coming season smh.
    I was talking about lebron leaving miami.

    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

  8. #428
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelz0376 View Post
    A lot of people are killing Durant, like people were killing Lebron. They said Lebron was a coward, etc for joint with wade & bosh instead of winning it on his own. He was the clear #1 guy and lead team to 2 titles and multiple finals. I feel like most don't really care anymore about that and he still gets his due.

    Same could happen for Durant IMO. He goes to Warriors they win 2 or 3 straight titles with him as the clear cut #1 player on that team then a lot will be forgiven. I'm sorry call me crazy but after these last two playoffs I don't have complete faith in Curry come playoff time. In fact out of Curry, Durant, Thompson, and Green I trust Curry the least come playoff time.
    This sums it up pretty good. Lebron was generally regarded as a coward for jumping ship UNTIL he got his ring. After that people for the most part got over it.

    I'd expect the same for KD. People can feel a certain way about it all they want but the bottom line is getting rings.

    After he starts racking up rings the ones that still are disgruntled about how he went about doing it are just going to be bitter anyways, just like they still are with Lebron. Who cares.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks View Post
    How is it the same thing?! The Warriors won 73 games and were 3-1 up in the finals before LeBron had one of the greatest finals performances of all-time and denied the Warriors. In 2010, LeBron joined a team that had lost in the 1st round of the playoffs and had Haslem and Chalmers as the only players officially under contract.

    KD was beat by the Warriors, largely due to his poor play, after being 3-1 up. He then jumps ship and joins that team. How is that not the most cowardly move?

    Imagine if after the 1990 season, MJ left the Bulls to join the back to back NBA champs, the Pistons. But in this parallel universe, they've just won 73 games. Isiah Thomas is the 2nd best player in the league, the greatest shooter of all-time and coming off back to back MVP's. That Pistons team also has a young Reggie Miller with better defense (Klay) and a Dennis Rodman who has learnt to shoot 3's at a near 40% clip and dish 7 assists a game whilst kicking ever player in the nuts (Draymond).

    Do you think people would still regard MJ as the GOAT if he joined that team after being beaten by them and coasted his way to a few championships whilst his numbers dip to 24/6/4 and he shares a few Finals MVP's with Isiah? No chance.

    It's a cowardly move to join a team already THAT good without you and whatever rings he wins will do next to nothing for his legacy.

    At least when LeBron won in Miami, it was because of him and he was clearly the man. You take him away from that team and they're not even getting HCA in the first round of the playoffs. You take KD away from this Warriors team and they win 73 games and come a chase down block away from back to back champs (shoutout Bron for the GOAT defensive play).

    The differences aren't that big when you look at it though like I said I agree the circumstances are different but when I look at a long post like this I think you are looking too deep into the decision (no pun intended).

    Regardless of how the teams were formed on either side both joined up with top tier talent and eliminated all competition in there conference before the season even began this is the main point and the main reason Durant and Lebron made the moves they made. I'm not looking at previous accomplishments in the past I'm more looking at why each player did it for there futures and it was basically to have the load/burden taken off them and to have instant finals appearances and that's what both moves have in common and the main reason each player made the moves they did. This is why both moves are not that disimilar at all but as far as the circumstances of there previous teams and the teams they joined or formed yes that is different I agree but there motives for why they both did what they did are exactly the same.

    Both moves were cowardly and I'm not a fan at of the superteams but the reasons they both did it was to take an easier road to win some championships and take less of the burden on themselves while doing it. I feel that there are too many people over complicating what was done in both scenarios IMO.

    edit:

    Regarding your MJ scenario I think if he did what either of these players did I highly doubt anyone would consider him the GOAT but that's just my thoughts.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsguy9695 View Post
    As a James fan I am shocked Durant isnt getting as mich backlast as James did when he left Cleveland for Miami. I think its the same situation in my books
    I agree, it's the same situation, I think the difference is LeBron's handling of the media is different and has put him in a less favorable position with the media which results in different kinds of coverage and thus a different public opinion.

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,205
    Welcome to the AAU Generation of NBA Basketball.

    All these guys have played against each other when they were 10. Social Media allowed them to all keep in touch over the years. Theres a lot of Friendships off the court. Rivalries are over.

    These players don't hate each other like they did in the 80s.

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ny
    Posts
    2,328
    Durant wants a ring.. went to the best team to get one.. end of story.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,460
    coward: a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

    It's a game. I don't see how anybody making any decision about playing in the NBA can be called a coward.

    Soft I think is a better term, and KD's move certainly can be called soft. He didn't want to do it the hard way any more.

    Supposedly Horford chose to not come to OKC when Russ wouldn't offer any assurance he'd re-sign. Russ didn't go to the OKC meeting with KD. Russ didn't offer any assurances to KD. Essentially Russ pushed the button to blow up OKC. Once that was done KD was likely to go, and the ONLY reason to not go to GS at that point was the opinions of a small number of fans who would complain about KD joining too good a team. KD has never been one to think of the minority fans opinion first. I think most of us presented with the same options would make the same choice and choose GS.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    coward: a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

    It's a game. I don't see how anybody making any decision about playing in the NBA can be called a coward.

    Soft I think is a better term, and KD's move certainly can be called soft. He didn't want to do it the hard way any more.

    Supposedly Horford chose to not come to OKC when Russ wouldn't offer any assurance he'd re-sign. Russ didn't go to the OKC meeting with KD. Russ didn't offer any assurances to KD. Essentially Russ pushed the button to blow up OKC. Once that was done KD was likely to go, and the ONLY reason to not go to GS at that point was the opinions of a small number of fans who would complain about KD joining too good a team. KD has never been one to think of the minority fans opinion first. I think most of us presented with the same options would make the same choice and choose GS.
    Which is the reason why he left OKC...

    "Didn't like playing with RWB."
    "Took way too many contested shots."
    He took the easy way out ====== Doesn't want to endure going up against a better team in the Warriors.

    Which part isn't cowardly? Every part of it as defined by you spells COWARD.

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,768
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettosean View Post
    I see the difference in what they left but the end result in the teams they formed are almost identical...
    LMFAO. Only if you're a supreme hater. Its not even close to the same thing, Miami wasn't **** without Bron. They played at a .500 level in the minutes without him and Miami was massaging Wade's minutes/load. They had holes up and down the roster that they couldn't fill, certainly not to the tune of a record breaking record core.

    They are locks to win the west with "almost" no competition. Regardless if you talk about Lebron joining the heat or cavs he was a lock from day one to win the east and make it to the finals.
    Make the Finals, what Durant just did should set him up for a DYNASTY, not just beating his conference. There is absolutely no comparison because this has never been done. Bron CREATED his super team, KD joined one. Say it with me bro, BRON CREATED HIS. KD JOINED ONE. Unprecedented pussification.

    The situations they left were different but as far as the teams they formed and and the competition they are about the face it's pretty much the samething.
    If that were true, the Heat wouldn't have struggled as often as they did in the minutes Bron didn't play, they certainly weren't breaking records before adding Bron. Nothing you say adds up because its not rooted in fact.

    Wake me up when the Heat break records and were on the verge or repeating as champs before Bron came around, then Ill understand why you think its similar, until then, I'll deal in reality.


    I could make a thread about the Cavs and the finals but you will counter it saying they don't have enough talent to win against Golden State... This year you'd probably be right though
    LMFAO, PROBABLY? WOW bro, ur quickly becoming a caricature of yourself. Of course I'd be right, just like I was when I correctly predicted that GS would be favored, you know, before Bron sent you on your pilgrimage.

Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •