Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 487 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 7301
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    9,825
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky006 View Post
    Anyone here any more on the the possibility of the Lakers trading for Cousins? I read that article and I can't figure out if it is BS or not.
    In Mitch's latest press conference, he said its unlikely they will aquire veteran player through trade, will get them via free agency. Smart move.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    18
    Possible trade with Kings:

    Lakers get Cousins + Gay (dumping salary)
    Kings get Russell + Williams + Young

    Lakers sing in free agency Conley + Chalmers + Affalo + Bass

    Conley / Chalmers
    Clarkson / Affalo
    Gay / Ingram
    Randle / Nance
    Cousins / Zubac / Bass

    nice team but we still "miss" a team leader

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    34,907
    Quote Originally Posted by newlaker1971 View Post
    Possible trade with Kings:

    Lakers get Cousins + Gay (dumping salary)
    Kings get Russell + Williams + Young

    Lakers sing in free agency Conley + Chalmers + Affalo + Bass

    Conley / Chalmers
    Clarkson / Affalo
    Gay / Ingram
    Randle / Nance
    Cousins / Zubac / Bass

    nice team but we still "miss" a team leader
    Let's take your trade and we will probably need to add a player like Nance too.

    Near Max's for Conley, Batum, and sign a player like Noah or Gasol would be amazing on this team.

    Cousins
    Randle
    Ingram
    Batum/Clarkson
    Conley/Clarkson

    Fill out your roster from here.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    10,437
    Quote Originally Posted by newlaker1971 View Post
    Possible trade with Kings:

    Lakers get Cousins + Gay (dumping salary)
    Kings get Russell + Williams + Young

    Lakers sing in free agency Conley + Chalmers + Affalo + Bass

    Conley / Chalmers
    Clarkson / Affalo
    Gay / Ingram
    Randle / Nance
    Cousins / Zubac / Bass

    nice team but we still "miss" a team leader
    Do you know who mike Conley is?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,478
    If Russ is really the guy Divac wants he better have an offer ready July 1st cause if MK messes around and signs a C there's no way Divac gets Russ.

    Pressure is on Divac, we can just let the young guys play. We got them for at least 6 years.

    Divac gots to this seasons TD to get a good deal for Cousins. From there on out offers will only get smaller unless some other GM bails him out in the last minute.

  6. 06-26-2016, 11:26 AM

  7. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,887
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    If Russ is really the guy Divac wants he better have an offer ready July 1st cause if MK messes around and signs a C there's no way Divac gets Russ.

    Pressure is on Divac, we can just let the young guys play. We got them for at least 6 years.

    Divac gots to this seasons TD to get a good deal for Cousins. From there on out offers will only get smaller unless some other GM bails him out in the last minute.
    I don't get why people want to gut the team for Cousins. Sacremento has been one of the worst 8 teams since he was drafted in 2010. That to me proves he can't lead a team, unless we have a team with 2 all-stars on it then there's no point in trading for him.

  8. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    5,140
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    I don't get why people want to gut the team for Cousins. Sacremento has been one of the worst 8 teams since he was drafted in 2010. That to me proves he can't lead a team, unless we have a team with 2 all-stars on it then there's no point in trading for him.
    I prefer to keep the team young, and I don't like Cousins for a lot of reason.

    However, if the Kings really had a jones for Russell, and we could trade Russell plus future picks plus filler for a dominant center who was only 27, I think we have to make that deal.

    I agree about all of the red flags, but I think Luke is the kind of coach who could find a way to make Cousins productive without being a team cancer. Not sure bet, obviously, but worth a chance.

    We've got Ingram, we've got a bunch of other young players, but we're missing that presence in the post. One thing the Lakers have done historically in that situation is go out and get a big man. If Boogie is available, and the only current key asset we have to give up is Russell, I think we have to think very hard about making that deal.

    (I don't like giving up a lot of future draft picks, but we've mined the draft about as well as we could during our tanking years. While we won't make the playoffs next year, we certainly aren't going to be picking in the top 5 or maybe even top 10, so our draft picks will have less value. And with Boogie that value would drop even more.)

  9. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,478
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    I don't get why people want to gut the team for Cousins. Sacremento has been one of the worst 8 teams since he was drafted in 2010. That to me proves he can't lead a team, unless we have a team with 2 all-stars on it then there's no point in trading for him.
    I never said anything about "gutting" the roster for Cousins. In fact I've been against trading 2 of our young guys for him as I am now. I said Russell only.

    I've mentioned numerous of times how he's a loser. He's a great talent but not a winner. And honestly, I'm not a fan of his game. He's too ball dominant for a C, I wouldn't mind if he was down low but he be playing on the wing like a guard.

    And I've also mentioned that before I would take on Cousins I would have to have a better player then him.

    But if our only real asset we would have to give up is Russell I would definitely consider it. Like I said in my prior post it would have to be Divac to present a deal, he's the one under pressure, our guys will be tied up for at least 6-7 years.

    Nothing to do with topic but I think Sac should look into trading Gay to Pho for Bledsoe.

  10. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,887
    I expect us to have a season where we win around 35 games. If Sacramento are trading Cousins, some team like Boston will give up whatever they need to get him. I don't think that's the move for us. We need a leader who can take our young players to the next level. I would much rather invest in our culture than a player who is really good but won't lead you anywhere.

  11. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,887
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I never said anything about "gutting" the roster for Cousins. In fact I've been against trading 2 of our young guys for him as I am now. I said Russell only.

    I've mentioned numerous of times how he's a loser. He's a great talent but not a winner. And honestly, I'm not a fan of his game. He's too ball dominant for a C, I wouldn't mind if he was down low but he be playing on the wing like a guard.

    And I've also mentioned that before I would take on Cousins I would have to have a better player then him.

    But if our only real asset we would have to give up is Russell I would definitely consider it. Like I said in my prior post it would have to be Divac to present a deal, he's the one under pressure, our guys will be tied up for at least 6-7 years.

    Nothing to do with topic but I think Sac should look into trading Gay to Pho for Bledsoe.
    I wasn't specifically singling you out, just generally commenting on Cousins as an addition to your post.

  12. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by newlaker1971 View Post
    Possible trade with Kings:

    Lakers get Cousins + Gay (dumping salary)
    Kings get Russell + Williams + Young

    Lakers sing in free agency Conley + Chalmers + Affalo + Bass

    Conley / Chalmers
    Clarkson / Affalo
    Gay / Ingram
    Randle / Nance
    Cousins / Zubac / Bass

    nice team but we still "miss" a team leader
    Sorry, but this is probably the worst trade possible for us. With Conley, Gay and Cousins on the team Ingram/JC/Randle will never reach their full potential. We would have a chance to make the playoffs with this team for multiple years, but with Russell-JC-Ingram-Randle in a couple of years we WILL make the playoffs for multiple years.

    Also, poor Luke if he has to coach a player like Cousins in his first year.

  13. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bi-Winning. I win here and I win there.
    Posts
    8,253
    If the Durant for someone chose the Clippers, they would have to trade one of their guys. I am assuming they would look to get rid of Griffin. I wonder if we could make a deal where we send them young players and they send us Griffin. They don't have the cap room to sign Durant outright.

  14. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,478
    Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    If the Durant for someone chose the Clippers, they would have to trade one of their guys. I am assuming they would look to get rid of Griffin. I wonder if we could make a deal where we send them young players and they send us Griffin. They don't have the cap room to sign Durant outright.
    OKC needs BG. He's there hometown boy.

    If OKC hadn't lucked out on KD & Westy they would've been as irrelevant as the Bucks.

    With BG & WB they will still be a solid team. Probably not a true contender but very good team.

  15. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bi-Winning. I win here and I win there.
    Posts
    8,253
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    OKC needs BG. He's there hometown boy.

    If OKC hadn't lucked out on KD & Westy they would've been as irrelevant as the Bucks.

    With BG & WB they will still be a solid team. Probably not a true contender but very good team.
    I know they need him, but the Clippers would be better off trading Griffin to a team that could absorb his contract while being able to send someone talented on a rookie deal. If I was the Clippers I would ask for Randle and future first. Then sign KD outright.

  16. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,478
    Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    I know they need him, but the Clippers would be better off trading Griffin to a team that could absorb his contract while being able to send someone talented on a rookie deal. If I was the Clippers I would ask for Randle and future first. Then sign KD outright.
    OK that makes sense and it would work but is KD the type of player to leave OKC high and dry like that?

    I think KD would rather do the (S/T) though to get the 5th year of the contract. $40 million He loses that if he just signs.

Page 4 of 487 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •