Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    His contract is loads bigger than Olivera's.
    This. I like Castillo and think he'll be a pretty decent player, but he is paid like an all-star.

Rusney Castillo has 52M~ left on his deal, Héctor Olivera has like 25M~

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Rusney Castillo has 52M~ left on his deal, Héctor Olivera has like 25M~

No thanks.
    Is that including the amount the Dodgers have chipped in for Olivera's contract? If not, it's even more lopsided. Regardless, Olivera's contract is much better. Plus, there is still some potential with Olivera regardless of how jaded many of us are with him at this point.

Yes it includes what they are giving, it was a quick estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    (null)
    I'd rather pay a little more for a guy with an actual position and no character issues than just release Olivera.

3x WWEWHC / 2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner / 1X WWE Tag Team Champion / 2014 WWE Superstar of The Year

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    I'd rather pay a little more for a guy with an actual position and no character issues than just release Olivera.
    A "little" would be different and I might get on board, but he is double the price. No where near worth that.

I saw Jim Bowden on ESPN that the Dodgers are targeting Teheran as the pitcher they really want but that it would take a very big trade to get him including maybe Puig. Who would you want from the Dodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by styxlover View Post
    I saw Jim Bowden on ESPN that the Dodgers are targeting Teheran as the pitcher they really want but that it would take a very big trade to get him including maybe Puig. Who would you want from the Dodgers?
    I might be in the minority but, I don't know if I would want Puig

RIP Gene Wilder

If the Dodgers aren't willing to include Pederson (no way they include Seager) I just don't see them as a match. Their farm is similar to ours, loaded on pitching.

I agree it sounded like the Dodgers really want Teheran but I would only trade him if we got a return bigger that what we got for Shelby Miller

Quote Originally Posted by SunKhan13 View Post
    If the Dodgers aren't willing to include Pederson (no way they include Seager) I just don't see them as a match. Their farm is similar to ours, loaded on pitching.
    I don't think Pederson would be anything special tbh. But it would at least take him or Puig (neither i really want) and De Leon for me to be anywhere near okay with this trade. JT is lights out this year so if we trade him we really need to run up that value.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I might be in the minority but, I don't know if I would want Puig
    You are not, he has a steady decline since his rookie year which is not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by styxlover View Post
    I agree it sounded like the Dodgers really want Teheran but I would only trade him if we got a return bigger that what we got for Shelby Miller
    Agree 100%, and while they have the specs to do this. I see absolutely no way they do this. Even though swanson, blair, inciarte(bat) have been less than desirable lately it was a haul and their track records show it will hopefully turn around.

I don't want Puig either, he's declined every year and is way too injury prone. Pederson should be an above average major leaguer for a long time but I fear that he might be a low average player for that long time, he has a lot of power though. Neither will be my first choice.

Infante was released today by the Royals. Any interest from us to bring him in as a Kelly Johnson replacement? I always liked Infante.

I just don't see LAD meshing well with ATL in a trade. Unless they think Joc is just starting slow at this level. Joc does have a decent OBP and a lot of power, but unless ATL got him and a really good arm, I don't think they would be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast