Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Avs signing Colborne was a really underrated move. Tyutin probably a 3rd pairing/depth guy. And Wiercioch too. Knew we wouldn't be players.

San Jose getting Boedker is big imo. Sharks needed speed and got it. Terrible defensively.

Eric Staal I feel was a good value contract.

Sharks also didn't break the bank of Boedker, which is big. If I were the Sharks, I might have tried to sign Jason Chimera, but my bet was at age 37 he wanted to stay on the East Coast, but I can't argue with Boedker who has more offensive potential.

Islanders bringing back PA Parenteau on a one year deal, he should be able to fill a middle six role effectively for them.

The New York Islanders have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with forward Pierre-Alexander Parenteau.

Parenteau, 33, scored 20 goals and 21 assists in 77 games last season with the Toronto Maple Leafs. His 20 goals matched a career high, originally set in 2010-11 during his first season with the Islanders and first full NHL campaign. The following season, Parenteau scored a career-high 67 points (18 goals, 49 assists) during his second season with the Islanders, before departing as a free agent in 2012-13.

In 424 career NHL games with the Chicago Blackhawks, New York Rangers, Islanders, Colorado Avalanche, Montreal Canadiens and Toronto, Parenteau has 101 goals and 167 assists. Heís also scored five points (two goals, three assists) in 15 Stanley Cup Playoff games. Parenteauís Islanders career totals include 38 goals and 82 assists in 161 games.

Originally selected by the Anaheim Ducks in the ninth round, 264th overall, of the 2001 NHL Entry Draft, Parenteau completed a four-year junior hockey career in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League in 2003 and played his first professional season in 2003-04 with the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks of the American Hockey League.

http://www.tsn.ca/parenteau-returns-...isles-1.519821

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Islanders bringing back PA Parenteau on a one year deal, he should be able to fill a middle six role effectively for them.
    I'm happy with this move. I'm turning around on this offseason. Brought in some good veterans. Sucks to see Okposo and Nielsen sign elsewhere, but I think they have replaced them adequately without sacrificing the future. Ladd is more of a longterm piece with his contract, but Chimera and Parenteau are short signings that will give us depth and help bridge the gap until some of our high end prospects show they are ready. Don't know if this team takes a step back, a step forward, or is virtually the same... but as far as the contracts are concerned I think we made good deals.

At the end of the day, the only thing that truly matters is that we sign Tavares to remain an Islander for the rest of his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Avs signing Colborne was a really underrated move. Tyutin probably a 3rd pairing/depth guy. And Wiercioch too. Knew we wouldn't be players.

San Jose getting Boedker is big imo. Sharks needed speed and got it. Terrible defensively.

Eric Staal I feel was a good value contract.
    I can't speak for his days in CGY, but his time in Boston/Toronto was forgettable. His numbers don't look terrible from a face-off standpoint. Could be a serviceable #3C for the Av's.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I can't speak for his days in CGY, but his time in Boston/Toronto was forgettable. His numbers don't look terrible from a face-off standpoint. Could be a serviceable #3C for the Av's.
    I think he's going to play LW for them. They know he's not a good center.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    At least he can move his feet. I would assume he is better at 5 on 5 situations than Iginla at this point. He won't play center for Colorado either.

kurt overhardt on TSN RADIO said today that his client Jacob Trouba will not be signing a "bridge deal" with the Winnipeg Jets, he claims that the Market was set last year by the Dougie Hamilton Signing, The Flames signed Hamilton to a six-year deal worth $34.5 million, last year and Seth Jones who Overhardt called a lesser experienced comparison to Trouba, signing a 6-year $32.4 Million contract.

Overhardt said that his client expects to be paid fairly after concluding his Entry Level Contract and performing well above the Level of the majority of his peers. Overhardt noted that The Jets signed defenceman Dustin Byfuglien to a five-year contract extension with an average annual value of $7.6 million. and said that his client feels that his performance speaks for Itself..

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    kurt overhardt on TSN RADIO said today that his client Jacob Trouba will not be signing a "bridge deal" with the Winnipeg Jets, he claims that the Market was set last year by the Dougie Hamilton Signing, The Flames signed Hamilton to a six-year deal worth $34.5 million, last year and Seth Jones who Overhardt called a lesser experienced comparison to Trouba, signing a 6-year $32.4 Million contract.

Overhardt said that his client expects to be paid fairly after concluding his Entry Level Contract and performing well above the Level of the majority of his peers. Overhardt noted that The Jets signed defenceman Dustin Byfuglien to a five-year contract extension with an average annual value of $7.6 million. and said that his client feels that his performance speaks for Itself..
    The Jets have enough cap space to sign him, but for some reason, they are reluctant to do so.

They still don't have a ton of goal scorers on the roster and their forwards are not looking too sexy.

They should try to trade Trouba for some young forwards. If they don't want to trade him, then look into trading Tyler Myers. That's what I'd do.

Haters gonna hate

Blues sign RFA Jaden Schwartz to five year, $26.75 extension, another young player that the Blues have locked up long term

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Blues and restricted free agent forward Jaden Schwartz have avoided arbitration and agreed on a five-year contract extension worth $26.75 million.

Re-signing the 24-year-old Schwartz was a top priority for the team, which lost in the Western Conference finals to San Jose. The Blues have given long-term deals to forward Vladimir Tarasenko and defenseman Alex Pietrangelo, but this summer allowed captain David Backes to leave for a free-agent deal with Minnesota.

"I have no problem giving out long-term contracts," general manager Doug Armstrong said on the team's website. "You just want to make sure the player is at that level."

The arbitration case had been set for Wednesday.

In 240 games with St. Louis, the former first-round draft pick has 70 goals and 157 points. He was limited to 33 games by a fractured ankle last season, and had eight goals and 14 assists.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/17...ds-arbitration

Capitals re-sign F Marcus Johansson to a three year, $13.75 contract. Can't say I am a fan, I think we need to go with a little more grit to fill out the third line especially after losing Chimera. I wouldn't have a problem saying goodbye to MoJo.

RLINGTON, Va. -- Marcus Johansson was back in Toronto for another arbitration hearing with the Washington Capitals, but this time he didn't have to go through with it.
    The Capitals avoid arbitration with Marcus Johansson, re-signing him to a three-year deal. Jared Silber/NHLI/Getty Images

Hours before Johansson and the Capitals were set to go to arbitration for the second time, they agreed on a $13.75 million, three-year deal. The 25-year-old Swedish forward will count $4.583 million against the salary cap, almost exactly between the two sides' arbitration asking prices but on a longer contract.

Johansson got as close as the entrance to the hotel where NHL arbitration cases are heard before the deal got done.

"I don't think anyone wants to go to arbitration. That's kind of a last resort,'' Johansson said on a conference call from Toronto on Wednesday. "It was a little tight schedule before the meeting, but I'm really happy that we worked it out.''

Johansson will make $4.25 million next season and $4.75 million in 2017-18 and 2018-19 on a contract that's similar to the one former teammate Mathieu Perreault signed as a restricted free agent with the Winnipeg Jets earlier this summer.

The $4.583 million cap hit fits into Washington's offseason plan with one more restricted free agent left to sign in defenseman Dmitry Orlov. The Capitals won the Presidents' Trophy as the league's top regular-season team a year ago and will have almost the same group back to take another shot at the Stanley Cup next season.

"To be able to keep the team, it's hard,'' Johansson said. "It's hard for everyone. I'm just happy we were able to figure it out in the end. To be able to be part of this team for three more years, that's important to me. I think both parties are happy with it. There's obviously the cap in the NHL and they have to find a way to stay under it.''

Johansson had 17 goals and 29 assists for 46 points in 74 games last season. In 419 regular-season NHL games, Johansson has 78 goals and 154 assists for 232 points and has added 22 points in the playoffs.

Under coach Barry Trotz, Johansson has developed his all-around game and improved his production by going to the net more.

"That's been a part of my game that I've been working on and trying to score more goals and get more pucks to the net,'' Johansson said. "You always want to be part of it and score goals. That's always a fun part. But as long as you feel you're improving on it and getting better, I think that's a sign that you're moving in the right direction.''

Signing him for three years takes some of the mystery out of next summer, when the Capitals have forwards T.J. Oshie, Justin Williams and Daniel Winnik and defenseman Karl Alzner as unrestricted free agents and forwards Evgeny Kuznetsov and Andre Burakovsky as restricted free agents.

This offseason Washington acquired center Lars Eller in a trade with the Montreal Canadiens and let long-time left winger Jason Chimera leave in free agency. Johansson said the Capitals continue to make moves to improve.

"Mac has done a great job getting us what we need,'' he said. "I think last year we showed that we're really contending. ... This is a team and a group that I really think we can win with.''

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ffseason/page3

Haters gonna hate

Loving that Kreider deal right about now. Loving it more really.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    The Jets have enough cap space to sign him, but for some reason, they are reluctant to do so.

They still don't have a ton of goal scorers on the roster and their forwards are not looking too sexy.

They should try to trade Trouba for some young forwards. If they don't want to trade him, then look into trading Tyler Myers. That's what I'd do.
    I really surprised that they haven't sign him yet too. I almost wonder if they are going to wait till the last minute and see if someone brings a "can't say no package" to the table for Trouba.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

This Tyson Barrie thing is starting to give me some nerves. We can't continue to lose our core, and sign old free agents.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast