Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Braves Trade Discussion and Rumors

"Given his strong start to the season, his highly affordable contract and the utter dearth of impact arms not only on the summer trade market but also on the upcoming free-agent market, there’s a chance that the Braves could coerce a team into parting with a potentially exorbitant package of young talent to pry Teheran from their hands. Atlanta reached that nexus of frenzied demand and willingness to surrender elite talent in the offseason’s Shelby Miller blockbuster, and there’s a case to be made that Teheran could, or at least should, be worth more. The D-backs, after all, were acquiring three years of Miller at arbitration prices, whereas a team dealing for Teheran would be taking on the remainder of this season’s salary ($2.06MM as of this writing) and three more years at $26.3MM. That’s three and a half years of Teheran for roughly $28.14MM plus a club option for $12MM in 2020 — his age-29 season. Last summer, the Rangers surrendered a package of Jerad Eickhoff, Jake Thompson, Jorge Alfaro, Nick Williams and Alec Asher in the Cole Hamels/Jake Diekman trade. Teheran’s entire contract is worth barely more than a season of Hamels, financially speaking."
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/06/should-braves-trade-julio-teheran.html

3x WWEWHC / 2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner / 1X WWE Tag Team Champion / 2014 WWE Superstar of The Year

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/06/should-braves-trade-julio-teheran.html
    He doesn't have the pedigree of Hamels, but he is definitely a valuable piece. I imagine we'd have to be completely blown away by an offer to move him. I'm not opposed to moving him. especially given our draft, but we should really make sure we get more than what we got for Miller. That's ridiculous to say, but I think we could pull it off potentially since Teheran is better than Miller and more controlled.

Julio worries me. He's upped his K/9, but I'm not convinced he can maintain it. He flirts with being an ace when HR/FB ratio is 10% or less, but for the last two seasons, he has not done a good job of keeping the ball in the park.

If he is traded to a team with a hitter's park, he'll be in trouble. If Sun Trust is less of a pitcher's park, he could get worse.

I want to throw a crazy idea out to you guys and see what you think.

What if the Braves were to trade for Ryan Braun? I know I know steroids, but he is still hitting like crazy (currently .316/.378/.541/.919). He is under contract through 2020 with a 2021 option for 15M. But the beautiful thing is he actually has a declining contact, so its 16: 19M 17: 19M 18: 19M 19: 18M 20: 16M 21: 15M.

Lets say we trade them Markakis (to offset some salary) and some prospects, while they paid half each season from 18-20. So we would have him at 16: prorated 8M 17: 8M 18: 10M 19: 9M 20: 8M 21: 15M (option). This allows us to shift Mallex to CF and Inciarte to RF, and gives us a presence in the middle of the lineup at a very cheap rate. I would be willing to give up some pitching specs to make this happen, not sure which ones though. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Brewers get:

Markakis
    Pitching prospects

Braves get:

Braun
    26M

Then maybe go out and sign a Martin Prado for 3B and all of a sudden our lineup could compete (assuming Swanson and Albies are ready by next year)

My only problem with Ryan is ..... Would you really want that around all the kids entering our system in the next 3 years? Not only did he do it and lie about it, he questioned others integrity and got them fired for it! The steroids and lying about it, I can easily forgive. The going after others integrity and jobs, knowing the entire time you're full of ****, is hard for me to get past! please go back and research his entire story..... He's a great player to me, but an absolutely shittty person. If we had a team of vets, I'd consider it! However we don't!

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    My only problem with Ryan is ..... Would you really want that around all the kids entering our system in the next 3 years? Not only did he do it and lie about it, he questioned others integrity and got them fired for it! The steroids and lying about it, I can easily forgive. The going after others integrity and jobs, knowing the entire time you're full of ****, is hard for me to get past! please go back and research his entire story..... He's a great player to me, but an absolutely shittty person. If we had a team of vets, I'd consider it! However we don't!
    thats an interesting point, guess im hoping that we get the flip side with him telling the young ones that its not worth it

For everyone that is in a rush to trade JT....... While I think we should keep him, this is the best explanation by far of why we should consider trading him....

Julio is young, cheap, and a possible ace if he keeps this up. However the pitching on the trade market is less than desirable and this winters free agent class isn't much better. If and this is a big if the Braves are still planing on contending in 2017, they should not even consider trading him! The Braves do not have a prospect ready to take his place and anyone that thinks they do is mislead. However if they have pushed back the time line to compete, he would be the likely overall pitching prize of the dealine. He could fetch a package that won't only rival the one they got for Miller, but exceed it!

This is what I've been saying the entire time! Only trade him for a rediculous package! Everyone has talked about Boston being a match , ask for Groome ( once they sign him), Devers, and Benintendi! .... I want other teams GM's first reaction to be, don't be rediculous!
    Last edited by SB75; 06-13-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Personally I think we are in a win-win with Teheran. I don't think he's a true ace but he's still a really good pitcher. He's young, has a very affordable contract and has been a healthy innings eater. We can't go wrong building a rotation around him. If someone like Newcomb or Allard turns into a true ace then Teheran would be perfect as our #2.

I would still put him on the market, though. Like SB said, place a high price tag on him and if someone bites on it we come out winners. The pitching crop at the deadline and next years FA class is pretty poor. We're dangling the best trade piece on the market so our asking price should be very high.

I have a hard time seeing the FO screwing this situation up. Seems like a win-win to me.

Everyone keeps mentioning JT. Now Viz is coming up around the rumors. I'm in the camp that you package them or you keep them both. Let's say you package them and to Boston. You could get one heck of a package.
    ]

For me in order to trade Teheran I have to get as much if not more than I got from Shelby Miller. If the Rangers were willing to part with Gallo and Dillion tate, I'd definately have to listen to the offer, but if im not blown away I keep him and build around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Braves_Fan_RSD View Post
    I want to throw a crazy idea out to you guys and see what you think.

What if the Braves were to trade for Ryan Braun? I know I know steroids, but he is still hitting like crazy (currently .316/.378/.541/.919). He is under contract through 2020 with a 2021 option for 15M. But the beautiful thing is he actually has a declining contact, so its 16: 19M 17: 19M 18: 19M 19: 18M 20: 16M 21: 15M.

Lets say we trade them Markakis (to offset some salary) and some prospects, while they paid half each season from 18-20. So we would have him at 16: prorated 8M 17: 8M 18: 10M 19: 9M 20: 8M 21: 15M (option). This allows us to shift Mallex to CF and Inciarte to RF, and gives us a presence in the middle of the lineup at a very cheap rate. I would be willing to give up some pitching specs to make this happen, not sure which ones though. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Brewers get:

Markakis
    Pitching prospects

Braves get:

Braun
    26M
    Braun is an interesting bat but let's not forget he also has a fairly extensive injury history. I wouldn't be willing to give up too high of a prospect(s) to get him. Probably the top pitching prospect I would include would be like Banuelos or something.

I'm wondering when the Bud Norris rumors start. He's pitched a lot better since being put into the bullpen, including his last two starts. If this continues I'm sure someone will call about him.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

If we are serious about being competitive in 2017, Yulieski Gourriel should be considered. He dose not hurt our int FA pool and he can play now..... Although he will command a nice Salery.

No one in the front office is serious about contending in 2017, even if they wanted it's impossible.

Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast