Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 390 of 473 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 7092
    Just looking post-lottery for a trade down scenario. PHI have 6 picks - WTF! They’ll be active on the trade market and/or will stash a heap OS.

Anyway, ATL have 4 picks - 3 in the first and 1 in the 2nd. Would it be prudent to downtrade 25 for 30 and 33? At that point the players aren’t that different and we would get another selection (along with 47) to improve our chances of another Kuzma/Hart/Clarkson/Nance success story.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    Just looking post-lottery for a trade down scenario. PHI have 6 picks - WTF! They’ll be active on the trade market and/or will stash a heap OS.

Anyway, ATL have 4 picks - 3 in the first and 1 in the 2nd. Would it be prudent to downtrade 25 for 30 and 33? At that point the players aren’t that different and we would get another selection (along with 47) to improve our chances of another Kuzma/Hart/Clarkson/Nance success story.
    It wouldnt hurt, im even all for trading our two picks if it means getting rid of Deng I mean we did trade away Mozgov at last years draft. I think a team who's rebuilding would do that trade, they get two picks where they can develop their youth while in taking a 2 year deal which wouldnt hurt them much during their rebuilding/tanking process.

It's really hard to say till draft day imo. Who knows, maybe a spec that the lakers had going top 15 falls to them at 25. They'd probably pick that guy up in a heart beat. But if their board looks similar at that point, around 25,as it is around 30 then yes it'd be very beneficial imo.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Does Brandon ingram make the list or was he just born with those eyes

Good eye JD. To date he doesn't have any crackhead tendencies, pothead without a doubt. But I will be keeping my eye on him. Will keep you posted if anything develops.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Good eye JD. To date he doesn't have any crackhead tendencies, pothead without a doubt. But I will be keeping my eye on him. Will keep you posted if anything develops.
    Hot take:

Magic is trying to bring in all the crack heads so he can get high off their supply.

Your baby can't do this

Hot take:

Magic is trying to bring in all the crack heads so he can get high off their supply.

Idawg is gonna cream his pants. Here comes Beasley and Okafor

Where is Idawg?

According to draftnet we would be able to get 2 guys that are mostly talked about here by trading down, Wagner & Svi. I like the idea. Metu is also still on the board

According to draftnet we would be able to get 2 guys that are mostly talked about here by trading down, Wagner & Svi. I like the idea. Metu is also still on the board
    Mewtu? Isn't that a Pokémon. Fuq.. I'm down

Your baby can't do this

This actually raises an interesting question for me about the draft. Are teams compelled to sign players they draft? I've heard of players refusing to sign with teams after being drafted but does the converse ever happen? I know the picks can be traded, sold etc.. However, hypothetically, if Philly had say 14 players under contract through next year and 6 draft picks, what would happen if they actually used all 6 picks? They couldn't carry a roster of 20 players. Even if they had two players on two way contracts, they couldn't carry 18 players. Can a team use their draft pick but not actually sign the player? What happens in that scenario?

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!

Depends on how the draft goes, the Lakers should have a couple of guys they like still around at 25. The thing about trading back into the 30's is that there might be a team willing to sell you a pick like the Bulls did to the Warriors last draft, #38 for 3.5m. Teams are allowed to spend a certain amount of money on picks, the money does not have any effect on their cap.
    We have #47 in this draft thanks to the Nuggets. Maybe we can package it with $$$ to move up into the 30's or low 40's. I'm assuming that if you can sell picks, you can trade them for pick+$.

Quote Originally Posted by sdlakerfan View Post
    This actually raises an interesting question for me about the draft. Are teams compelled to sign players they draft? I've heard of players refusing to sign with teams after being drafted but does the converse ever happen? I know the picks can be traded, sold etc.. However, hypothetically, if Philly had say 14 players under contract through next year and 6 draft picks, what would happen if they actually used all 6 picks? They couldn't carry a roster of 20 players. Even if they had two players on two way contracts, they couldn't carry 18 players. Can a team use their draft pick but not actually sign the player? What happens in that scenario?
    Very common in every draft for teams to take a player and stash them. Usually happens to European players. 1st round picks salaries are guaranteed, 2nd rounders are not so teams can move on, put them on their G-League, have two of them on a two-way contract, etc

sig bet 7/2/18 - 8/2/18

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Depends on how the draft goes, the Lakers should have a couple of guys they like still around at 25. The thing about trading back into the 30's is that there might be a team willing to sell you a pick like the Bulls did to the Warriors last draft, #38 for 3.5m. Teams are allowed to spend a certain amount of money on picks, the money does not have any effect on their cap.
    We have #47 in this draft thanks to the Nuggets. Maybe we can package it with $$$ to move up into the 30's or low 40's. I'm assuming that if you can sell picks, you can trade them for pick+$.

Very common in every draft for teams to take a player and stash them. Usually happens to European players. 1st round picks salaries are guaranteed, 2nd rounders are not so teams can move on, put them on their G-League, have two of them on a two-way contract, etc
    I've heard of teams "stashing players" but are they actually signed to a contract with the NBA team during this time and if not, does the NBA team retain their rights? If you are a player taken by a team that won't sign you, aren't you able to try out for other teams as a walk on? I believe the only requirement to be able to try out as a walk on is that you went through the draft process?

Lol. Who's your top 5 crackheads in nba history? We should make a new thread about this. Lol

I got in no particular order

Kawhi
    Lamar
    Shawn Kemp
    Birdman
    David Thompson

Larry Sanders
    Rasheed Wallace
    Michael Beasley
    OJ Mayo
    White Chocolate

My fantasy Cannabis team.

Can't tell me you guys think weed is what gots Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley all ****ed up
    Lmao forreal forreal. I assume a lot of athletes smoke weed. Good ****. Lmao.

Weed dont do that to you. Weed wont ruin your life like that. I mean it can make you a bit lazy but that's about it lmao

Mewtu? Isn't that a Pokémon. Fuq.. I'm down

Haha fhuck yeah... I laughed way too hard at this.

This would be pretty dope

Although i really think we need a back up point guard much more than back up center/power forward.

There's not a whole lotta vets out there id want sadly, even though itd be nice to have a vet back up
    Last edited by LA4life24/8; 05-17-2018 at 11:46 AM.