Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

90's betting lines?

Where there any? I can't seem to find a record for them. Also were the Bulls the favorite in every series in the 90s?

i think the Bulls weren't favored in the 1991 finals. haven't seen the betting lines, but tv sports opinions thought the Lakers with Magic/Worthy had so much championship experience that they'd beat the bulls

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    i think the Bulls weren't favored in the 1991 finals. haven't seen the betting lines, but tv sports opinions thought the Lakers with Magic/Worthy had so much championship experience that they'd beat the bulls
    They certainly were favoured! People were shocked that the Lakers won any games at all.

When the Bulls swept the Pistons, who had swept the Lakers when Magic was in his prime and Kareem was still with the team, it made it abundantly clear to pretty much everybody and their dog that the Bulls were going to dominate, and as I recall, people were quit astounded when the Lakers managed to pull out a victory in game one, because most thought this would be a very lopsided series.

Magic was views as getting up there, Cooper and Kareem were retired... Vlade was not recognized as the player he would become (that series was a coming out party for him), and Byron Scott and AC Green has seen reduced production.

That team was not viewed as being very strong, and many were surprised they even made it to the finals. I recall most people picking Portland to repeat as conference champs.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.