Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    No idea. Define "pan out".
    Have you ever actually looked at draft results?

Let's pick 2012, that's seven years ago. Lots of time for 1st rounders to develop and get to the majors and have a career.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_M...Baseball_draft

More than half of those guys have not made any impact on an MLB roster to this point. It's very easy to miss in the first round. More so than any other sport I would say.

It's easy to pick out one year where any team completely misses in the first round. You have to look at drafts as a whole in baseball especially considering the slotting system. And if you want to look specifically at 1st rounders, you have to look at multiple years.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Have you ever actually looked at draft results?

Let's pick 2012, that's seven years ago. Lots of time for 1st rounders to develop and get to the majors and have a career.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_M...Baseball_draft

More than half of those guys have not made any impact on an MLB roster to this point. It's very easy to miss in the first round. More so than any other sport I would say.

It's easy to pick out one year where any team completely misses in the first round. You have to look at drafts as a whole in baseball especially considering the slotting system. And if you want to look specifically at 1st rounders, you have to look at multiple years.
    Yea not arguing the point just saying it would be an interesting exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Yea not arguing the point just saying it would be an interesting exercise.
    Of course you won’t argue it because you can’t. Keep holding onto your Logan Warmoth for dear life though while completely ignoring the success of Bo and Pearson. 4 drafts and they’ve already gotten 2 big time prospects with possibly more on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Can’t have both Pearson and Edwin though. Also how were they supposed to acquire 2 TORP when they still had those bad contracts on the books up until the beginning of this season?

Let’s not forget the fact that the pitchers we had all forgot how to pitch aside from Stroman this year too.
    Still waiting for your response Chong.

Still waiting for your response Chong.
    I replied. Could have drafted pearson where warmoth was picked.

You replied to me saying they couldn't do what AA did where he gave us some playoff glory on the way out, because they aren't even close despite the similar length in tenure.

There isn't anything to reply to. If they still had enc and dosh then they could have the same assets they have now and be in position to make a run next season.

Of course you won’t argue it because you can’t. Keep holding onto your Logan Warmoth for dear life though while completely ignoring the success of Bo and Pearson. 4 drafts and they’ve already gotten 2 big time prospects with possibly more on the way.
    They better pick up the pace! If you're going to build an ALE contender through the draft then you need to hit on a lot more draft picks than 2 in 4 years.

Tell me....argue what?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I replied. Could have drafted pearson where warmoth was picked.

You replied to me saying they couldn't do what AA did where he gave us some playoff glory on the way out, because they aren't even close despite the similar length in tenure.

There isn't anything to reply to. If they still had enc and dosh then they could have the same assets they have now and be in position to make a run next season.
    Please show me where I said that because I can guarantee you that I did not.

They didn't draft Pearson with that pick though, they drafted Warmoth. You want to use the unknown as your argument against something that actually happened. Regardless of that, I'd like to know where they were supposed to get the money to go out and sign 2 TORP in 2016, 2017 0r 2018?
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Please show me where I said that because I can guarantee you that I did not.

They didn't draft Pearson with that pick though, they drafted Warmoth. You want to use the unknown as your argument against something that actually happened. Regardless of that, I'd like to know where they were supposed to get the money to go out and sign 2 TORP in 2016, 2017 0r 2018?
    I mixed up my words. I meant to say “I replied to you”, not you replied to me.

You can see where I replied on the last page.

And you’re still not following the conversation lol.
    They could have drafted Pearson in the warmoth spot right? K. Then just stop.

I never said they could have signed a torp then. I said they could have blown the doors off and did it this upcoming lame duck season - traded for 2 torp and put this team in the playoffs.
    Theoretically they could have all the same assets along with dosh and enc, and be in a position to make the move.

As it stands, the specs they have aren’t enough to acquire pretty much a whole new team (less 4 position players and a closer that we have no idea what we will get out of next season).

I mixed up my words. I meant to say “I replied to you”, not you replied to me.

You can see where I replied on the last page.

And you’re still not following the conversation lol.
    They could have drafted Pearson in the warmoth spot right? K. Then just stop.

I never said they could have signed a torp then. I said they could have blown the doors off and did it this upcoming lame duck season - traded for 2 torp and put this team in the playoffs.
    Theoretically they could have all the same assets along with dosh and enc, and be in a position to make the move.

As it stands, the specs they have aren’t enough to acquire pretty much a whole new team (less 4 position players and a closer that we have no idea what we will get out of next season).
    Didn’t see this so I responded in another thread.

Okay so to strengthen your argument you’re saying they could’ve drafted Pearson instead of Warmoth. The only problem is they didn’t. They used the Edwin pick for Pearson. Just for fun I’ll go with it though.

So now they could’ve traded for 2 TORP this year. Who would they have traded for and who would’ve been dealt? Before you answer keep in mind that Sale was traded for a package headlined by Yoan Moncada and Jose Quintana was traded for a package headlined by Eloy Jimenez. Those are 2 of the biggest arms to have been dealt over the past few years who weren’t rentals and both times a mega prospect had to go the other way. What I’m getting at is that in order to acquire a TORP it would’ve cost Vladdy Jr, Bo Bichette or both. So please tell me, who would be dealt for a TORP?

They better pick up the pace! If you're going to build an ALE contender through the draft then you need to hit on a lot more draft picks than 2 in 4 years.
    Just the start there bud. It’s like you ignore the fact they’ve both said they’ll be spending money when the time is right but hey, keep beating a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Sarcasm?
    not sarcasm. i don't actually believe 2015 happens as it did if AA is sitting on job security.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Didn’t see this so I responded in another thread.

Okay so to strengthen your argument you’re saying they could’ve drafted Pearson instead of Warmoth. The only problem is they didn’t. They used the Edwin pick for Pearson. Just for fun I’ll go with it though.

So now they could’ve traded for 2 TORP this year. Who would they have traded for and who would’ve been dealt? Before you answer keep in mind that Sale was traded for a package headlined by Yoan Moncada and Jose Quintana was traded for a package headlined by Eloy Jimenez. Those are 2 of the biggest arms to have been dealt over the past few years who weren’t rentals and both times a mega prospect had to go the other way. What I’m getting at is that in order to acquire a TORP it would’ve cost Vladdy Jr, Bo Bichette or both. So please tell me, who would be dealt for a TORP?
    This coming offseason. In the lame duck offseason - aka the upcoming one after this game 100 loss season.

You’re right though, in that it is unlikely Atkins can pull it off without getting totally raped in the face.
    But I’m sure if you built a package around Pearson, and then another around kloff and grosh, most GM’s could land a nice pitching duo to lead the team.

Add dosh and enc to the team currently on the field and we are pretty much only needing a CF as far as positional guys go. We would have 6/9 positions with all star ability at that point.

I never said the lame duck moves wouldn’t be rentals. In fact, my statement was that they couldn’t do what AA blessed us with on his way out - which involves rentals.

Just the start there bud. It’s like you ignore the fact they’ve both said they’ll be spending money when the time is right but hey, keep beating a dead horse.
    *sponge bob narrator voice*
    5 years later...

Yes, we've been hearing that line since Interbrew owned the team.

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast