Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 84 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2253
    Blackmon in an amazing 2017- .276/.337/.447/.784
    -5 DRS, negative UZR (every yr).

You are also taking the abberation yr for Blackmon (2016) and making your case now on a 2 yr clip. If you go back 3 yrs, he was .238/.300/.395 away from Coors. That is God awful, below replacement level. 2014- .231/.269/.368.....ouch...awful, terrible. So he has been a miserable player 2 of the padt 4 yrs outside of Coors, he has one below average season and he has one abberation yr. You never pay for the abberation.

Then let's take into account that next yr, 2019, is age 33 player. He is simply NOT all-star caliber player away from Coors. He will be 33, want a 4-5 yr contract worth 20 mil per season (carrying a negative defender into his latter yrs with his homefield power taken away and bad career splits away from Coors that would be abysmal if you take away one abberation yr). This is what you call fantasy baseball managing. You don't ruin a franchise by taking on negative defenders, that are skewed to one park, and are aging and give them huge contracts. There were guys callling for the same for Gonzo, thank God we didn't pay for that Coors field boost. Bad business, no thanks

I think Wrench's cost for Yelich is probably right. Depending on the sources, our guus are rated differently, so it will be who Miami likes most. I want to keep Wright. Prefer to let Anderson go, as he struggles with command most.

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Blackmon in an amazing 2017- .276/.337/.447/.784
    -5 DRS, negative UZR (every yr).

You are also taking the abberation yr for Blackmon (2016) and making your case now on a 2 yr clip. If you go back 3 yrs, he was .238/.300/.395 away from Coors. That is God awful, below replacement level. 2014- .231/.269/.368.....ouch...awful, terrible. So he has been a miserable player 2 of the padt 4 yrs outside of Coors, he has one below average season and he has one abberation yr. You never pay for the abberation.

Then let's take into account that next yr, 2019, is age 33 player. He is simply NOT all-star caliber player away from Coors. He will be 33, want a 4-5 yr contract worth 20 mil per season (carrying a negative defender into his latter yrs with his homefield power taken away and bad career splits away from Coors that would be abysmal if you take away one abberation yr). This is what you call fantasy baseball managing. You don't ruin a franchise by taking on negative defenders, that are skewed to one park, and are aging and give them huge contracts. There were guys callling for the same for Gonzo, thank God we didn't pay for that Coors field boost. Bad business, no thanks
    Me taking the last two season was not an arbitrary thing to prove my point, is obvious that Blackmon was not the player he is today 3 years ago, so why would I go beyond the last 2 seasons? He's a power hitter now so I don't really care what he did in 2013 or so.

He's a below average defender in CF, why that matters here? He won't play center in atlanta, I bet he'll be at least average in a corner OF, he actually has been above average in his career.

By the start of 2019 he'll be 32 not 33.

If Blackmon has his 3rd straight year or putting up good road numbers, then I dont see the issue in signing him. It would be clear he is a better player then he was 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    If Blackmon has his 3rd straight year or putting up good road numbers, then I dont see the issue in signing him. It would be clear he is a better player then he was 5 years ago.
    Exactly, and is not like 32-33 is old, at some point we need to add good veteran talent to an inexperienced and young team, if not, we are going to be rebuilding forever. If he has another 5-6 WAR season in 2018 his salary expectations will ne through the roof though and with so many teams staying under the luxury tax this year he'll have many suitors, next offseason will be epic.

1st- He can't have 3 straight good seasons away from Coors, last yr he hit .270/.330 with 13 hrs in 81 gms and averaged 170 K's over 162 away from Coors. You really wanna pay a 33 yr old, negative defender that has a .270/.330 26 hr season over 100 mill into age 38 in an era when everyone can hit the long ball?

2nd- Blackmon is NOT a different player now thab 4 yrs ago. He has virtually every statistic that is identical, except the HR numbers (which 13 in 81 gms away fron Coors is NOT a power hitter by the way. All his numbers have been the same at home for 4 yrs, except he stunk awful for 2 yrs, had one margibal season and one great yr outside of Coors. His power numbers have elevated at the same rate as the average MLB player, in an era where the longball was highest ever...less of Blackmon becoming a power hitter, more of other factors and 24 of 37 hrs coming at Coors (where 13 triples at Coors and 1 away from Coors....haha....this is a Coors player completely, fools gold 37 hrs and triples at coors combined, 14 hrs and triples combined away)

By the way, Kurt Suzuki hit at a higher rate of HRs away from Coors than Blackmon did (18 over 82)....he must be a "power hitter now too"

Fools Gold

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    1st- He can't have 3 straight good seasons away from Coors, last yr he hit .270/.330 with 13 hrs in 81 gms and averaged 170 K's over 162 away from Coors. You really wanna pay a 33 yr old, negative defender that has a .270/.330 26 hr season over 100 mill into age 38 in an era when everyone can hit the long ball?

2nd- Blackmon is NOT a different player now thab 4 yrs ago. He has virtually every statistic that is identical, except the HR numbers (which 13 in 81 gms away fron Coors is NOT a power hitter by the way. All his numbers have been the same at home for 4 yrs, except he stunk awful for 2 yrs, had one margibal season and one great yr outside of Coors. His power numbers have elevated at the same rate as the average MLB player, in an era where the longball was highest ever...less of Blackmon becoming a power hitter, more of other factors and 24 of 37 hrs coming at Coors (where 13 triples at Coors and 1 away from Coors....haha....this is a Coors player completely, fools gold 37 hrs and triples at coors combined, 14 hrs and triples combined away)

By the way, Kurt Suzuki hit at a higher rate of HRs away from Coors than Blackmon did (18 over 82)....he must be a "power hitter now too"

Fools Gold
    1. We shall see after this next season which one of the Charlie Blackmon seasons (2016-2017) is his true ceiling hitting away. Stop with the negative defender, I don't care that he's a bad defender in CF, he won'be playing that position in Atlanta.

2. C'mon you can't say that he's the same player and then point into his surge in homers, that right there makes him a different player. His homerun totals are evidently Coors aided, but he's beeen playing at coors field his entire career so something has obviously changed in his swing. And I will advise you not to completely disregard his numbers at home, the Coors field effect is not the same as it was a decade ago, WAR is a stat that takes the park factor into consideration and he was MVP level in 2017.

Kurt Suzuki had a higher HR rate in 2017 than a lot of players, don't really know what your point is here.

I call Blackmon a power hitter because by your logic every offensive player in Colorado should hit 35 bombs like him and just 3 players hit 30+ (blackmon, Arenado and Reynolds) and all 3 should be considered the same.

Carlos Santana got 20 million a year. Without checking, I would say Santana is about that average and power. Its the going rate. I would bet that most players hit better at home. I forgot Suntrust is a pitchers park.....

More Hrs were hit at Target field in Minnesota, than Coors field. Actually there where a few stadiums were more Hrs were hit.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    Carlos Santana got 20 million a year. Without checking, I would say Santana is about that average and power. Its the going rate. I would bet that most players hit better at home. I forgot Suntrust is a pitchers park.....

More Hrs were hit at Target field in Minnesota, than Coors field. Actually there where a few stadiums were more Hrs were hit.
    That's actually a great point, I looked it up and it's true.

NL players in 2017:
    Home .260/.331/.433 wOBA .326 wRC+ 98
    Away .249/.319./.414 wOBA .314 wRC+ 90

AL players
    Home .262/.331/.442 wOBA .330 wRC+ 105
    Away .250/.317/.417 wOBA . 314 wRC+ 94

jonmorosi
    #Braves have inquired to #Marlins on J.T. Realmuto, in addition to Christian Yelich, as previously reported, sources say. More in this story
    https://www.mlb.com/news/braves-inte...to/c-264228046
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-03-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Realmuto would fill a need for ATL. 26 yrs old and team controlled for 4 more years. He would be a great addition IMO. He isnít s du like Yelich (who everyone loves), but he also wonít cost as much. If AA could get Realmuto, I would be stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played against JT in high school. I would love to get him. Price would be high. Wonder if we would move Jackson as part of it since he rebuilt his stock. Maybe like Anderson, Touki, Jackson, TD.

Letís say we go for both:

Allard.
    Anderson.
    Newk or Fried
    Jackson
    Pache
    TD

For

Realmutto
    Yelich

Too much? Too little?

Realmuto
    Yelich
    Prado

For
    Nick Markakis
    Tyler Flowers
    Christian Pache
    Alex Jackson
    Johan Camargo
    Touki Tousant
    Ian Anserson
    Braxton Davidson

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Letís say we go for both:

Allard.
    Anderson.
    Newk or Fried
    Jackson
    Pache
    TD

For

Realmutto
    Yelich

Too much? Too little?

Be borderline if Marlins would say yes to that with how they keep saying they want a kings ransom for either let alone both. I myself wouldn't do it on the Braves side but sometimes I value specs too high.

I'm more ok with what we do deal being both are under control for awhile and its not rentals.

I don't see AA dealing for both though, price is going to be way too high.