Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

July Game Thread Discussion

July Game Thread Discussion

VS

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

Gerrit Cole is making a rehab appearance down in Indy today. Elias Diaz is on a rehab assignment down in Bradenton. Voglesong is scheduled to pitch a sim game some time this week with Cervelli catching him. For the most part guys are getting healthy.

Of course to counter that there is this: Jameson Taillon was placed on the 15 day DL today and Steve Brault was recalled to make the start tonight (his major league debut). To make room on the 40 man roster Jacob Stallings has been DFA'd.

**** Kang is in trouble

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    **** Kang is in trouble

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Certainly doesn't sound good. I'm going to hold off saying really anything else because at this point there isn't much to say. For so many reasons I hope the allegations are false but of course as of right now there is really no way to take much of a stance here.

I feel the Pirates have little choice except to keep playing him and stick to their line of saying they are going to let the investigation take its course. If more comes out then of course action will be required. As for now though I'm going to stay relatively quiet about this.

Tyler Glasnow is reportedly coming up this weekend. No more specifics as of yet. Early guesses are he is either taking Niese's turn as he returned to Pittsburgh to get his knee looked at or he will be essentially replacing Brault by making a start and pushing everyone back a day.

Glasnow is going to debut tomorrow and everyone will be pushed back a day. That means Kuhl on Friday, Liriano on Saturday and tentatively Niese on Sunday. Niese has a knee injury so there is a chance he might not be ready to go. If he isn't I'd presume one of Brault or Cole would make that start.

Glasnow has been called up and Lobstein optioned back to AAA. I had a small bit of doubt that would be move after the bullpen was forced to throw 5 innings last night but figured it was still the likely one.

Some speculation that Josh Bell is going to be called up today. Makes some sense. The Pirates have no reason not to send Glasnow back down to the minor leagues and don't really have a pitcher to call up so why not call up the highest upside bat you have.

Bell up, Glasnow down. However no Bell in the lineup and it sounds as if he will only be here the weekend and will serve as a bat off the bench.

The Pirates have announced their rotation for the upcoming weekend series against the Nationals as Liriano-Cole-Kuhl. No word on who will occupy the last two spots at the moment.

Taillion has been activated from the DL to start tonight and Chad Kuhl has been optioned to AAA to make room (this seems to imply that Glasnow will be coming up Saturday). Also Francisco Cervelli has been activated from the DL and Erik Kratz has been DFA'd to make room on the roster for him.

John Jaso, 1B
    Gregory Polanco, RF
    Andrew McCutchen, CF
    Starling Marte, LF
    David Freese, 3B
    Francisco Cervelli, C
    Josh Harrison, 2B
    Jordy Mercer, SS
    Jameson Taillion, P

Another day, another player removed from the DL. Elias Diaz was taken off the 60 day DL today and optioned to AAA (he took Erik Kratz's spot on the 40 man roster). Pirates are going with a different looking lineup tonight.

Gregory Polanco, RF
    Starling Marte, LF
    Andrew McCutchen ,CF
    David Freese, 3B
    Francisco Cervelli, C
    Jung-Ho Kang, 3B
    Josh Harrison, 2B
    Jordy Mercer, SS
    Jeff Locke, P

Really need a series win tonight. Lineup once again has a slightly different look.

Frazier, 2B
    Polanco, RF
    McCutchen, CF
    Marte, LF
    Freese, 3B
    Jaso, 1B
    Mercer, SS
    Fryer, C
    Liriano, P

When I first glanced at the lineup I assumed the Pirates must be facing a lefty but then I looked closer and realized they couldn't be. Anyway the lineup is a bit weird but I guess we shall see if it works.

Mercer, SS
    Polanco, RF
    McCutchen, CF
    Marte, LF
    Jaso, 1B
    Cervelli, C
    Kang, 3B
    Harrison, 2B
    Cole, P

both glasnaw and kuhl yesterday. to arm problems stay tuned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast