Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 488 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Not necessarily who I wanted, just the fact that other teams are getting better and we're basically a sh1t of an organization since the CP3 veto trade. 4 years and counting without being a relevant team plus 3-5 more during the "development era".
    Indy has gotten better. Any improvement they can make is good cause they got a top 10 player so any help is good.

Utah also but they still a middle of the pack team. They've gone from top 10 - 12 in the West to top 9 - 11.

Its arguable if NY got better.

And that's it.

PG was never getting traded. Butler couldn't get Chi in the playoffs in the East so we supposed to give bout every asset we got to get him? If we get him we get KD? I haven't heard anything about KD thinking about going to Chi cause Butler is there.

Cousins even worse. Hasn't even gotten close to the playoffs in 5 years but we suppose to trade everyone for him?

Everyone is trying to rape right now. Best deals are right before the trading deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Indy has gotten better. Any improvement they can make is good cause they got a top 10 player so any help is good.

Utah also but they still a middle of the pack team. They've gone from top 10 - 12 in the West to top 9 - 11.

Its arguable if NY got better.

And that's it.

PG was never getting traded. Butler couldn't get Chi in the playoffs in the East so we supposed to give bout every asset we got to get him? If we get him we get KD? I haven't heard anything about KD thinking about going to Chi cause Butler is there.

Cousins even worse. Hasn't even gotten close to the playoffs in 5 years but we suppose to trade everyone for him?

Everyone is trying to rape right now. Best deals are right before the trading deadline.
    yet we still sit as the worst team in the conference. while you shoot everything down. MK/Jim are probably telling themselves the same thing as they sit in the office twiddling thumbs, hopefully starting to pack up their belongings and turn the organization over to some people who can get us back to contention.

sounding like philly fans in here. content to suck ***.

its a shame that we are so irrelevant nowadays that casual fans cant name 2 people on our team. and if they can, its Russell and nick young because of the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayb587 View Post
    yet we still sit as the worst team in the conference. while you shoot everything down. MK/Jim are probably telling themselves the same thing as they sit in the office twiddling thumbs, hopefully starting to pack up their belongings and turn the organization over to some people who can get us back to contention.

sounding like philly fans in here. content to suck ***.

its a shame that we are so irrelevant nowadays that casual fans cant name 2 people on our team. and if they can, its Russell and nick young because of the drama.
    Before revenue sharing the NBA was made up of the haves and the have nots financially. The Lakers were the haves. They could afford to pay more then other teams cause they made the money while most teams were losing money. The Lakers took advantage of them times.

We ain't in those times any more. The NBA not only has revenue sharing now but also a salary cap and this CBA is set up for a drafting team to hold onto their players for at least 7 years.

Look at the top teams now and see how they got their top players:

Cleveland- drafted LBJ & Irving
    GS - drafted Curry, Thompson & Green
    OKC - drafted KD, Westbrook & Ibaka
    SA - drafted Leonard, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili
    LA - drafted Griffen & Jordan
    Indy - drafted George

If not drafted they were traded for as rookies.

Other then that Miami bit (which was the players wanting to play together, Riley/Miami were just the beneficiaries) teams are built through the draft.

As for the Boston big 3 I believe that was the last year of the old CBA.

I'm sure if MK can assemble a big 3 he would. If he hasn't done it it isn't from lack of trying. He's shooting for a championship team, not just trying to make the Lakers "relivent" like some want.

With this current CBA being stuck in the middle is the worst place to be. You complain cause we've been last in our conference the last 2 years but I bet there's at least 20 teams that would rather be in the Lakers position right now.

Whether players/fans admit it or not it sucked for them with their teams peaking in the LBJ era. We gonna be good really soon. I don't expect the FO to sit and wait for these kids to develop, that's never been the Lakers way.

But it also hasn't been the Lakers way to let other teams GMs dictate how deals go down. Also not the Lakers way to trade just for the sake of making a trade.

Before revenue sharing the NBA was made up of the haves and the have nots financially. The Lakers were the haves. They could afford to pay more then other teams cause they made the money while most teams were losing money. The Lakers took advantage of them times.

We ain't in those times any more. The NBA not only has revenue sharing now but also a salary cap and this CBA is set up for a drafting team to hold onto their players for at least 7 years.

Indy - drafted George

Other then that Miami bit (which was the players wanting to play together, Riley/Miami were just the beneficiaries) teams are built through the draft.

I'm sure if MK can assemble a big 3 he would. If he hasn't done it it isn't from lack of trying. He's shooting for a championship team, not just trying to make the Lakers "relivent" like some want.

With this current CBA being stuck in the middle is the worst place to be. You complain cause we've been last in our conference the last 2 years but I bet there's at least 20 teams that would rather be in the Lakers position right now.

Whether players/fans admit it or not it sucked for them with their teams peaking in the LBJ era. We gonna be good really soon. I don't expect the FO to sit and wait for these kids to develop, that's never been the Lakers way.

But it also hasn't been the Lakers way to let other teams GMs dictate how deals go down. Also not the Lakers way to trade just for the sake of making a trade.
    all nonsense to me. I could care less how other teams got good. how are WE going to get good? there are not 20 teams in the league who secretly wish to be bottom 2 worst team in the league. nonsense. MK/JIM cant assemble anything because no one respects them anymore and they are clowns running the franchise into the ground. You say he wont sit and wait for the kids to develop yet everything you post points to the fact that that's exactly what you want him to do. they aren't even that good to begin with. IF MK was really trying to do something big, we would be hearing about it. that's my main issue, we hear nothing, because he's not behind the scenes doing much of anything but waiting for a miracle. Phil just made a trade that could make them major players in free agency and in the eastern conference. AND he drafted a better player in the draft than MK. talking aobut MK doesn't want mediocrity LMAO. after I just read that he will make a major push for al horford, you are completely wrong. Horford is the epitome of mediocrity. go ahead and sink 25 mill into this clown and you will see mediocrity next year.

we heard that the lakers we were interested in PG13, the hell was that???? did they even make an offer????? where did that go?????

make your own damn miracle or GTFO MK. he's a useless clown, him and JIM, until proven otherwise.

Indy - drafted George

He left CLE tho and then came back, had he stayed in CLE his entire career, there wouldn't be an Irving on the team. Also, this may be how teams build their championship contenders but the Lakers have almost always used a combination of drafting players and trading for them. So, I don't believe we will ever win with the roster we have right now so I do fully expect us to either sign 1 or 2 big FA's or trade for 1 and sign 1 whether it's this summer or next.
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

He left CLE tho and then came back, had he stayed in CLE his entire career, there wouldn't be an Irving on the team. Also, this may be how teams build their championship contenders but the Lakers have almost always used a combination of drafting players and trading for them. So, I don't believe we will ever win with the roster we have right now so I do fully expect us to either sign 1 or 2 big FA's or trade for 1 and sign 1 whether it's this summer or next.
    more then likely trade for one. MK/Jim seem to have 0 relationships with the stars of today. atleast not enough to actually get one to outright sign here. Maybe in Kobes day they could pull strings but that days are long gone. as is the lakers influence in the league.

maybe after another horrid season he will finally wake up and realize this roster aint worth a damn. and he wont be winning anything with it.

all nonsense to me. I could care less how other teams got good. how are WE going to get good? there are not 20 teams in the league who secretly wish to be bottom 2 worst team in the league. nonsense. MK/JIM cant assemble anything because no one respects them anymore and they are clowns running the franchise into the ground. You say he wont sit and wait for the kids to develop yet everything you post points to the fact that that's exactly what you want him to do. they aren't even that good to begin with. IF MK was really trying to do something big, we would be hearing about it. that's my main issue, we hear nothing, because he's not behind the scenes doing much of anything but waiting for a miracle. Phil just made a trade that could make them major players in free agency and in the eastern conference. AND he drafted a better player in the draft than MK. talking aobut MK doesn't want mediocrity LMAO. after I just read that he will make a major push for al horford, you are completely wrong. Horford is the epitome of mediocrity. go ahead and sink 25 mill into this clown and you will see mediocrity next year.

we heard that the lakers we were interested in PG13, the hell was that???? did they even make an offer????? where did that go?????

make your own damn miracle or GTFO MK. he's a useless clown, him and JIM, until proven otherwise.
    LMFAO...

So I make 1 statement saying that the Lakers shouldn't jump to any deal just for the sake of making a deal and unless a "good" trade comes their way they should stay with the youth movement UNTIL that trade comes along. So now EVERYTHING I post suggests that I want the to stay with the youngsters? LOL

You praising PJs trade for Rose but just about every real NBA mind (analyst) are ripping it cause it will hinder KPs development. He will never see the ball now. But you think they will be major players in the Eastern conference. Okay, I'll give you that one if that's all you aspire for - to be a major player in the Eastern conference.

You mock the teams desire to go after Horford but he's better then any player that got traded today. Not sure but I don't think he's missed the playoffs his entire career and you call him a bum but you think Cousins is some kind of Lakers savior but he has yet to even come close to even smelling the playoffs. Go figure.

I'm sure the Lakers were/are interested in PG. I'm also sure they are also interested in AD, Westy, Steph and so on. It doesn't matter if they aren't being traded. But you mad cause you don't hear anything? Cause MK is putting his trade discussions on speaker phone with you? LOL

I agree with you that the Lakers have always used trades to get back into contention but before last years lottery what assets did they have. Before the last lottery alls we had is JC on an under $1 million contract and JR coming back from missing the season. Then they moved up to #2 and that was their best asset. Since last lottery what player has been traded that the Lakers should've tried to jump on? I don't know of a single player that I'm hurting for that has gotten traded since last lottery.

There's still plenty of time to make a deal or deals. Making the right deal is gonna get us back on top, not making the 1st deal. You said it, if not this summer next summer.

I agree with you that the Lakers have always used trades to get back into contention but before last years lottery what assets did they have. Before the last lottery alls we had is JC on an under $1 million contract and JR coming back from missing the season. Then they moved up to #2 and that was their best asset. Since last lottery what player has been traded that the Lakers should've tried to jump on? I don't know of a single player that I'm hurting for that has gotten traded since last lottery.

There's still plenty of time to make a deal or deals. Making the right deal is gonna get us back on top, not making the 1st deal. You said it, if not this summer next summer.
    Well all I gotta say it's coming sooner rather than later. Cant see the FO wait 3-5 more years. I seriously think they're going to keep everyone for at least one year together and then evaluate the players by next offseason and see where they go from there. I hope KD re-signs with OKC for 1 year which would give us more time to persuade him or whoever in 2017.
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Draft Ingram Trade him to the team that draft Dunn, Trade Russell, Randle to Chicago for Jimmy Butler

Whitside
    Derick Williams, Nance
    KD, ??, Swaggy
    Butler, Williams
    Dunn, Clarkson

Could we do a sign and trade with Philly.... JC for Noel?

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Draft Ingram Trade him to the team that draft Dunn, Trade Russell, Randle to Chicago for Jimmy Butler

Whitside
    Derick Williams, Nance
    KD, ??, Swaggy
    Butler, Williams
    Dunn, Clarkson
    Why would you trade a guy everyone is saying that he and simmons are so far in front of everyone else, for a guy the Celtics are desperately trying to trade their pick to stay away from? And by the way have been turned down by four different teams. Even if you don't like Ingram you draft him because he has the highest trade value. Wouldn't it be easier to trade for Butler with a better prospect over a 22 year old?

more then likely trade for one. MK/Jim seem to have 0 relationships with the stars of today. atleast not enough to actually get one to outright sign here. Maybe in Kobes day they could pull strings but that days are long gone. as is the lakers influence in the league.

maybe after another horrid season he will finally wake up and realize this roster aint worth a damn. and he wont be winning anything with it.
    Which is part of the plan to screw over both Orlando and Philly out of their top 5 picks when we do pay them. So enjoy those 2nd rounders Orlando, and enjoy a low first round pick Philly. HA HA.

14. 06-23-2016, 10:56 AM
    Reason
    insults

Well if you want all star players you have to build a team first. Plus Horford brings in leadership so we need that. Plus 17 has better free agents anyways.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Well all I gotta say it's coming sooner rather than later. Cant see the FO wait 3-5 more years. I seriously think they're going to keep everyone for at least one year together and then evaluate the players by next offseason and see where they go from there. I hope KD re-signs with OKC for 1 year which would give us more time to persuade him or whoever in 2017.
    Yeah. See how the guys develop individually, play together, chemistry, how they fit with what Luke will do. If enough progress is made by all the youngsters in those departments by the end of the season and they aren't offered any crazy trades, then they'll likely keep them together. If a player or two aren't where you'd like for them to be, then you sit down with the other FO personnel and make a decision.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Page 2 of 488 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast