Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Will We See A Trade Before The Deadline?

I'm not hearing any Pacers trade rumors or talk that they're looking so that can only mean one thing. Larry is going to make a trade before the deadline. I kind of break the players down in 3 categories. Most likely to stay, most likely to go, and those that are somewhere in between.

Most likely to stay: Paul George, Solomon Hill, George Hill, CJ Miles, Roy Hibbert, David west, Lavoy Allen

The middle: Ian Mahinmi, Damjan Rudez, Shane Whittington

Most likely to go: Chris Copeland, Luis Scola, Donald Sloan, Rodney Stuckey, CJ Watson

I think PG, Solo, and GHill are definitely a part of the Pacers future. I think Roy would be moved if the right deal came along, but his contract is a tough sell. I also think David West would be moved only if he was in agreement that he wants to finish his career with a contender.

The middle group are all decent contributors, but no one would lose sleep if they were included in a deal.

Copeland, Scola, Sloan, Stuckey, and Watson are all on the last year of their contracts and more than likely won't be back with the team next year. We all know how difficult it is to bring in free agents, so it wouldn't shock me at all to see these guys included in a deal.

If I had to put a percentage on it, I would say there is a 70% chance that Larry pulls the trigger on some sort of deal before the deadline. What do you guys think?

I don't see a big earth shaking move in the works, but I see Larry doing some light shopping with expiring contracts.

We are in a strange cap situation with West and Roy both having player options next year for something like a combined 27.5 million. So unless West opts out and wants us to sign him to a lower contract to help out and/or Roy does the same....we are looking at having right at the projections I've seen for the cap already tied up next year at 63 million. Now we can bring people like Lavoy back no problem with his bird rights, but getting new guys is going to be tricky.

The biggest thing I could see is us being in on, would be a 3 way trade like the NYK, OKC, CLE trade and most likely having to use west going to the team trying to dump cap and either also giving up a pick or taking back a bad contract along with something we want. That IMO would be the biggest earth shattering move we could make at the moment until we know what West and Roy are going to do with their options that are just a few million away from half the projected cap.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBabySlick View Post
    I'm not hearing any Pacers trade rumors or talk that they're looking so that can only mean one thing. Larry is going to make a trade before the deadline. I kind of break the players down in 3 categories. Most likely to stay, most likely to go, and those that are somewhere in between.

Most likely to stay: Paul George, Solomon Hill, George Hill, CJ Miles, Roy Hibbert, David west, Lavoy Allen

The middle: Ian Mahinmi, Damjan Rudez, Shane Whittington

Most likely to go: Chris Copeland, Luis Scola, Donald Sloan, Rodney Stuckey, CJ Watson

I think PG, Solo, and GHill are definitely a part of the Pacers future. I think Roy would be moved if the right deal came along, but his contract is a tough sell. I also think David West would be moved only if he was in agreement that he wants to finish his career with a contender.

The middle group are all decent contributors, but no one would lose sleep if they were included in a deal.

Copeland, Scola, Sloan, Stuckey, and Watson are all on the last year of their contracts and more than likely won't be back with the team next year. We all know how difficult it is to bring in free agents, so it wouldn't shock me at all to see these guys included in a deal.

If I had to put a percentage on it, I would say there is a 70% chance that Larry pulls the trigger on some sort of deal before the deadline. What do you guys think?

Please trade Hibbert. i really don't care if anyone else is moved. Trading him is a huge step in right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    Please trade Hibbert. i really don't care if anyone else is moved. Trading him is a huge step in right direction.
    You shouldn't have said that! matthollabak is gonna get you now!

You shouldn't have said that! matthollabak is gonna get you now!
    Have you not read my posts the past year? I've said multiple times Roy and Vogel can't coexist, because Vogel doesn't know how to use big men and Roy can't do anything in a run and gun chuck and duck offense. Vogel got a contract extension...so Roy is most likely gone. Now if we don't get any post player in return we are in serious trouble of losing PG maybe before his contract is up because we aren't going to be a contender. the reason I leave him out of trade mentions...is that no one has 15 million in cap space to eat, and I really hope we don't take on 15 million worth of contracts unless they are expiring...and unless someone really wants a big man why would they offer a package of post players and expiring contracts when in return they would be getting a higher paid big man?

The only thing I do point out, is that without Roy or someone like him (Centers capable on both ends is not something remotely close to common) we have no leg up in the conference. The team everyone wants here is Cleveland which is under .500 which includes what everyone thought was going to be the best trade in the NBA in Love getting benched multiple times because he cannot guard the post nor score in it. They want PG to play the Lebron part, they want a stud point and a soft stretch 4. If we can't go to the post...which vogel doesn't do anyway, then we are under manned trying to play a style that the conference has better individual talent at, and both of us will be dominated by teams like Chicago and probably whoever we would trade roy to if he stayed in the East. If you don't agree with me...look at what happened once roy was ejected against one of the worst teams in the league and we had a lead.

The things I usually jump on people are when they ask why Roy only scored 2 points when they only got him the ball 4 times, or why when he has 4-5 blocks does he only get 6-8 rebounds? That is just me pointing out their lack of basketball knowledge. If you are altering and blocking shots all day, you aren't going to be in rebounding position. If you don't get the ball to take shots....you aren't going to score. These are common sense things I keep seeing people not grasp.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 01-16-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Have you not read my posts the past year? I've said multiple times Roy and Vogel can't coexist, because Vogel doesn't know how to use big men and Roy can't do anything in a run and gun chuck and duck offense. Vogel got a contract extension...so Roy is most likely gone. Now if we don't get any post player in return we are in serious trouble of losing PG maybe before his contract is up because we aren't going to be a contender. the reason I leave him out of trade mentions...is that no one has 15 million in cap space to eat, and I really hope we don't take on 15 million worth of contracts unless they are expiring...and unless someone really wants a big man why would they offer a package of post players and expiring contracts when in return they would be getting a higher paid big man?

The only thing I do point out, is that without Roy or someone like him (Centers capable on both ends is not something remotely close to common) we have no leg up in the conference. The team everyone wants here is Cleveland which is under .500 which includes what everyone thought was going to be the best trade in the NBA in Love getting benched multiple times because he cannot guard the post nor score in it. They want PG to play the Lebron part, they want a stud point and a soft stretch 4. If we can't go to the post...which vogel doesn't do anyway, then we are under manned trying to play a style that the conference has better individual talent at, and both of us will be dominated by teams like Chicago and probably whoever we would trade roy to if he stayed in the East. If you don't agree with me...look at what happened once roy was ejected against one of the worst teams in the league and we had a lead.

The things I usually jump on people are when they ask why Roy only scored 2 points when they only got him the ball 4 times, or why when he has 4-5 blocks does he only get 6-8 rebounds? That is just me pointing out their lack of basketball knowledge. If you are altering and blocking shots all day, you aren't going to be in rebounding position. If you don't get the ball to take shots....you aren't going to score. These are common sense things I keep seeing people not grasp.
    Just messing with you

Just messing with you
    Ahh....I just hate it when people skim my posts and then make assumptions.

The middle: Ian Mahinmi
    Contributor? Mahinmi is a total garbage player. If Pacers could trade him that would be great!
    I hate to see Lavoy Allen sitting on the bench. I know he is a PF. But also a much better center than Mahinmi. I mean I don't want anything in return. Just trade Mahinmi! This team would be better without him.

^I've liked what I have seen from Allen at center so far...the dude crashes the boards almost every play. Originally thought he was a PF but after seeing his jump shot I think he is best suited at center.

I'll just say i'm not expecting any mega trades but I wouldn't be surprised to see a small move involving one of copeland or scola. Overall though, I'm not expecting any deals.

#iubb

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Killer View Post
    Contributor? Mahinmi is a total garbage player. If Pacers could trade him that would be great!
    I hate to see Lavoy Allen sitting on the bench. I know he is a PF. But also a much better center than Mahinmi. I mean I don't want anything in return. Just trade Mahinmi! This team would be better without him.
    Yes, contributor. Mahinmi's numbers are 4.8 ppg, 5.9 rpg, .6 bpg at 18.1 minutes. Lavoy's numbers are 6.8 ppg, 6.9 rpg, .8 bpg at 22.1 minutes.

I love Lavoy Allen, but those numbers aren't very different at all. I love Lavoy's rebounding ability and hussle. Plus he brings more of an offensive game than Mahinmi, but I still see him as more of a PF than a center.

This is the type of move I would like to see: DWest/Stuckey or Sloan for Perkins/Reggie Jackson.

OKC doesn't lose Jackson for nothing and gets a big that will actually contribute. Indy gets out of the last year of West's deal and has the opportunity to re-sign Jackson next year. West gets to play for a contender this year and next. Next year Pacers either start both GHill and Jackson at the 1 and 2, move Hill in a separate deal or don't re-sign Jackson.

This is the type of move I would like to see: DWest/Stuckey or Sloan for Perkins/Reggie Jackson.

OKC doesn't lose Jackson for nothing and gets a big that will actually contribute. Indy gets out of the last year of West's deal and has the opportunity to re-sign Jackson next year. West gets to play for a contender this year and next. Next year Pacers either start both GHill and Jackson at the 1 and 2, move Hill in a separate deal or don't re-sign Jackson.

Jackson is a star in waiting at pg. Will not be gotten so easily or else he would of been traded by now. Id LOVE to have him and extend him. Be a huge upgrade and give us the Robin to our Batman. Just doubt he would come so cheaply.

Lucks on our side

Quote Originally Posted by Colts2180 View Post
    Jackson is a star in waiting at pg. Will not be gotten so easily or else he would of been traded by now. Id LOVE to have him and extend him. Be a huge upgrade and give us the Robin to our Batman. Just doubt he would come so cheaply.
    That may be true, but I don't see many teams out there in need of a starting PG that can offer much better. Philly, Milwaukee, or Detroit may be interested, but I don't think they could offer a better package. David West could spot up and shoot warm up jumpers all day long on that team!

That may be true, but I don't see many teams out there in need of a starting PG that can offer much better. Philly, Milwaukee, or Detroit may be interested, but I don't think they could offer a better package. David West could spot up and shoot warm up jumpers all day long on that team!
    The only issue I see with the west trade, is that Perkins right now for them is about 9.5m expiring while West I believes has an option for 12...I think it is player option. So they would be trading away Perkins' guaranteed cap relief plus Jackson's something like 2.5-3 (don't know exact numbers) for a possible relief in West and a one year rental in Stucky. They might as well just let them expire unless they think the Combo of West and Stucky over Perkins and Jackson gives them a better shot of a title right now. Unless we threw in a draft pick I don't see any reason for OKC to make a trade like this unless either Jackson is becoming a locker room problem since Waiters came in or we throw in a draft pick, which it would have to be something other than this years.

Bucks already have RFA's in Knight and Middleton to deal with this summer. Also UFA Marshall if we decide to bring him back. He is close friends with Henson as well. Bucks do have a lot of cap though. But not many rosters spots. Most likely look like same team as this season other then a first round pick added.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast