Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
    Glad he won the award, it was well deserved. I don't know what that has to do with this?

I'm excited to see what Gio Urshela getting hurt has to do with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Braves Sign Travis díArnaud 2 years $16MM

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Iím shocked he got that type of money, but not surprised to see AA go back to the well.

Wonder how Braves fans feel about that. I suppose it will depend on the expectations.

Gibson to the Rangers - 3/30 and Pomeranz to the Padres.

Padres also traded Urias to the Brewers for Trent Grisham

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Gibson to the Rangers - 3/30 and Pomeranz to the Padres.

Padres also traded Urias to the Brewers for Trent Grisham
    Honestly the value of these contracts is pretty damn decent in dollars and term.

Honestly the value of these contracts is pretty damn decent in dollars and term.
    I thought Gibson was decent but Pomeranz deal was pretty crazy. He was insane for 28 bullpen appearances but other then that he has sucked for the last two years.
    MLBTR has him at 2y and 16M.

The thing to realize is pitching is in demand so you need to pay to play. Both pitchers are risky - Gibson keeps teasing but he has been very inconsistent I don't think the move to the Rangers will be good for him. At best Pomeranz turns into Andrew Miller or he could fizzle and turn into middling lefty reliever.

I have no issues with getting neither Pomeranz or Gibson.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

And since Shatkins will be looking for "value" (that is the word they constantly use right?...the Jays will be out on everything but the scraps again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    And since Shatkins will be looking for "value" (that is the word they constantly use right?...the Jays will be out on everything but the scraps again this year.
    It's pretty apparent ~90% of MLB GMs will be looking for value

It's pretty apparent ~90% of MLB GMs will be looking for value
    Off season is still young and the below have already been given out so I assume by "value" you mean valuable and not in the Shakins sense of value = cheap and controllabl

3 years for 40 million smith Braves
    4 years for 73 million grandal White Sox

Off season is still young and the below have already been given out so I assume by "value" you mean valuable and not in the Shakins sense of value = cheap and controllabl

3 years for 40 million smith Braves
    4 years for 73 million grandal White Sox
    No, I meant value. Yasmani Grandal has been a consistent 5 fWAR player for the last five years and is one of the best catchers in baseball and he got less term and AAV then AA gave Martin five years ago. That's pretty decent value.

Also, I understand that teams are going to overpay to get FA to put them over the top but the majority of baseball teams nowadays look for value, that's why the majority of FA don't sign until the new year

I asked Chong this in the other thread but I will ask you as well. Wheeler is the obvious FA pitching target for us, what is the max you would go on him both term and AAV
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 12-01-2019 at 01:58 PM.

No, I meant value. Yasmani Grandal has been a consistent 5 fWAR player for the last five years and is one of the best catchers in baseball and he got less term and AAV then AA gave Martin five years ago. That's pretty decent value.

Also, I understand that teams are going to overpay to get FA to put them over the top but the majority of baseball teams nowadays look for value, that's why the majority of FA don't sign until the new year

I asked Chong this in the other thread but I will ask you as well. Wheeler is the obvious FA pitching target for us, what is the max you would go on him both term and AAV
    I would be looking to lick him up for 100X5, but willing to go as high as 100X4.

I would be looking to lick him up for 100X5, but willing to go as high as 100X4.
    But also I donít think this team is close and I donít want to give up the pick.

I think we are still imploding/rebuilding so Iíd like to just keep losing for now and build up assets the only way this FO knows how until we can get a real GM here.

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast