Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 110 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2184
    Do we really think we could add MadBaum and compete with the Stros or BoSox Though? You'd still have to give up a substantial amount and possibly nothing to show next year. That's my only concern there. But I do love the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by noraj9 View Post
    Do we really think we could add MadBaum and compete with the Stros or BoSox Though? You'd still have to give up a substantial amount and possibly nothing to show next year. That's my only concern there. But I do love the idea.
    Prospect wise we could out bid any team if we wanted him bad enough. The Giants would want a substantial package of pitchers for him and no team has a better crop of pitchers. We also have the cash to be able to sign him long term. I wouldn't make the deal without having a long term financial commitment. Highly doubt they make him available, though.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Prospect wise we could out bid any team if we wanted him bad enough. The Giants would want a substantial package of pitchers for him and no team has a better crop of pitchers. We also have the cash to be able to sign him long term. I wouldn't make the deal without having a long term financial commitment. Highly doubt they make him available, though.
    No no we definitely could compete to get him, but we would have to give up a ton. Would adding him allow us to compete for a World Series with those teams when they have five legit starters basically and stacked lineups. Things are looking up for us now and I'm loving it but that's a long ways away to get Madison for the rest of the year

No no we definitely could compete to get him, but we would have to give up a ton. Would adding him allow us to compete for a World Series with those teams when they have five legit starters basically and stacked lineups. Things are looking up for us now and I'm loving it but that's a long ways away to get Madison for the rest of the year
    Well I would only deal for him if he could get him signed long term. We wouldn't become world series contenders immediately but over the next 2-3 years? I think so.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

I think the Braves May kick the tires on Archer again, but Outside of that really donít want to see them deal specs for a player they wonít have 2+ years of control over!

I don't see them trying for front line pitching, would cost way too much. I do see them going for some BP depth if anything.

Phil Gosselin is back. Assigned to AAA.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Opined on another site.....Ē. Albies and Acuna are off limits for the Braves and they should be! But the Braves should try and trade Allard and Riley for Machado at the deadline.Ē

Machado is one of my favorite non-Braves! But that is a steep price for a half year rental. If Machado would agree to an extension before the trade, youíd definitely have to seriously consider it, but why would he do that?

He'd have to already know his market value or the Braves would have to offer an extension that's well over his assumed market value.

That said, it was a bearish winter for FAs. Maybe that affects him, but I doubt it since he's younger.

I think a trade could come cheaper especially if Machado refuses to say he'd work on an extension. Orioles would have no leverage. Braves would have to beat out the next best trade partner, which I assume would be the Dodgers (based solely on need).

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    He'd have to already know his market value or the Braves would have to offer an extension that's well over his assumed market value.

That said, it was a bearish winter for FAs. Maybe that affects him, but I doubt it since he's younger.

I think a trade could come cheaper especially if Machado refuses to say he'd work on an extension. Orioles would have no leverage. Braves would have to beat out the next best trade partner, which I assume would be the Dodgers (based solely on need).
    Just ponder this for a min......

Truth be told, players have a better overall total business sense than they did 20 years ago. If Machado is truly willing to be a Brave in 19í, why would he want the Braves to give up assets for him now? Heís a FA at seasons end either way ( again an extension is extremely doubtful at its best). When if they are willing to spend the money to sign him, they could use those assets for other needs. IMHO the move towards trading players with more than a year of control left will happen more and more in the future. I to would be hesitant to pay that steep price.

That would only matter is Machado had a no-trade clause. He canít block a trade otherwise.

The Orioles probably want to get whatever prospects/players they can before they lose their superstar. Machado canít do anything about that. I mean, would BAL rather have one first round pick or a few top prospects? I have to think itís multiple players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he would guarantee an extension to anyone unless it's ridiculous. Even with the bad off season for players, none of those players were the caliber or age of Machado and/or Harper. They're gonna get paiddddd. And as I said before I would rather stick it out the rest of the season and try to make the splash in FA instead of giving up guys we spent so many years to stockpile and develop.

I don't think he would guarantee an extension to anyone unless it's ridiculous. Even with the bad off season for players, none of those players were the caliber or age of Machado and/or Harper. They're gonna get paiddddd. And as I said before I would rather stick it out the rest of the season and try to make the splash in FA instead of giving up guys we spent so many years to stockpile and develop.
    I think your thinking and mines are in line.

Anyone interested in the former Dark Knight/ Bruce Wayne/Matt Harvey?

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Anyone interested in the former Dark Knight/ Bruce Wayne/Matt Harvey?
    Nah, we've got enough wild cards haha