Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Draft

Who do folks want pacers to draft??

Might be a touch high but really like Ullis

Ulis is said to have a serious hip injury and is falling down draft boards. I really really want Thon Maker. His upside is huge.

Lucks on our side

Was unaware of that, would be fine with thon.

I'm crossing my fingers for Dejounte Murray from Washington.

LAKERS FAN HERE:

Trade you lou, young, randle & 32 for 20 & M. Turner....

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCaliFan View Post
    LAKERS FAN HERE:

Trade you lou, young, randle & 32 for 20 & M. Turner....
    So do you want to trade 4 pieces of bear **** for a hundred dollar bill?

Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    So do you want to trade 4 pieces of bear **** for a hundred dollar bill?
    randles numbers were just as M. Turner pretty much. you get lou who 10+ppg scorer. You get young who can be a 12+ppg scorer. and you still get a pick. or just keep the 20 n we keep ours at 32.. thats even.

p.s. Randle can run court and bring ball up court. be perfect swap.
    49ers, lakers, sf giants, la kings fan...but im a mountaineer for life..wv to cali...

Turner is going nowhere.

Especially fir Randle and other laker crap.

Two other interesting guys

Timothe Luwawu and Malcolm Brogdon

Brogdon could be a steal if he is avail in second round, wouldn't hate it if traded down and snagged him.

Apparently Valentine is dropping down the board with his degenerative knee issue. Doyel of indystar says if you can get 7 good years like Granger or 4 good years like Brandon Roy, its worth it. He compares letting Valentine slide, if hes there to begin with, past the Pacers at 20 would be like when we selected Miles plumlee instead of Draymond Green.

Im not sure i agree.

8 points 9 seconds says that Hernangomez out of Spain is the perfect combination of BPA and need at the 20 position. They say most of what is said about his defense is due to his body not filling out yet (hes 20 years old) or just things that can be learned. Apparently he has the instincts, just needs the technique.

He projects at the 4 and would likely be able to play 10-15 minutes off the bench, because he is a very skilled offensive player, but he would be a bit of a project. Can shoot the 3, but was only 30% from the euro 3 pt line. needs to improve. His stride is fantastic and he can rebound nicely.

Brice Johnson strikes me as the safe pick, but hes also a pretty solid. I think he has starter potential in the NBA. 17 points 11 rebounds and 1.5 blocked shots. Hes athletic, has defensive instincts and can shoo the ball from 15-17 feet. He runs the floor well and finishes a high percentage of shots above the rim. Probably has a higher defensive ceiling than Hernangomez, lower offensive ceiling.

Ultimately i would be ok with any of these guys. Also would be fine with Ulis, but his size does bother me. However there are a lot of comparisons in his game to CP3, which is promising.

I would like to throw out a crazy dark horse too... Zhou Qi from China. If you dont know him, look him up. A projects for sure, but man, 7'2 with a 7'7 wingspan. Shot blocking for days and a very consistent mid range jumper.
    All Hail King Goerge, "The Traitorous King"

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

also wanted to add, especially if we select a big, I really want GPII in the second round. Love his game. i think he would be a steal. I would trade higher into the 2nd to get him.

This also goes for Kay Felder. I feel like if we do go Ulis in the 1st, it could be a wasted pick when Felder will likely be on the board when we pick in the 2nd. Assist leader in the NCAA, with a 44' max vert at 5'9-5'10. Scoring machine. Great ball handler. Scouts were raving about his D at the combine plus he has 30 pounds on Ulis and can finish with contact. Why waste that first rounder on Ulis if we can possibly get this kind of floor general talent in the second round?
    Last edited by ombada; 06-22-2016 at 05:29 AM.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

Absolutely love Felder. Not sure how he will do in nba, but loved watching him in college.

Maybe Conley will sign here.

As hesitant as I am on Howard getting Conley and Howard would be an interesting scenario with pg and Turner in place

Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    Absolutely love Felder. Not sure how he will do in nba, but loved watching him in college.

Maybe Conley will sign here.

As hesitant as I am on Howard getting Conley and Howard would be an interesting scenario with pg and Turner in place
    Guess not, we just traded Hill to the Jazz, with the Jazz sending their 12th pick to the Hawks and the Hawks sending us Teague.

Yep I'm indifferent on trade, Teague may be a slight upgrade but Hill was as good a player. Preferred Conley.

Maybe should turnaround and trade Teague for Conley in sign and trade.

Teague is HUGE upgrade man. Hill is garbage and not a real pg. Teague is a true pg and much better passer. Love the trade. Now we can focus on SG and PF/C upgrades. Got 3 positions lined out. I really Like Baldwin in this draft. He was more of a possibility b4 this trade but he could play some 2. Murray sounds pretty good now with out setup along with the aforementioned Maker.

Lucks on our side

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast