Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Lakers do with the #2 overall pick?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draft a prospect.

19 82.61%
  • Trade it.

4 17.39%
Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NBA Draft

We need to just try and move up and get a higher pick. Package involving Lou/32. LNJ can even be added as the sweetener. Tarik Black takes over as the back-up PF/C.

Being able to draft Thon Maker at 22-25 would help the FO save a lot of money and just max one center plus maybe two legit 3/Ds (Crabbe/Bazemore splitting $20M). Save the remainder of the cap for next season. This year should be exclusive for youth development.

CENTER/Maker
    Randle/Black
    Ingram/Brown
    Crabbe/Bazemore
    Russell/Clarkson/Huertas

two draft picks, three free agents.
    Last edited by Mave1002; 06-08-2016 at 03:54 AM.

Thon Maker - Beyond The Paint
    Courtesy: Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9zFGBb0JMM

It would be really cool to see the Maker brothers on the Lakers frontline.

My brother said there is a rumor in Phoenix where he lives. The Suns want an Ingram, Booker dynamic duo bad. They'd offer 4,13, 28 possibly Bledsoe for 2 and 32. Lakers target Dunn, Henry Ellenson and Maker

^I'd like to see that too, except theyd be wearing purp&gold.

Id give up anything to see an Ingram/Booker/Russell back court. And who is Hellen Son?

Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    My brother said there is a rumor in Phoenix where he lives. The Suns want an Ingram, Booker dynamic duo bad. They'd offer 4,13, 28 possibly Bledsoe for 2 and 32. Lakers target Dunn, Henry Ellenson and Maker
    If the Suns want Ingram, they're going to have to start by offering Booker, no way would I trade Ingram for anyone the Suns have if Booker isn't involved. It would defeat the purpose of course since the Suns want Ingram AND Booker, so this little rumor is just that.
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Agree, imo a weak rumor. I'd also love that Ingram, booker purple and gold duo. There are soo many crazy rumors right now. Just give the Warriors the ring and get on with the draft

I'd love to have dunn on the lakers next year. He looks like a Dwayne wade 2.0. Buuuut no way do I give up Ingram for him. LA does seem to be high on dunn but they haven't smoked enough to be high enough to trade Ingram for anything short of a legit star player.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    You might be able to accept it but it would cost your next years first and the year after thats first as well... No way Russ/Randle gets you PG.... PG is one of the top 5-10 players in all of basketball and he is only 28 years old on an actual team friendly contract.... Randle showed a good bit more than Russ this year so his value is higher than Russ but you are really overrating these 2 if you think they get you PG... I am not even sure adding those 2 firsts would be enough either
    Even younger. Just turned 26 last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    ^I'd like to see that too, except theyd be wearing purp&gold.

Id give up anything to see an Ingram/Booker/Russell back court. And who is Hellen Son?
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Would Randle+Clarkson+32 be too much for either Booker or the Suns 4th pick?

Russell
    Booker
    Ingram
    Horford
    Whiteside

or

Russell
    Barnes
    Ingram
    Bender
    Whiteside
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Would Randle+Clarkson+32 be too much for either Booker or the Suns 4th pick?

Russell
    Booker
    Ingram
    Horford
    Whiteside

or

Russell
    Barnes
    Ingram
    Bender
    Whiteside
    I've become Belicheckian as I've gotten older. More assets is better than fewer assets, particularly when you don't know what your assets are going to turn into.

There are only a few elite players in the league at any one time, and Booker isn't going to be one of those. He's a piece, just like Randle, Clarkson and whoever we land at 32.

Unless we've got a shot at AD, I stand pat through the draft. And probably through SL and camp. We'll need to sign some free agents, but I don't want Randle, Clarkson, Nance, Brown, our 2 picks, and even Russell, going anywhere this year. (Unless Philly would consider a do-over trade of Okafor for Russell straight up.)

I know it's 2k16, but usually when i'm doing franchise, in the 2016 nba draft THON MAKER is usually picked in the top 10. My point to this is that the computer knows something. Also i want to point out that he is always ranked from 20-30. I say go get thon by getting rid of lou and swaggy garbage...it be nice to see this:

Russell/ J.C./ Seth Curry

Ingram/ J.C./ Bazemore

Bazemore/ Ingram/ A. Brown

Randle/ Nance jr./ Thon Maker

Whiteside/ Thon Maker/ #32 ( I like A. Hammond) or keep Black

That lineup would win 44 games, i promise! Randle/ Maker/ Ingram/ Clarkson/ Russell would be a very interesting gruop for spacing, shooting, isolation, PNR, pick your poison....but bazemore and whiteside bring toughness, defense and the ability to make up for lack of D if their is slacking. I believe that since luke loves fundamentals, motion, spacing, versitility and everyone pnr with screens on weak sides, i believe that we will no doubt be top 12 offense, top 15 defense, in his first year. This young, athletic core will grow and rise by 2018. We also need 2 or 3 8 year plus vets that could ride the pony for 2 years. Mark my words!!!
    49ers, lakers, sf giants, la kings fan...but im a mountaineer for life..wv to cali...

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCaliFan View Post
    I know it's 2k16, but usually when i'm doing franchise, in the 2016 nba draft THON MAKER is usually picked in the top 10. My point to this is that the computer knows something. Also i want to point out that he is always ranked from 20-30. I say go get thon by getting rid of lou and swaggy garbage...it be nice to see this:

Russell/ J.C./ Seth Curry

Ingram/ J.C./ Bazemore

Bazemore/ Ingram/ A. Brown

Randle/ Nance jr./ Thon Maker

Whiteside/ Thon Maker/ #32 ( I like A. Hammond) or keep Black

That lineup would win 44 games, i promise! Randle/ Maker/ Ingram/ Clarkson/ Russell would be a very interesting gruop for spacing, shooting, isolation, PNR, pick your poison....but bazemore and whiteside bring toughness, defense and the ability to make up for lack of D if their is slacking. I believe that since luke loves fundamentals, motion, spacing, versitility and everyone pnr with screens on weak sides, i believe that we will no doubt be top 12 offense, top 15 defense, in his first year. This young, athletic core will grow and rise by 2018. We also need 2 or 3 8 year plus vets that could ride the pony for 2 years. Mark my words!!!
    How do you get maker in your 2k16 draft?

Did Mitch and co. Take Ingram out to dinner last night? His workout is today

I think the Lakers should just show him where his locker will be and have his name embroided on his jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    I think the Lakers should just show him where his locker will be and have his name embroided on his jersey.
    And billboards!

Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast