Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 151 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2253
    Darvish is the guy I wanted, so I like it. His tipping pitches issue in the WS are fixable, so he’d be the best pitcher we’ve had in while him at the one with J.T. at the 2 would really improve the rotation even if Gohara and Newcomb don’t make huge strides. So just imagine if the do.
    Last edited by SB75; 01-12-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Darvish is the guy I wanted, so I like it. His tipping pitches issue in the WS are fixable, so he’d be the best pitcher we’ve had in while him at the one with J.T. at the 2 would really improve the rotation even if Gohara and Newcomb don’t make huge strides. So just imagine if the do.
    at least one of 2 things will need to happen for us to sign him. we trade for yelich an realmuto...or we trade teheran.

Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    at least one of 2 things will need to happen for us to sign him. we trade for yelich an realmuto...or we trade teheran.
    I don't think a trade of Teheran would have anything to do with it, not like his deal is expensive or anything. Trading for those two now would be a huge thing for that being we would have guys signed to play C, 1B, 2B, SS, RF, CF, LF for pretty cheap untill 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I don't think a trade of Teheran would have anything to do with it, not like his deal is expensive or anything. Trading for those two now would be a huge thing for that being we would have guys signed to play C, 1B, 2B, SS, RF, CF, LF for pretty cheap untill 2021.
    And Austin Riley knocking on the door
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    Neither of those things need to happen for us to sign Yu! Those are things you’d like to happen in conjunction with his signing. Come’ on man.

No I don't see the Braves blowing that much cash when we have questions in the future at those spots. Uncertainly in where future cash would need to go would be an issue, if we where set by getting those two it makes a big difference.

I have a feeling that the Braves and Marlins were working on a deal for Yelich and the Marlins probably requested Acuna. He is untouchable and the Braves are waiting on the Fish to get more desperate before countering.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    I have a feeling that the Braves and Marlins were working on a deal for Yelich and the Marlins probably requested Acuna. He is untouchable and the Braves are waiting on the Fish to get more desperate before countering.
    I'm almost positive they did. Adam Eaton netted Lucas Giolito a top 5 prospect at that time plus Reynaldo López a top 100 guy (Was previously a top 50 guy the year before). It's going to cost probably three of our top 15 prospects at a minimum to get him if I had to guess, maybe more.

Jim Bowden is reporting the Brewers are discussing signing Mike Moustakas and then trading Travis Shaw to the Yankees, Mets, or Braves. Interesting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimBowden...89908842192896
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Travis Shaw is a bit of an odd ball, had a breakout season but did so at a hitters park yet somehow hit much better away than at home. Also is good with the glove, 10DRS in 800+ innings in 2016 and 3DRS in 1200+ innings last year.

No idea what the cost would be as he was just a part in a deal for RP Thronburg but had a really great season. Is under control until 2022.
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-15-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Christian Pache has landed on the MLB pipe line all defensive team. You can check the article out for yourself on talkingchop.com

In the comments one guy gets what I’m saying about value. To paraphrase he said he will be the subject of trade. Untouchable or headliner? And that’s the point in trying to get across. While I’d rather keep him, if you do trade him you don’t make him a back end throw in, he’s the headliner or close to it, not the 4th or 5th spec!

Shaw is an interesting target. He could man 3B until Riley is ready or be a longer term answer if Riley flops.

He also is cheap, so it wouldn’t prohibit ATL from pursuing FAs that they want to target.

Like any trade, I would be interested and possibly like it depending on the prospect cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Shaw is an interesting target. He could man 3B until Riley is ready or be a longer term answer if Riley flops.

He also is cheap, so it wouldn’t prohibit ATL from pursuing FAs that they want to target.

Like any trade, I would be interested and possibly like it depending on the prospect cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, not sure why the Brewers will deal him to acquire Moose, I mean, he won't be a big upgrade and will cost a lot more.

I still want Yelich and not really anyone else in a trade.

Dietrich/Realmuto would be nice players but we'd be giving up a bunch. Don't really see the point in giving up a lot for Realmuto a) because we're set at catcher for the next couple years and b) because we're actually pretty deep at catcher now on the farm.

I'd be open to signing another infielder, even Moose honestly because I think he's a solid if not great player with good years ahead, but the trade market I just don't think really makes sense for where the Braves are unless it's a guy of Yelich's caliber - and he's pretty much the only one on the market of his caliber.

Where are these catchers though?

Too many people put stock in the farm. Prospects don't pan out more often than they become stars. I would definitely at least stay in on him to see if the price drops. They're going to have a mess in Miami on all fronts. But I'm with you on Yelich. As of now no one else strikes my interest as much as him. If Shaw is fairly inexpensive I'd at least listen.